BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So Hyam, Siggy and Dolan will also be sold presumably?

Just give me a minute while I compose myself after seeing a Rovers fan state we wouldn’t let a player leave on a free🤣

Dolan we will still get a fee for. 

On Hyam and Sigurdsson we should(hopefully) be in contract talks will them. Maybe Hyam has agreed a new contract just need announce

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Why wouldn't Gallagher not be interested in a Stoke move - he lives in Cheshire (think it's Knutsford - seen him out and about there on a couple of occasions) and is therefore some 20+ miles c;loser than where he travels to now and he'll have a longer contract with more dosh at a club with more ambition and serious owners.  A no brainer.

I thought it was Manchester he live? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just give me a minute while I compose myself after seeing a Rovers fan state we wouldn’t let a player leave on a free🤣

Dolan doesn't matter quite as much as the others.

As Rovers have offered Dolan a contract, due to his age, Rovers would still get a fee as long as he moves to another English club

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

On Hyam and Sigurdsson we should(hopefully) be in contract talks will them. Maybe Hyam has agreed a new contract just need announce

Or maybe he hasn’t. You don’t half come out with some tosh. As if he’d agree a new contract and then us just not announce it lol.

I do sometimes wonder if you’re paid to post by admin. Before you came on and started spouting your usual nonsense this morning there had been about 3 posts, since then there have been about 30. Mainly calling you out on the absolute nonsense you seem to believe .

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only if he stays in this country.

Really can't see Hyam or Sigurdsson agreeing new deals.

How can we commit to salary's like there's for past this season when our owners can't fund the club?

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

🤣🤣🤣…tbf to the board, I don’t think they’ve ever wanted a player to leave on a free. Venkys we’re stubborn.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold Siggy and Hyam if they don’t sign new contracts. Dolan is different because we’ll still get a fee.

21 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

If Rovers don’t get enough for Gallagher to adequately replace him then selling doesn’t make sense. A player who, despite finding it hard to score goals, always gives 100% and his height is always an asset at set pieces.

If the lad wants to leave then fair enough but we don’’t give him away. 

We won't get enough to replace him, I was actually hoping he'd have his contract extended. 

If as expected, we're looking to rely on the younger forwards more, he would have been a tried and tested experienced head to partner any young player on the pitch. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Feel free to ask Nixon on X your questions. 

The Wharton 2 instalments money, Raya money plus more TV revenue will get us through the season to pay the bills. 

So the Szmodics money will be used for signings. Which will improve the squad but lets see if Rovers can get some deals over the line.  

It really won’t though. If you look at what’s been accumulated in transfers, since the Armstrong sale, and what’s been bought, there must be a significant difference. I’d say around £30-£40 million. 

Even if Szmodics went for say £10 million, where are you going to find someone who scores 27 goals for that kind of money. 

#NAPM until Venky’s go! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Spot on. Eustace had been quick to point out that  the recruitment team are working hard when asked about the budget. The implication is obvious. He just hasn’t got to the ‘ask Steve and Suhail’ stage yet

Yep, early days of JDT it was ‘ask Greg’ and ‘I know the recruitment team are working really hard’. Another decent Manager / Coach they are setting up to fail, so depressing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I do sometimes wonder if you’re paid to post by admin. Before you came on and started spouting your usual nonsense this morning there had been about 3 posts, since then there have been about 30. Mainly calling you out on the absolute nonsense you seem to believe .

“Chaps…they’re onto us…” 😆

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Or maybe he hasn’t. You don’t half come out with some tosh. As if he’d agree a new contract and then us just not announce it lol.

I have had the subject matter on ignore now for a few weeks, my first and only use of the ignore function.

It's almost a waste of time as so many requote as is the case now. Plus the annoying message telling me I'm ignoring someone, wtf is that about.

Still it does reduce clutter and the garbage build up.

1 hour ago, BRFCethan said:

If anyone wants a read 

Screenshot_20240728_080942_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080947_Patreon.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_080957_Patreon.jpg

Full of shit.

Loads of stick flying around over no signings despite already selling 25 mill worth of talent with more outgoings lined up then suddenly Nixon does a damage limitation piece on behalf of the club.

If ANY of those incomings and spending happens i'm the King of Norway.

• Like 7

Just now, tomphil said:

Full of shit.

Loads of stick flying around over no signings despite already selling 25 mill worth of talent with more outgoings lined up then suddenly Nixon does a damage limitation piece on behalf of the club.

If ANY of those incomings and spending happens i'm the King of Norway.

Exactly this. It's just so obvious.

• Like 1

Makhtar Gueye played in the pro league last season not the 2nd Division. Scored 11 goals. Standard Liege have had a loan to buy bid rejected, the club have said he can only leave on a permanent basis.

He’s 6 foot 5 and has had a steady record throughout his career, mainly in Belgium. 

I wonder if they have been told they can now spend some of the Szmodics money.

• Like 2

Few people knew about the staff turn over in the club not just Nixon. 

Nixon and chaddy have  linked us with 10 players this season (all dross btw)

1/10 have signed. 

22year old goalkeeper who couldn’t make everton reserve team. 

30million in sales, nothing meaningful put back into the squad. 

The most depleted squad I’ve seen in 30 years. 

To many people happy to receive money for players and see freebies brought in. 

and chaddy save the I told you so if inevitability we do bring in another freebie that Nixon mentioned, it ain’t good enough simple as that. You should be demanding the best from the club, not accepting cheap rubbish and lies 24/7.

• Like 4

If we get rid of Gally and SS without adequate replacements then Eustace’s job becomes impossible. He’s not been saying he wants 5 or 6 quality signings cos he’s a yes man. He’s been saying it because he knows he’s absolutely fucked without them. 

I actually think he could become a good manager for us. 

My only hope is that we do spend some of the SS money on the players he wants. I can’t imagine even Waggott and Venkys are going to leave Eustace to play a Championship season with the forward line that started at Wigan yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly this. It's just so obvious.

When was the last time Rovers spent 2.5 million on anyone let alone when we have serious funding issues ?

His transparency is so obvious.

• Like 2

Context as I see it:

Szmodics will clear AT LEAST 2 million after tax more than working for us from a move to any PL club- he was always a gonner particularly after his interview with Big Sam.

We enforced the extra year contract on Gally so he is valueless next summer. For a non-scoring centre forward it was always flog for whatever we can get for him this summer. And it is pretty obvious Eustace doesn't rate him all that highly either unlike Dolan whom we will keep unless getting a 5m-ish offer.

SO

I am going to give it to the end of the window before burning Ewood down but will be lobbing fireworks if at least 3 aren't here by Wednesday next in time to at least sit on the bench for Derby.

BUT

My reading of the accounts is we are about to be capable of making the 5 or 6 STRENGTHENING signings Eustace has spoken about even without Venky's dipping into their pockets. (And I am not counting John Ruddy to whom we will all be eternally grateful for his howlers at Ewood which in the end sent BIG CLUB down and kept us up)

Failure to make these 5 or 6 signings will be yet another albatros round Waggott's neck.

• Like 2