BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Completely beside the point I’m making. Say you think he’s shit by all means. He possibly is. I’ve no idea.

But don’t make stuff up to try and prove that point.

What am I making up? 

That he was ‘released’ by Wigan. Wigan didn’t have a choice in the matter. 

“He left Wigan. “

”Wigan couldn’t afford his demands”

But he wasn’t ‘released’. Just as Brereton and Lucas Neil weren’t released.

Edited by Hasta

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

That he was ‘released’ by Wigan. Wigan didn’t have a choice in the matter. 

“He left Wigan. “

”Wigan couldn’t afford his demands”

But he wasn’t ‘released’ 

So technically he was still released by Wigan. Whether Wigan wanted to keep him or not. I’m sure he’s the pele of div 3 but the fact remains he was still on loan in Scotland all last season. Who knows what’s gone on who really cares but going back to my original point if he’s the standard of player we’re looking at we’re fucked. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I remember when Brum came here a couple of seasons ago under JE and their French RB (whose name escapes me but always looked a good un) played almost like a RW when they were attacking.

Brum looked very good that day. I remember JDT commenting on how good they were after the match. 

If JE is supported and players provided for him then I’m confident we can have a decent season. 

You've casually added "If JE is supported" in here like we haven't been owned by snivelling thunder cunts for the last 14 years. They either can't or won't support him and either way we're fucked. His interviews are already preparing for his exit and we haven't kicked a ball yet. 

Hateful wretches 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has released stories weekly throughout the last 2 months.

Signings made. Zero.

Which he got every behind the scenes change correct and spot on everytime. 

We have made 1 signing and Nicko had the story. 

30 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘We’ve had good loans in the past’ answers that question.

didn't answer the question but no matter. 

29 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I remember when Brum came here a couple of seasons ago under JE and their French RB (whose name escapes me but always looked a good un) played almost like a RW when they were attacking.

Brum looked very good that day. I remember JDT commenting on how good they were after the match. 

If JE is supported and players provided for him then I’m confident we can have a decent season. 

Maxime Colin was the right back

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, M_B said:

If we'd been offered £8 million for Raya when he left, anyone would have snatched their hand off. 

Double what we received up front at the time would be 6 million not 8.

4 hours ago, Ricky said:

Yeah I was going to comment on the Raya fee as one of those hindsight moments. His fee when he left was probably fair. He’d never played higher than the championship, and had been dropped a fair bit through the season.

As I already said, this isn't hindsight, it was my opinion at the time. And that of others. It was foresight. Just because it wasn't your opinion at the time doesn't make it hindsight.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Double what we received up front at the time would be 6 million not 8.

As I already said, this isn't hindsight, it was my opinion at the time. And that of others. It was foresight. Just because it wasn't your opinion at the time doesn't make it hindsight.

We reportedly received £3 million up front, we've since received another £5 million at least. 

That's how I understand it. 

13 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

You've casually added "If JE is supported" in here like we haven't been owned by snivelling thunder cunts for the last 14 years. They either can't or won't support him and either way we're fucked. His interviews are already preparing for his exit and we haven't kicked a ball yet. 

Hateful wretches 

You'd think by now he'd have worked out exactly why he in particular was given the job.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m sure he’s the pele of div 3 but the fact remains he was still on loan in Scotland all last season. 

That was the previous season. Last season he stayed at Wigan. 38 games, 9 goals. It's a no from me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matt83 said:

So technically he was still released by Wigan. Whether Wigan wanted to keep him or not. I’m sure he’s the pele of div 3 but the fact remains he was still on loan in Scotland all last season. Who knows what’s gone on who really cares but going back to my original point if he’s the standard of player we’re looking at we’re fucked. 

He played for Wigan in league last season.

38 games, 9 goals, 4 assists.

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

We reportedly received £3 million up front, we've since received another £5 million at least. 

Again, double 3 is 6.

The rest is clauses. We should have been getting 5-6 guaranteed, and still had the clauses. Or at least the sell on.

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

So what kind of goals/assists are looking at from him to qualify as a success? 

i`ve failing to understand why begovic has`nt been pursued intently,he`s 4 levels above pears even at an advanced age,can only presume that nobody gives a **** anymore and we are in a managed freefall,it was vitally important that the first signing needed to be a goalkeeper who was actually capable

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, M_B said:

Who is this mythical 'We' that is referred to here? The club? Waggot? The 'snivelling thunder cunts' (sic)?

What is patently obvious to anyone with an ounce of awareness, whatever monies have been / are being generated by player sales aren't coming back into the club. End of.

For the hard of hearing, it doesn't matter what the number is, because any monies received are not being made available for JE, JDT, the Gurning Chump, next gullible chimp or anyone else to spend on p l a y e r s....

Edited by Old Codger
Hollow club. Hollow words. Hollow promises. Hello Relegation
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So what kind of goals/assists are looking at from him to qualify as a success? 

I think a low bar of one goal for every 3 appearances would represent a surprisingly positive return. Don't worry, we've got Jack Vale and Harry Leonard. They're bound to score at least three goals between them.

35 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

He played for Wigan in league last season.

38 games, 9 goals, 4 assists.

If he replaced Gallagher on half the wages and we got a fee for big Sam how would it look then i wonder ?

Good business or another downgrade ?