BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Eustace wanted 5 last week. That was before we talked about selling Szmodics or Gallagher so can only assume that means we now need at least 7 if they both go.

0 signed so far despite twitter talk.

12 days until kick off.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Eustace wanted 5 last week. That was before we talked about selling Szmodics or Gallagher so can only assume that means we now need at least 7 if they both go.

0 signed so far despite twitter talk.

12 days until kick off.

We’ve signed Everton’s released youth team keeper!! How dare you underestimate the power of our transfer team!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I wonder if they have been told they can now spend some of the Szmodics money.

You can only assume from the move for McGuire (the original move to buy him outright, rather than the muddled together loan to buy) last winter that they were told they could spend some of the Wharton money.  Then evidentially changed the goalposts whilst McGuire was mid flight

That turned out well

Edited by KentExile

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

When was the last time Rovers spent 2.5 million on anyone let alone when we have serious funding issues ?

His transparency is so obvious.

Szmodics 2 years ago? I do get your point though. I’m one of the more optimistic people on here I think but even I don’t believe we will reinvest money.

id imagine smzodics and gally go and maybe even another senior player. We will replace with cheap frees, kids on loan and there will probably be 2/3 signings permanent for cheap like 200k.

for me the season is now irrelevant we will be cannon fodder. The big thing is what’s the plan here? Is this venkys end game? That’s all I’m clinging to now. 

Edited by Galgaterover10
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What doesn't make sense is Nixon saying we are desperate to keep him.

If desperate to keep him you play him yesterday 

IMO, the use of the word 'desperate' paints the club in a good light for the masses that don't pay much attention to off field goings on. It could be seen as a way to soften the 'blow' of his impending departure.

'The club tried their best. They were desperate to keep Gally, but were forced to sell due to the court case in India, what do you expect Waggott to do, it's not his fault, the court case...'

That's the kind of thing I expect some of our fans to come out with when he is sold.

Desperate to keep him? Yeah. Right. They are desperate though, so he has got that bit right.

22 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Szmodics 2 years ago? I do get your point though. I’m one of the more optimistic people on here I think but even I don’t believe we will reinvest money.

id imagine smzodics and gally go and maybe even another senior player. We will replace with cheap frees, kids on loan and there will probably be 2/3 signings permanent for cheap like 200k.

for me the season is now irrelevant we will be cannon fodder. The big thing is what’s the plan here? Is this venkys end game? That’s all I’m clinging to now. 

Think he was 1.8 million not including adds or sell ons.

As for Vs i'm not sure in their minds it's end game at all i still think that will have to be forced one way or another.  What is in their minds us just keep the club in business and we end up where we end up but the lights are still on and they still own it.

Then they'll expect (and get from some bizarre sections of the fanbase) credit for propping up a league 1 club to the tune of 5 or 6 million a year.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Makhtar Gueye played in the pro league last season not the 2nd Division. Scored 11 goals. Standard Liege have had a loan to buy bid rejected, the club have said he can only leave on a permanent basis.

He’s 6 foot 5 and has had a steady record throughout his career, mainly in Belgium. 

I wonder if they have been told they can now spend some of the Szmodics money.

Deffo look the case according to Nicko posts

30 minutes ago, BigHoz said:

Few people knew about the staff turn over in the club not just Nixon. 

Nixon and chaddy have  linked us with 10 players this season (all dross btw)

1/10 have signed. 

22year old goalkeeper who couldn’t make everton reserve team. 

30million in sales, nothing meaningful put back into the squad. 

The most depleted squad I’ve seen in 30 years. 

To many people happy to receive money for players and see freebies brought in. 

and chaddy save the I told you so if inevitability we do bring in another freebie that Nixon mentioned, it ain’t good enough simple as that. You should be demanding the best from the club, not accepting cheap rubbish and lies 24/7.

so these people knew Brett Baker was coming in or that John Park was coming in and the recruitment team was leaving? or that Adam Owen was coming in as TD. 

I haven't linked us to anyone but simply posting what has been reported by Footballing journalists whether its Nicko, Witcoop or Jackson. 

We all know what has happened to the Wharton and Raya money which is funding the club for next 12 months. 

Lets see who we sign before the window ends but I think Dembele, Baker, Hill would be good logically signings. Not keen on Ruddy personally cos we should be doing better and Gueye I have no idea on. McFadzean I'm ok with and Yuki Ohashi I have no idea on. 

52 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Or maybe he hasn’t. You don’t half come out with some tosh. As if he’d agree a new contract and then us just not announce it lol.

I do sometimes wonder if you’re paid to post by admin. Before you came on and started spouting your usual nonsense this morning there had been about 3 posts, since then there have been about 30. Mainly calling you out on the absolute nonsense you seem to believe .

I don't know any of the BRFCS team personally apart from meeting Tom and Josh at Rovers event for a small brief chat. 

they were 42 posts this morning before I posted this morning including several from yourself. Maybe practice what you are preaching and if myself posting is such a problem then used the ignore function cos of me being myself then please used it

I have ignore for your unwarranted and unnecessary attacks on myself  

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m surprised we’re after a CM, unless we’re preparing to sell someone like Buckley.

unless Garrett is leaving on loan. JRC is going to play from the right winger, meaning we only have 3 in there

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought it was Manchester he live? 

He's a Cheshire 'boy' as are many footballers - Mobberley, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Knutsford are the popular areas.  Some stunning properties all 2 to 3 times as much as even the Ribble Valley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

unless Garrett is leaving on loan. JRC is going to play from the right winger, meaning we only have 3 in there

Hedges will play wide right (when fit).  JRC will move inside, in a recent interview (some point last week), Eustace said he was just trying to get his best currently available players into the same 11

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He's a Cheshire 'boy' as are many footballers - Mobberley, Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, Knutsford are the popular areas.  Some stunning properties all 2 to 3 times as much as even the Ribble Valley.

It is lovely part of the world as it the Ribble Valley area. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Hedges will play wide right (when fit).  JRC will move inside, in a recent interview (some point last week), Eustace said he was just trying to get his best currently available players into the same 11

From a tactical point of view he seems to want his RW tucked in more like a RM, and then an out and out winger on the left. I’m only going off what I’ve read. He speaks highly of Hedges though, seems to genuinely rate him as a player. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

From a tactical point of view he seems to want his RW tucked in more like a RM, and then an out and out winger on the left. I’m only going off what I’ve read. He speaks highly of Hedges though, seems to genuinely rate him as a player. 

Hedges does that also, being left footed on the right side, he is arguably more suited to it than JRC.  That being said, if we get an entire season (46 games) out of the two of them combined, we have done well

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

We definitely need a left winger then, which I presume is the Dembele link.

Exactly. We need another centre back which Hill on loan would cover to Wharton is back next season. We need a striker so that's the Gueye signing, Baker for CM, allowing JRC to play wide right. Dembele gives us pace wide which we lack. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I’m surprised we’re after a CM, unless we’re preparing to sell someone like Buckley.

We're definitely a midfielder light even with Buckley - we only have Travis, Tronstad, Buckley, JRC. Minimum we need is five. Unless we count Garret but I wouldnt include him in five starters at this stage as he really struggled last year.

Also with Szmodics going we could well see JRC and/or Buckley moved up to number 10

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Hedges like JRC is a good player at this level.. Issue is between them we will be lucky to get 40 games a season. Sigurdsson also injured very frequently.

If we go into the season relying on them to start regularly we will only have ourselves to blame when we free fall over Christmas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

A team does not have to play with two out and out wingers. One of our problems is that at the minute we are playing with none.

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

No idea, but he’s a good footballer who just seems to have lost his way. 

We've been saying that ever since he broke into the first team squad and had a brief good spell as a kind of false 9 who never ran into the box.  Played there by TM because they felt he wasn't ready physically for his natural deeper midfield spot but in truth i think time has told us he is a tidy but bang average footballer who lacks the necessary tenacity.