BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

whatever the form of discontent,it will definately happen this season,there is only so much supporters will put up with,that is unless we do actually sign some quality players (very unlikely imo),nothing annoys fans more than losing heavily every week,would`nt be a great shock to me if eustace decides to resign,though i would think it`s more likely he`ll wait for the sack and get paid off

Glad you said it, as unlikely as it seems, they have to be given the chance to make signings once player sales happen. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In what context? Seems particularly vague even for him.

Although its a fair assumption that we all know.

He said a while ago that Rovers had to be smart with their transfer business. So someone tonight asked him if this is what he meant i.e Rovers sell their best players and replace them with kids. His reply was ‘it’s escalated a bit’ since then.

But apparently he has a few stories about Rovers tomorrow so ‘it’s escalated’ could mean anything.

He may have used the wrong word. Maybe he meant ‘developed’ rather than escalated, which would have less  negative connotations. Maybe we’re in for a few players? Or maybe the Venkys are bailing out? 

Who knows till tomorrow.,,,

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

For a functional club, selling our only goalscorer for a profit on the back of selling an England quality talent and getting some other bits would help to fund a proper rebuild, whilst being able to keep a bit back to run the club. 

Here, we all know (well, nearly) that we are destined to go one way, relegation will follow this season, and it helps our terrible owners (still not all the focus is on them, even snakes enabling it like Waggott and Suhail arent the issue) to keep the lights on amidst their misdemeanours.

Chaddy is an outlier who is doubling down on his superfan shite, thinking we are about to sign some good players and potentially improve. Including the goal machine signing of Lyndon Dykes.

Eustace doesnt have the same willingness to speak up like Tomasson but even he seems worn out and pissed off. I wonder if he will quit.

• Like 4

Just now, Forever Blue said:

He said a while ago that Rovers had to be smart with their transfer business. So someone tonight asked him if this is what he meant i.e Rovers sell their best players and replace them with kids. His reply was ‘it’s escalated a bit’ since then.

But apparently he has a few stories about Rovers tomorrow so ‘it’s escalated’ could mean anything.

Who was the response to?

His priority is keeping things vague enough to sell stories. But I think we all know things have escalated very fast downhill.

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Which ever way we look at it its a shambles. Can't be bothered to add up how many players less we have from last season with exits and loans returning, but with less than two weeks to go we are about to sell two more strikers to add to Ennis and Telavovic who have left since January.

Backfilling with loans, freebies and never heard offs. 

I'm not surprised players want to leave, if I was a player I'd want out too.

Worse thing about it, bar some social media discontent , these fuckers are being allowed to just get on with it.

There is not a cat in halls chance this would of been allowed to just happen under the action group days. These bustards would of been all over the papers , with the foot soldiers being taken out.

What more do they have to do before enough is enough?

like iv`e stated before,there is nothing that annoys fans more than losing badly every week,it will definately kick off this season,can you see us winning many games

Unbelievably fed up with this level of mismanagement, year after year. I can possibly put up with venkys getting themselves into tax troubles and needing to tighten the purse strings for a couple of years, and even put up with the odd admin error leading to transfer failure(s).

But the basics of what’s required by the leadership in any organization is and has always been missing with Venkys, communication. 

Why did venkys buy rovers, why do they continue to own rovers, how have the recent funding issues come and about how/when will they be rectified (including an apology for the issues this has caused the club), what culture are they looking to build into the club, where do they want the club to be in 3/5 years time. Clarity from the horses mouth on these things are absolutely vital to keeping a fan base engaged. 

I’d genuinely rather the club be in league 2 with owners who were committed to doing the basics as above, as us fans would at least have something to get behind on a Saturday afternoon win or lose. 

• Like 7

I suspect there would be a lot more traction/engagement with a protest right now.

And rightly so; the club is a complete shitshow.

12 months ago, at least we had the glimmer of hope that JDT could again overachieve with the quality of squad available to him, but we all know how that panned out.

We can't just sit back and allow all of this to happen right in front of us.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Makes no sense.

Club needs money for day to day expenses, bills, wages, HMRC.

Venkys cannot send money due to ED restrictions.

Money must come from somewhere.

This means club cannot operate so will sell assets, take loans, sell STs, whatever they can to generate money to operate.

Note all the money generated belongs to Venkys and is theirs to do as they choose.

You can't buy unless you already sold and have some trading beans.

You must have missed the part were we already sold £30m of players in the last 6 months and reinvested £0 in players.

Wake up to reality, people leave and nobody arrives.

Just now, Andy said:

I suspect there would be a lot more traction/engagement with a protest right now.

There would be, 100%

For those not quite up to speed, maybe print flyers with a QR code linking them to a topic on here with the full ins and outs, granted not very practical though as it would be pages and pages long 🥲

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, London blue said:

Been having a ding dong with someone on twitter who claims venkys would have us in the premier league had FFP not come in, citing the purchases of BBD and Gally as evidence of their backing.

I may have lost my temper

you can`t win arguments with idiots,they drag you down to their level

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He may have used the wrong word. Maybe he meant ‘developed’ rather than escalated, which would have less  negative connotations. Maybe we’re in for a few players? Or maybe the Venkys are bailing out? 

Who knows till tomorrow.,,,

Tomorrow never comes.