BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Should we start the relegation thread now? 

I think in previous years the thread has got kick off way too early, but I think most neutral onlookers do have us in the relegation battle this year. We're around 5th favourite for relegation....

So a very reasonable topic to raise. I don't think we have ever gone into a season in the Champioship in the relegation top 5 favourites? Even when under Coyle etc.

image.png.54648bd22be9136b9bcacc728825788a.png

Just now, Devon Rover said:

Like the recent John Ruddy suggestions, makes no sense. Particularly when you see Lewis Baker's recent history (last season) with a bad knee injury. Although maybe that makes it as much of a Rovers signing as any other?!

They will have been looking to give Ruddy, Batth, Cooper 12 month deals, which would mean they would either want more money or feel they could get 2 years elsewhere 

12 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Which probably explains why we are linked with CMs like Wintle.

Travis may not be happy at Rovers after last season 

Lets be honest I doubt many of those that remain are particularly happy at Rovers.

If you are one of our remaining 'senior' players - Gallagher, Travis, Hyam - people who could easily get offers from other Championship clubs - why on earth would you want to hang around this sinking ship?

The only people happy will be the u21s who are going to be thrown into the Championship and given regular game time, good enough or not, simply by virtue of being cheap and already in the building. This will give them an opportunity to prove themselves at Championship level, again good enough or not.

The club have already made their intentions and ambitions for the future quite clear this summer. No intention of getting anywhere, improving, being ambitious. The only intention is to cut costs even further by offloading the few remaining 'big' earners and replacing them with kids, loans and cheap desperate signings.

Imagine being in the prime years of your career and turning up at Brockhall for pre-season, a threadbare squad, no investment, no signings. I'd be on the phone to my agent for a move ASAP, especially if I'd recently had a taste of playing at a professional club and seeing what a difference it makes.

• Like 9

On 27/07/2024 at 18:00, TommyRovers said:

Going to be a painful season. Asset stripping is a phrase  for it I suppose.

Venkys are planning their exit but they're gonna leave us pretty screwed.

August 20 is massive.

Fuck sake, now you've reappeared saying that we've almost certainly got another 10+ years with this lot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't be counted as a signing surely, given he was part of last year's squad.  

We've managed to retain a 37 yr old.  Well done Rovers. 

Correct. But we shouldn't forget that he will be "like a new signing". Like Travis and Hedges. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FE123 said:

They will have been looking to give Ruddy, Batth, Cooper 12 month deals, which would mean they would either want more money or feel they could get 2 years elsewhere 

The issue with Cooper was that he wanted  more guaranteed pay, and less appearance-related pay. He’s getting an automatic 1 year extension if he plays a certain amount of games so that wasn’t the issue. 

Edited by Forever Blue

15 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

One being 37 year old McFadzean, who was part of the bare bones squad that limped over the line in May.  I don't think any fan in their right mind is going to consider that a new signing, it just isn't.  Couple that with the seemingly imminent departures of Szmodics and Gallagher and the squad, with 11 days until the new season is unquestionably weaker. 

It is depressing, you can't deny that. 

Oh he can and will 😜

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

image.png.54648bd22be9136b9bcacc728825788a.png

Why are Southampton there? 

I do not rate Russell Martin at all, but he would be going some to get relegated from the Championship this season

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

Fuck sake, now you've reappeared saying that we've almost certainly got another 10+ years with this lot.

A poster with a zero success rate on any info from the club, keep scrolling super 👍

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 players having medicals Mercer, Depressing? 🤣. Rovers are getting on with incoming deals. I wouldn't be surprise to see Ben Chrisene back at Rovers before the August deadline. 

Fleck is training at Rangers currently

On Baker, we need another centre midfielder if we are going to use JRC wide right more aswell Travis could move on or Garrett out on loan. 

We have needs in Keeper, centre back, left back, Centre midfield, wide left and up front. 

Or Travis might be happy but if we only have Travis, Tronstad and Buckley in centre midfield cos we are playing JRC wide right and Garrett going on loan then we need another for sure. 

Its going to be interesting next 32 days until the window shuts. 

One of those players is a player we already own. A 37 year old journeyman 

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have needs in Keeper, centre back, left back, Centre midfield, wide left and up front. 

Ah yes, the old, "pretty much the entire team" department.. no issues there, I suppose, with just a few days to the start of the actual season... no, nothing to see here....jog on...

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The club have already made their intentions and ambitions for the future quite clear this summer. No intention of getting anywhere, improving, being ambitious. The only intention is to cut costs even further by offloading the few remaining 'big' earners and replacing them with kids, loans and cheap desperate signings.

I wonder if we will be treated to another clusterfuck from Mr Waggott, about the ambition for the club in the coming season? I mean, he was pretty much on the money last season, right? (remain a Championship club). One thing is for sure, even a gobshite like our Chair isn't going to stick his chin out and say we are looking upwards realistically at the Premier League. 

Nope.

image.jpeg.95a8aded555b85a1d90c461f34847fb0.jpeg

Edited by Old Codger

33 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

One being 37 year old McFadzean, who was part of the bare bones squad that limped over the line in May.  I don't think any fan in their right mind is going to consider that a new signing, it just isn't.  Couple that with the seemingly imminent departures of Szmodics and Gallagher and the squad, with 11 days until the new season is unquestionably weaker. 

It is depressing, you can't deny that. 

Oh he can and he will 😄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

• Backroom

Credit where it’s due it seems Alan Nixon has got some reliable sources again as that Gueye link came from nowhere and broke by him 

I’ve criticised his scattergun approach before but he’s getting a bit right these days 

• Like 6

The strange world of disorganised Venky’s. Nothing for weeks, clearly tap was turned off, then suddenly the last week of July allowing transfers. It is utterly bizarre, I don’t even think it’s Szmodics related, something else is afoot here

• Like 1