BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Believe the club are very hopeful of 2 more later in the week.

We've been "hopeful" of at least four or five NET incomings since the end of last season!

It's not like there's any rush though -I mean there's still 12 whole days to go to the start of the season.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Lets see if the 3 medicals go to plan tomorrow and when Sammie and Gally move on we can get these other players in and hopefully have a decent season….

Deary me, you're up there with Chaddy in terms of delusion.

• Like 1

3 tomorrow, I’ll go Mafuabi, Oshashi and Baker

Gueye and Dembele later in week.

That might give us a chance to survive. Will need a GK though

Edited by Fraserkirky

1 hour ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

My posting on here has been so sporadic that I'd forgotten the 'ignore' function.

I'll take it that's a "no" then.

Have you anything constructive to add to the debate about how we'll do next season or did you decide to grace us with your presence simply to have a pop at me? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

Weimann wouldn’t be a bad signing but we would still be light up front. No idea where the goals will come from in the current squad.

He has a similar goal rate to Gally in recent years (3 last season, 7 the season before) and will be 33 years old within a week.  He was a very good player at this level in the past, but those numbers coupled with his age do imply that he is on the decline

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andreas-weimann/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/49693/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Edited by KentExile

27 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He has a similar goal rate to Gally in recent years (3 last season, 7 the season before) and will be 33 years old within a week.  He was a very good player at this level in the past, but those numbers coupled with his age do imply that he is on the decline

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andreas-weimann/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/49693/plus/0?saison=2023&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

I won't argue that he's in decline compared to his 21/22 season, but he still contributed to 13 goals last year.

On the flip side, he can play on the left (which we need), and I'd say he still is technically gifted enough, and experienced enough to influence the game both on and off the ball.

It doesn't excite me, but I wouldn't be mad about it. 

Also it's better than spending the same sort of wage and loan fee on someone from a PL2 side who disappears after November.

Edited by Ricceh

I imagine that the 3 booked in for medicals are the young French lad (although surely he did a medical already if he's been over for a week...?), Ohashi and McFadzean.

Its something, but its nowhere near enough at this stage, especially with Sammie and Gallagher on their way. Not arsed about the latter, he's be awful and injury prone for the last 18 months or so, so it doesn't really feel like much of a loss.

47 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

I won't argue that he's in decline compared to his 21/22 season, but he still contributed to 13 goals last year.

On the flip side, he can play on the left (which we need), and I'd say he still is technically gifted enough, and experienced enough to influence the game both on and off the ball.

It doesn't excite me, but I wouldn't be mad about it. 

Also it's better than spending the same sort of wage and loan fee on someone from a PL2 side who disappears after November.

He is versatile, could fill in either wide position, as well as 9, or 10,  But if we do have limited funds, I would prefer someone who is a genuine goal threat and someone with real pace (even on loan) rather than a 33 year old squad player.

If somehow Rovers could afford all of these, then I agree, he is not a terrible signing due to his ability to cover multiple positions & he doesn't seem to miss many games with injuries.

Edit - He did do his ACL 4 years ago, but seems his past 3 seasons have been pretty much injury free

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nathan’s reliability honestly makes me wonder if he’s flown back home.

😂😂

Sorry, said earlier that he would be stealing Unsall's info and trying to pass it off as his own. Should have said in the post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

3 tomorrow, I’ll go Mafuabi, Oshashi and Baker

Gueye and Dembele later in week.

That might give us a chance to survive. Will need a GK though

I feel like Baker, Gueye and Dembele are absolute pie in the sky links.

Just not going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Its something, but its nowhere near enough at this stage, especially with Sammie and Gallagher on their way. Not arsed about the latter, he's be awful and injury prone for the last 18 months or so, so it doesn't really feel like much of a loss.

I was trying to work out earlier, as things stand and assuming Szmodics and Gallagher leave,are we nine players down on the squad that only stayed up on the final day of last season?

Wharton injured.

Then 27 goal Szmodics, Gallagher, Telalovic, Wahlstead, Fleck, McFadzean/Hill, Ayari, Chrisene.

Now you could argue that Szmodics apart we won't miss any of those that are no longer here and if you were looking for a silver lining I would say either the Coach or Park have quickly identified our worst three players in Telalovic Wahlstedt and Gallagher and got them out of the door.

Also with the return of Travis and Buckley we're probably "only" seven players down. Given we probably originally needed four or five quality net additions in the right areas though it leaves us with an unbelievable amount to do to be competitive imo

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was trying to work out earlier, as things stand and assuming Szmodics and Gallagher leave,are we nine players down on the squad that only stayed up on the final day of last season?

Wharton injured.

Then 27 goal Szmodics, Gallagher, Telalovic, Wahlstead, Fleck, McFadzean/Hill, Ayari, Chrisene.

Now you could argue that Szmodics apart we won't miss any of those that are no longer here and if you were looking for a silver lining I would say either the Coach or Park have quickly identified our worst three players in Telalovic Wahlstedt and Gallagher and got them out of the door.

Also with the return of Travis and Buckley we're probably "only" seven players down. Given we probably originally needed four or five quality net additions in the right areas though it leaves us with an unbelievable amount to do to be competitive imo

If we are including players back from loan, such as Travis, and we are including Fleck, Telalovic, Koumetio (one you missed and easily forgettable) on the "out list", then we probably have to include Gent and Vale on the "in list".  Purely in terms of numbers

• Like 1