BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Seems like Ipswich have now pulled a trigger point which folk keep denying exists.

Ipswich are no mugs and presumably they know of a trigger point of around £8million so fully understand their reported opening offer of £6millionish.

Some can squeal / fantasise all they want but we were never going to get £15million upwards.  It was always going to be less than £10million.

Thanks for the memories Sammie, you kept us up virtually single handed last season and good luck in the PL - you deserve a shot at it.

Firstly, no bid has been accept Mercer so he hasn't gone anywhere yet

Secondly, the new bid is £8.5m plus a number of extras, so its all depends what that adds up. 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't agree one bit. Why can't we? £8.5m with extras up to 12m with Al-Hamadi coming to us as first choice. How much is he going to really play at Ipswich and Eustace can talk into coming here. 

We got more than £15m for Armstrong but Newcastle had 40% sell on clause

Because Armstrong was much younger than Szmodics. All Clubs are now being extremely careful where their money goes and very few in the Ipswich mould are going to spend around £12m on an unproven 28 year old.

Edited by TugaysMarlboro
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It doesn’t matter how much we get anyway, it doesn’t go back into the squad.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is that Waggott said at the fans forum? Didn't he say we have a transfer budget? 

Think most supporters realise we haven't got a pot to p1ss in.

Seems like we can't even afford to pay a decent wage.  The fact we still haven't got McFadzean over the line and have yet to make a single senior signing tells you all you need to know.  Will actually be surprised if we even manage to sign the Japanese lad on a free.

Sadly, think the games up, or very soon will be,  for Rovers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Again, double 3 is 6.

The rest is clauses. We should have been getting 5-6 guaranteed, and still had the clauses. Or at least the sell on.

I don't know where you've got the double argument from,I've no idea what you mean. 

My point is that if we'd received at least £8 straight for Raya, it would have been well received by most people. From my point of view, I'd have been amazed. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Secondly, the new bid is £8.5m plus a number of extras, so its all depends what that adds up. 

I admire your unswerving optimism and loyalty Chaddy but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that SS will pull on the Rovers' shirt again.

The deal will be less than £10million.  Simple as.  Clubs like Palace, with wee Dougie, and Ipswich have senior executive management who know what they are doing.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, TugaysMarlboro said:

Because Armstrong was much younger than Szmodics. All Clubs are now being extremely careful where their money goes and very few in the Ipswich mould are going to spend around £12m on an unproven 28 year old.

All clubs are being careful with their money?

£9 million Dobbin,£20 million Delap ,Nixon saying the Wigan defender hughes going to Hull for £7 million.Loads of players have gone this summer for ridiculous fees 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Codger said:

Who is this mythical 'We' that is referred to here? The club? Waggot? The 'snivelling thunder cunts' (sic)?

What is patently obvious to anyone with an ounce of awareness, whatever monies have been / are being generated by player sales aren't coming back into the club. End of.

For the hard of hearing, it doesn't matter what the number is, because any monies received are not being made available for JE, JDT, the Gurning Chump, next gullible chimp or anyone else to spend on p l a y e r s....

I meant "we" as meaning the club, I don't think I'm alone in referring to the club as "we". 

Sorry, kinell 😬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't know where you've got the double argument from,I've no idea what you mean. 

My point is that if we'd received at least £8 straight for Raya, it would have been well received by most people. From my point of view, I'd have been amazed. 

That would still have been a poor deal based on how well he's done and his value now though wouldn't it?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He's been left out of the squad again today, so even though nothing has been accepted, it's only a matter of time now.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

All clubs are being careful with their money?

£9 million Dobbin,£20 million Delap ,Nixon saying the Wigan defender hughes going to Hull for £7 million.Loads of players have gone this summer for ridiculous fees 

So you're not able to link the first part of my post with the second? Considering you've named 2 players aged 21 and a 19 year old.....

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

If you don't know where the doubling came from, you didn't read what you were quoting the first time.

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I admire your unswerving optimism and loyalty Chaddy but there's not a snowball's chance in hell that SS will pull on the Rovers' shirt again.

The deal will be less than £10million.  Simple as.  Clubs like Palace, with wee Dougie, and Ipswich have senior executive management who know what they are doing.

Yes Ipswich paying £20m for Delap. Oh yeah they know what they are doing. 😉🤣

Who says the deal will be less? you? 

Called people wee Dougie just annoyed the stuff out of people. 

Born a Rovers fan, always a Rovers fan till I die and I will always be positive, upbeat and optimism 

• Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly I think you're right. Even if Venky's have been taken aback by how well Wharton's done since we practically gave him away and have gone back to their old stance of demanding top fees for players, we run the risk of having an extremely unhappy player if there was a gentleman's agreement we'd let him go to a PL Club bidding £8 m - £9m.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

He's been left out of the squad again today, so even though nothing has been accepted, it's only a matter of time now.

do you know think I know he has been left out of the squad today? Blackburn Rovers is my passion and I am proud committed Rovers fan till I die

Yes it does look like a deal is getting close but nothing accept or confirm yet. I have said what I want deal wise for him.