BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Extras might never happen.

How can we clear £12m right now for Szmodics to bid for these players like he is suggesting?

I hate myself for typing this but that is the same as "could clear £12M" which Nixon wrote

All ifs, buts and maybes, but saying the same thing, not contradictory at all.  He doesn't give a timescale of when, or indeed if we could clear the £12M mark

Edited by KentExile

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Extras might never happen.

How can we clear £12m right now for Szmodics to bid for these players like he is suggesting?

Feel free to ask Nixon on X your questions. 

The Wharton 2 instalments money, Raya money plus more TV revenue will get us through the season to pay the bills. 

So the Szmodics money will be used for signings. Which will improve the squad but lets see if Rovers can get some deals over the line.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon story on Gallagher doesn't make sense.

Saying Rovers are desperate to keep him and stokes bid only £800k.

Why leave him out yesterday then 

I’d say it makes perfect sense mate. We want £1.5m and they’ve formally bid £800k meaning that an increase of £350k will probably see it done. Rovers obviously see it as close enough to pull him out of the firing line…maybe there’s an indication that they will pay.

Either way, it must be expected.

• Like 1

If Rovers don’t get enough for Gallagher to adequately replace him then selling doesn’t make sense. A player who, despite finding it hard to score goals, always gives 100% and his height is always an asset at set pieces.

If the lad wants to leave then fair enough but we don’’t give him away. 

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I hate myself for typing this but that is the same as "could clear £12M" which Nixon wrote

All ifs, buts and maybes, but saying the same thing, not contradictory at all.  He doesn't give a timescale of when, or indeed if we could clear the £12M mark

A lot of the fees banded about are different based on context, too!

A Rovers source may say that they will get £12m based on the total financial benefit. Eg - £8m fee + £2m add ons + £2m wages…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d say it makes perfect sense mate. We want £1.5m and they’ve formally bid £800k meaning that an increase of £350k will probably see it done. Rovers obviously see it as close enough to pull him out of the firing line…maybe there’s an indication that they will pay.

You’ve missed the point. If Rovers were ‘desperate’ to keep him it wouldn’t matter if Stoke had bid £800k or £1.5m

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Nixon is insulting everybody's intelligence here.

Not one of those in that story will happen.

Nixon hasn't said we are signing any of them 

He has said we are interested.

It will be like in Broughtons time, recruitment under the impression funds will be available and making enquiries for players based on that fact, then when it gets round to putting bids on the table being told by the owners via Waggott that funds ain't actually available and to look at the Z list of loans and frees 

• Like 3

The reports of Eustace being 'Frustrated' with progress on signings tells you all you need to know about the football club. They may well have shuffled a few chairs around on the top deck, but the boats still sinking. 

Sounds like JDT last summer doesn't it? 

• Like 2

Just now, Gav said:

The reports of Eustace being 'Frustrated' with progress on signings tells you all you need to know about the football club. They may well have shuffled a few chairs around on the top deck, but the boats still sinking. 

Sounds like JDT last summer doesn't it? 

It’s clear Gally is being sold without his approval. He’s said as much.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nicko is reporting players we are interested in and lets not forget he isn't the ones signings them. He was right on every behind the scenes changes whether it was GB leaving, who was coming in like Adam Owen as Technical director or John Park as head of recruitment, Ian Silvester leaving and Brett Baker from Brighton replacing him immediate, or Tom Sutton leaving Rovers scouting to join Huddersfield as Chief Scout. 

Chaddy - Nixon is a football reporter, it's his job to manufacture headlines in order to grab attention. Occasionally he will get some things right; if he didn't, he'd be out of a job.

Not everything he says will come true, you know. 

I'd also ask yourself where you think Nixon gets these snippets from. Think about it for once and try to put 2 and 2 together.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You’ve missed the point. If Rovers were ‘desperate’ to keep him it wouldn’t matter if Stoke had bid £800k or £1.5m

The manager may be ‘desperate’ but the board obviously aren’t…

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

What doesn't make sense is Nixon saying we are desperate to keep him.

If desperate to keep him you play him yesterday 

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Correction.

He also saying we will bid on these players as we "could clear £12m on Szmodics"

Didn't he say yesterday the fee was 8m?

Let alone what we will need to pay Posh with their sell on clause.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon hasn't said we are signing any of them 

He has said we are interested.

It will be like in Broughtons time, recruitment under the impression funds will be available and making enquiries for players based on that fact, then when it gets round to putting bids on the table being told by the owners via Waggott that funds ain't actually available and to look at the Z list of loans and frees 

Spot on. Eustace had been quick to point out that  the recruitment team are working hard when asked about the budget. The implication is obvious. He just hasn’t got to the ‘ask Steve and Suhail’ stage yet

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

As always the proof is in the pudding- let’s see IF we sign anyone once Sammie leaves. 

I think if Sammie leaves for 8 million plus, we will use about 3-4 million of that money on signings. Having made about 35 million in the last year, we are clearing biding time until the owners leave imo.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t believe this…

You’ve just agreed a few posts up🤣

He’s said he wants to keep everyone in the group. He’s said it more than once in the last week or so. 

Edited by Forever Blue

45 minutes ago, BRFCethan said:

If anyone wants a read 

Screenshot_20240728_080942_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080947_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080957_Patreon.jpg

Has this been released from the club, via Nixon to try and appease the fans.

Yesterday, Szmodics and Gallagher were leaving and we put out "a more senior" starting 11 that would be comically relegated from the championship.

Now we're suddenly linked with 5 players, with fees involved and not a 38 year old in sight.

Hard to imagine we'll sign any of them and the manager already confirmed that Gallagher is talking to another club so not sure why the suggestion is that we aren't keen on him leaving, especially when he also states how much we want in the same article.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Chaddy - Nixon is a football reporter, it's his job to manufacture headlines in order to grab attention. Occasionally he will get some things right; if he didn't, he'd be out of a job.

Not everything he says will come true, you know. 

I'd also ask yourself where you think Nixon gets these snippets from. Think about it for once and try to put 2 and 2 together.

He has got plenty right this summer and I have given examples of things he has got 100% right. As ever with people on this forum, you see Nicko reporting our interest in players and automatically think he is signing but that's not what is being reporting here. I have never said anywhere he gets everything right cos he is ONLY reporting our interest which I fully understand. 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What doesn't make sense is Nixon saying we are desperate to keep him.

If desperate to keep him you play him yesterday 

Eustace has said he wants to keep him but if we get an acceptable offer given he has 12 months left on his deal he will go which Eustace will understand 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Exactly. So when Nixon says Rovers he actually means Eustace. 

Come on…removing the fact that we’re a basket case club. Gally is in the last year of his contract so it’s natural that the board would want to sell him as oppose to lose him for nothing. The manager would prefer to keep the player.

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Come on…removing the fact that we’re a basket case club. Gally is in the last year of his contract so it’s natural that the board would want to sell him as oppose to lose him for nothing. The manager would prefer to keep the player.

So Hyam, Siggy and Dolan will also be sold presumably?

Just give me a minute while I compose myself after seeing a Rovers fan state we wouldn’t let a player leave on a free🤣

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, imy9 said:

As always the proof is in the pudding- let’s see IF we sign anyone once Sammie leaves. 

I think if Sammie leaves for 8 million plus, we will use about 3-4 million of that money on signings. Having made about 35 million in the last year, we are clearing biding time until the owners leave imo.

3-4million? I would be amazed if we spent that!!! I’d would say 1-1.5mill at the max! Why spend money when you can get frees and loans eh.

• Like 1