BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Apparently we’re interested in Dembele from Brum…Now he’s the exact type of player we are missing.

Completely agree.

However, do we have the money to bid for him?  Could Rovers pay him more than Brum and their owners who seem to care and actually invest?

I could only see it happening if he isn't in Birmingham's first 11.  Which really is depressing

2 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

If anyone wants a read 

Screenshot_20240728_080942_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080947_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080957_Patreon.jpg

Depressing. 

Also, Sam Gallagher the "hit man"?!?! Hahaha. Only if he has a side line in contract killings. Even then I'd expect he turns down most deals due to injury and, when fit, he just runs around a bit then shoots wide.

• Like 2

Chaddy will be back this morning with his £12m fee for Sammie based on the Nicki snippet. It’s not happening, it’s going to be around £8m as every other outlet is stating.

Wouldn’t mind Cannon on loan from Leicester and would welcome Hall back. 

Not seen much of Dembele but has the pace that we are crying out for.

Don’t actually see any of them happening though. 

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I didn’t realise Ruddy had joined Newcastle. He’s getting on and very average  - why would they want him? 

Something about adding to the English quota of the squad to abide by rules, without actually affecting the first team.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I didn’t realise Ruddy had joined Newcastle. He’s getting on and very average  - why would they want him? 

It’ll be the same as Carson at City, and Heaton at United. Helps with their English quota of players as they have all come through academies.

• Like 2

Just now, Ricky said:

Chaddy will be back this morning with his £12m fee for Sammie based on the Nicki snippet. It’s not happening, it’s going to be around £8m as every other outlet is stating.

You beat me to it. It’s gonna be one sunny land for the lad today with all those stories.

4 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

If anyone wants a read 

Screenshot_20240728_080942_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080947_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080957_Patreon.jpg

The striker in Belgium scored 11 in 33 in a team that was relegated from the top flight last season, 6ft 3, apparently good in the air

Would welcome Hill back and Dembele is what we are missing (pace)

That all sounds far too positive to be true lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Prem teams have 3/4 senior keepers, just in case.

He will be behind, Pope, Dubravka & Vlachodimos

Edited by KentExile

11 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Completely agree.

However, do we have the money to bid for him?  Could Rovers pay him more than Brum and their owners who seem to care and actually invest?

I could only see it happening if he isn't in Birmingham's first 11.  Which really is depressing

Think brum spent around 1mill for him so we may just muster that together but yeah doubt it happens.

That link to the Senegalese striker is just cloud in the sky stuff…

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Back looking at Dembele?

Makes no sense - have we not changed our scouting department a fair few times?

Only one thing has been constant Steve Waggott? So is it a him signing?

Well, actually, Park is also consistent from the Dembele link. We wanted him when Mowbray was here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon story on Gallagher doesn't make sense.

Saying Rovers are desperate to keep him and stokes bid only £800k.

Why leave him out yesterday then 

If it’s not nailed down then it’s for sale. The club are making that clear to buying clubs by leaving players out to avoid the risk of injury. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Correction.

He also saying we will bid on these players as we "could clear £12m on Szmodics"

Didn't he say yesterday the fee was 8m?

So Nicko is linking us with 5 players with Makhtar Gueye, Lewis Baker, James Hill on loan, Siriki Dembele and John Ruddy on loan. 

Also says Szmodics deal must be done by Wednesday or he will stay with Rovers. 

Eustace knows Dembele from his time at Birmingham. 

People were mocking myself by what was interpreting as what Nicko was suggesting last night

• Downvote 8

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So Nicko is linking us with 5 players with Makhtar Gueye, Lewis Baker, James Hill on loan, Siriki Dembele and John Ruddy on loan. 

Also says Szmodics deal must be done by Wednesday or he will stay with Rovers. 

Eustace knows Dembele from his time at Birmingham. 

People were mocking myself by what was interpreting as what Nicko was suggesting last night

How many players have we signed so far that "nicko" has linked us to?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Eustace explained cos of the interest and talks going on about him

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Correction.

He also saying we will bid on these players as we "could clear £12m on Szmodics"

Didn't he say yesterday the fee was 8m?

No he said £8.5m plus Extras. That's yet again what people don't read properly 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm sure Eustace like every other Rovers manager will be loathed to lose Gallagher, one of the first names on the team sheet when he's fit, which tells its own story. Its similar with Dolan, the only creative player we have, nobody is telling me either player isn't a worthwhile assets to a club looking to stave off relegation and finish mid table in Championship. 

I get Gallagher doesn't score enough goals, I get it, I wish he scored more, but he's an asset to this current side, we must keep him unless a silly bid comes in that we can reinvest. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No he said £8.5m plus Extras. That's yet again what people don't read properly 

Extras might never happen.

How can we clear £12m right now for Szmodics to bid for these players like he is suggesting?

• Like 2

Like him or not, Nixon is far more accurate than most at the moment (It’s a low bar..)

So IF we were to sign, Yuki, Mcfadz, Hill, Baker, Dembele, Ruddy and the Belgian for £2m - I would be delighted!

Regardless of the likelihood of the above happening, I’m going to allow myself to feel better for a few hours before the next report emerges..🤣🤣🙏🏽

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

How many players have we signed so far that "nicko" has linked us to?

Nicko is reporting players we are interested in and lets not forget he isn't the ones signings them. He was right on every behind the scenes changes whether it was GB leaving, who was coming in like Adam Owen as Technical director or John Park as head of recruitment, Ian Silvester leaving and Brett Baker from Brighton replacing him immediate, or Tom Sutton leaving Rovers scouting to join Huddersfield as Chief Scout. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1