BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Being tipped to finish below a Wayne Rooney managed Plymouth Argyle is a pretty damning outlook for Rovers.

There was a supercomputer that ran a simulation a few weeks back and from memory it had us going down in 22nd 6 points adrift of safety with Plymouth being the team above us that survived.

This will get Mr Ottershaw on my case if he hasn't already stuck me on ignore but right now 22nd seems quite optimistic.

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

I saw a comment on twitter from a Stokie to a Rovers fan when they were linked with Gally, something along the lines of ‘can you stop selling us your shit forwards please’. Made me chuckle. 

So yes is the answer!

I was wondering why Stoke were suddenly kindly taking a lot of our unwanted garbage off our hands. 

Has anyone moved from the backroom staff here to Stoke at all?

I think we’re going to need some big performances and players to kick on with the likes of dolan and Buckley. We really need those to to step up to the plate and keep JRC injury free. He’s going to be the key to our goals and involvements this season as it stands . Carter needs to be a rock and ever present and we need the hyam that got POTY to performance consistently. Travis needs to get a grip of them all and lead by example. Sadly I still think injuries and back room shenanigans will curtail our season pretty rapidly 

BLUE ARMY 🥺

• Like 2

His backtracking isn’t good enough. He rans a lot, but most of the time as a headless chicken. 

I may not rate him has highly as others and the fact he hasn’t signed a contract yet gives me less affection of him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

His backtracking isn’t good enough. He rans a lot, but most of the time as a headless chicken. 

I may not rate him has highly as others and the fact he hasn’t signed a contract yet gives me less affection of him

Well that’s your opinion , which am sure other share but he really can’t be called lazy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

He rans a lot - So the opposite of lazy then? 

I can somewhat agree with the headless chicken analogy

If Rovers are offering him less than £10K/week, when he could probably get close to double at most other Championship clubs, would you sign on for longer with the current issues if you were not a fan of the club?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Nixon saying Stoke want £2.5m for Baker, which is £1m more than we want for Gally . I’m guessing the swap deal is off. 

Nixon also say Stoke have an interest in Travis. 

Stoke asking price for Baker is a joke tbh

13 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Are they trying to get their own back on Rovers for us flogging them Ennis?

But Baker should not be a priority and swapping one of our few remaining forwards for another midfielder would be madness

Ennis played more there then he did here, It was very quickly to see JDT didn't fancy after he started with fitness issues. 

Baker will be one of a number of Centre midfielder list we are looking at. Baker is out of contract in 12 months 

More depressing by the day.

Shouldn't be going near Fleck even with the proverbial sh1tty stick.

Just why on earth are we even thinking about Baker at Stoke - we have far more pressing needs.

Bad news about Leonard and Gilsenan.  Particularly concerned with Leonard's shoulder injury - high chance dislocation will happen again in a physical contact sport and then it will be the inevitable surgery.

Does anyone really think we will get half a season's games out of Siggy - another injury prone liability 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke asking price for Baker is a joke tbh

Stoke are perfectly entitled to ask whatever they want for him.

You're just annoyed that the potential swap deal with Gallagher which was mooted by nicko is never and was never going to go ahead.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Stoke are perfectly entitled to ask whatever they want for him.

You're just annoyed that the potential swap deal with Gallagher which was mooted by nicko is never and was never going to go ahead.

Exactly - it is what 'normal' clubs do: "You want to buy one of our first team players? OK, here's a price over their value. Pay it or leave." Some other clubs just flog the family jewels at the first sniff of an offer.

Edited by Devon Rover
Clicked submit too keenly. Unlike club admin on deadline day...
  • Like 4

On 28/07/2024 at 09:22, scotchrover said:

It really won’t though. If you look at what’s been accumulated in transfers, since the Armstrong sale, and what’s been bought, there must be a significant difference. I’d say around £30-£40 million. 

Even if Szmodics went for say £10 million, where are you going to find someone who scores 27 goals for that kind of money. 

#NAPM until Venky’s go! 

From and including the Armstrong transfer we have a net income of £39m and that doesn't include the Raya add-ons nor Szmodics / Gallagher. So we could be looking at £55m in NET income from transfers over ~4 years.

Yet still we're pissing money left right and centre somewhere.

For what it's worth, the number is around +£90m net from transfers since Venkys took over, might just off-set the agent fees allegedly.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 6

Rovers will not pay 2.5 million and give a 3 year contract to a 29 year old on 15-20k per week. It simply will not happen. They wouldn’t even give him a contract like that if he were free.

Even if they have a sudden impulse to spend they won’t invest that in him because in all likelihood he will be worth 0 in 3 years and he’d still be one of the top wage earners.

It will be low fees from abroad or lower end championship/league 1 players at an age where they can in theory improve and increase their transfer value. I’m even amazed they’ve agree to giving Fadz 12 months.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Does anyone really think we will get half a season's games out of Siggy - another injury prone liability 

Even when fully fit I wouldn't want him in the team. He's doesn't like the physicality of the English game, the heart the size of a pea and not particularly talented either hiding out on the left wing offering very little attacking threat. 

Cue someone saying he scored a few goals last season. My is contention is that's as good as it gets with him

Really, the prospective starting XI next week is so weak it would struggle to say in League One never mind the Championship

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

More depressing by the day.

Shouldn't be going near Fleck even with the proverbial sh1tty stick.

Just why on earth are we even thinking about Baker at Stoke - we have far more pressing needs.

2 players having medicals Mercer, Depressing? 🤣. Rovers are getting on with incoming deals. I wouldn't be surprise to see Ben Chrisene back at Rovers before the August deadline. 

Fleck is training at Rangers currently

On Baker, we need another centre midfielder if we are going to use JRC wide right more aswell Travis could move on or Garrett out on loan. 

We have needs in Keeper, centre back, left back, Centre midfield, wide left and up front. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Which probably explains why we are linked with CMs like Wintle.

Travis may not be happy at Rovers after last season 

Or Travis might be happy but if we only have Travis, Tronstad and Buckley in centre midfield cos we are playing JRC wide right and Garrett going on loan then we need another for sure. 

Its going to be interesting next 32 days until the window shuts. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Even when fully fit I wouldn't want him in the team. He's doesn't like the physicality of the English game, the heart the size of a pea and not particularly talented either hiding out on the left wing offering very little attacking threat. 

Cue someone saying he scored a few goals last season. My is contention is that's as good as it gets with him

Really, the prospective starting XI next week is so weak it would struggle to say in League One never mind the Championship

In your opinion who is good enough? Something tells me you like an old -style player 

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Rovers will not pay 2.5 million and give a 3 year contract to a 29 year old on 15-20k per week. It simply will not happen. They wouldn’t even give him a contract like that if he were free.

Even if they have a sudden impulse to spend they won’t invest that in him because in all likelihood he will be worth 0 in 3 years and he’d still be one of the top wage earners.

It will be low fees from abroad or lower end championship/league 1 players at an age where they can in theory improve and increase their transfer value. I’m even amazed they’ve agree to giving Fadz 12 months.

Like the recent John Ruddy suggestions, makes no sense. Particularly when you see Lewis Baker's recent history (last season) with a bad knee injury. Although maybe that makes it as much of a Rovers signing as any other?!

• Like 1