BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't agree one bit. Why can't we? £8.5m with extras up to 12m with Al-Hamadi coming to us as first choice. How much is he going to really play at Ipswich and Eustace can talk into coming here. 

We got more than £15m for Armstrong but Newcastle had 40% sell on clause

I'd like to see proof of the actual numbers for Armstrong.

You can have a deal of whatever figure but it only comes reality in number terms if all the clauses and triggers are hit. I doubt, to date, the AA deal has been worth more than 12 million to us received money including the sell on.

27 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

If you think 1 in 3 is a low bar then I’m not sure you’ll be happy until Mbappe turns up. 

One in two should be the minimum yardstick for a decent striker. **

Forget all this modern  running about a bit and "bringing people into play".

**Not that we'll be signing one I don't suppose.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

One in two should be the minimum yardstick for a decent striker. **

Forget all this modern  running about a bit and "bringing people into play".

**Not that we'll be signing one I don't suppose.

That might be your yardstick, but it’s not realistic beyond the top strikers in each division, and we aren’t even remotely in that market. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I agree with you here. 

After that, Eustace can talk Waggot into retiring, then phone Venkys and talk them into giving us the full warchest.  Next he can talk Gally into playing like he’s Zlatan and Pears to become Gordon Banks.

For a finale he can talk Nicko into not making shit up and talk the record books into actually showing he has won a home game.

I have full faith in his, y’know , silver tongue.

Harsh on Eustace but a very funny post nevertheless.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon has said that Ipswich has come back in with a new bid of £8.5m with extras approaching the figure we want for him if he was to go. 

For me, its is £12m plus Al-Hamadi or £15m straight or no deal. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bloody obsessed with never gonna happen fantasy fm manager swap deals. 

• Like 1

Seems like Ipswich have now pulled a trigger point which folk keep denying exists.

Ipswich are no mugs and presumably they know of a trigger point of around £8million so fully understand their reported opening offer of £6millionish.

Some can squeal / fantasise all they want but we were never going to get £15million upwards.  It was always going to be less than £10million.

Thanks for the memories Sammie, you kept us up virtually single handed last season and good luck in the PL - you deserve a shot at it.

• Like 7

‘It doesn’t matter what we get for him as we won’t see a penny of it anyway’.

Yeah the team won’t but the NI and leccy bills will get paid for an extra month or two, they may even be able to stretch to a power washer - so screw Ipswich for every penny!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Forever Blue said:

Is that a direct quote from Waggott at the FF?😉

It isn’t, it’s just based on what’s happened for the last couple of years tbf….

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It doesn’t matter how much we get anyway, it doesn’t go back into the squad.

Maybe not on the playing side, but a pounds a pound at the end of the day. Hypothetically if someone was offering £50m for him would you be happy with £10m?

Agree with matty - if he has to go, screw Ipswich for every penny we can get. 

We might do now Broughton's gone.

2 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Maybe im the only one. I hope we will be whipped by Wigan today so that the people at the top knows its not funny anymore. This team needs bloody reinforcement.

Who at the top would honestly give a shit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It does t matter how much we get anyway, it doesn’t go back into the squad.

we tried,but just could`nt get deals over the line,the failure to get a work permit for yuki oyoshi was out of our control ,xcause mafoumbi decided to stay in france,stephen humphrys got an offer we could`nt match from another club and the loan market was`nt to our advantage,anyone else come up with some more excuses!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s not eustace fault,whoever the manager is,he can`t manage effectively in a situation like this

Oh, I know it's not his fault, just he'll likely adopt a more defensive approach, much like he did when he first joined. 

But with no pace/quality upfront it'll see a plethora of draws/defeats.

I certainly won't be blaming him for anything, we all know where the blame lies.

#VenkysOut

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Maybe im the only one. I hope we will be whipped by Wigan today so that the people at the top knows its not funny anymore. This team needs bloody reinforcement.

It's just an embarrassment for the fans.

The owners/Waggott don't give a toss about results/fans.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

is that Waggott said at the fans forum? Didn't he say we have a transfer budget? 

With his FF hat on I think K-Hod was letting his guard slip and saying what he really thought as opposed to repeating the cobblers that comes out of Waggott's mouth.