BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Happy if Fadz returns, but blimey, we could have signed him a month ago. Had the medical staff get him fit, and off we go. Is this club even remotely functional? Actually, nobody answer that question lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well that’s your opinion , which am sure other share but he really can’t be called lazy. 

Lazy was probably a bad choice of words. Unproductive might have been better.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Lets be honest I doubt many of those that remain are particularly happy at Rovers.

If you are one of our remaining 'senior' players - Gallagher, Travis, Hyam - people who could easily get offers from other Championship clubs - why on earth would you want to hang around this sinking ship?

The only people happy will be the u21s who are going to be thrown into the Championship and given regular game time, good enough or not, simply by virtue of being cheap and already in the building. This will give them an opportunity to prove themselves at Championship level, again good enough or not.

The club have already made their intentions and ambitions for the future quite clear this summer. No intention of getting anywhere, improving, being ambitious. The only intention is to cut costs even further by offloading the few remaining 'big' earners and replacing them with kids, loans and cheap desperate signings.

Imagine being in the prime years of your career and turning up at Brockhall for pre-season, a threadbare squad, no investment, no signings. I'd be on the phone to my agent for a move ASAP, especially if I'd recently had a taste of playing at a professional club and seeing what a difference it makes.

As far as I'm concerned, if relegation from the Championship doesn't get rid of Venkys and Waggot, then I'm done. I hope we can stay up, but should we go down, and Venkys don't sell, then I hope the protests will return, and the fans bring hell to them, like they have never seen before.. They have a few days or until the window closes, to make some serious quality signings, and make some sort of statement that we mean business. All this cheap pussy footing around is making me very angry 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon also say Stoke have an interest in Travis. 

Stoke asking price for Baker is a joke tbh

Ennis played more there then he did here, It was very quickly to see JDT didn't fancy after he started with fitness issues. 

Baker will be one of a number of Centre midfielder list we are looking at. Baker is out of contract in 12 months 

Why is it a joke? Club demands high fee for player they want to keep when unlike us they dont have to sell everything they possibly can.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gav said:

This just goes to show what we've been reduced to as a club.

Our only options are injury prone journeymen and the hope in this case Fleck can get fit.....

Venkys out, nothing else matters.

With all due respect, Fuck Fleck. I can handle Fadz returning, because he just reminds me of our previous tough CBs. However, bringing back Fleck, just shows the level we are at, and where we are once again with Venkys as owners. What exactly is their purpose or end goal here? Sell the club, and move on. I don't care if we get relegated to league 2, but give us a chance with new owners, that might actually give a fuck 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Why is it a joke? Club demands high fee for player they want to keep when unlike us they dont have to sell everything they possibly can.

I was just going to post this.. we must be the only club, where players are under contract, have done well, and sell them for virtually nothing. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Super duper new recruitment team in place and you're talking about re-signing McFadzean and Chrisene, two signings desperate in January and even more so now.

Interesting is one word you could use for the next 32 days. I'd rather use depressing, concerning, anxious, terrifying.

I have no idea apart from John Park as head of recruitment who is part of recruitment now since this summer when it was overhaul. 

Well I let you choose your own word you want to describe has. 

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Credit where it’s due it seems Alan Nixon has got some reliable sources again as that Gueye link came from nowhere and broke by him 

I’ve criticised his scattergun approach before but he’s getting a bit right these days 

Nicko is on the ball and knows what is going on at Rovers for sure. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea apart from John Park as head of recruitment who is part of recruitment now since this summer when it was overhaul. 

Well I let you choose your own word you want to describe has. 

Nicko is on the ball and knows what is going on at Rovers for sure. 

You've mentioned several times various changes and overhaul behind the scenes and how Nixon was spot on with his information.

Seems a bit pointless to me if we are just going back to old targets and players here last season.

Anyone on here could throw free agent McFadzean and easy cheap loan Chrisene forward as options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There was a supercomputer that ran a simulation a few weeks back and from memory it had us going down in 22nd 6 points adrift of safety with Plymouth being the team above us that survived.

This will get Mr Ottershaw on my case if he hasn't already stuck me on ignore but right now 22nd seems quite optimistic.

I think thats how many points we will have in total... 1 win and 3 draws in 46 games 😛

Just now, JHRover said:

You've mentioned several times various changes and overhaul behind the scenes and how Nixon was spot on with his information.

Seems a bit pointless to me if we are just going back to old targets and players here last season.

Anyone on here could throw free agent McFadzean and easy cheap loan Chrisene forward as options.

Both McFadzean and Chrisene were decent enough signings last January and Yes I said I would have both back. 

Park will have loads of lists with targets on its all about prices, total cost involved and do they want to come here

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

No, the timing is key. Listen, I got banned from Nixon’s Twitter many years ago…he’s a bellend.

BUT - Whether you like it or not, in the current market where not much seems to get out, he is the most reliable hack out there for Rovers news. Thats a low bar, I know…but he’s been pretty accurate for over 12 months now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Both McFadzean and Chrisene were decent enough signings last January and Yes I said I would have both back. 

Park will have loads of lists with targets on its all about prices, total cost involved and do they want to come here

Chaddy, would you rather not want to see us progress as club under Venkys for once? Would Venkys not want to give this one big go? 

We have sold Wharton and Raya, spend some of that money on some key quality areas, and let's see where it takes us..at the end of the day, plodding along in the championship, flirting with relegation is something we need to get rid of. 

The club cannot keep taking your money, but refuses to provide you with a product that will justify the spending by fans on STs, Merch, hospitality etc 

It's all good and well to sign players, but what's the point, when they earn a salary, but provide nothing in terms of return on investment..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

No, the timing is key. Listen, I got banned from Nixon’s Twitter many years ago…he’s a bellend.

BUT - Whether you like it or not, in the current market where not much seems to get out, he is the most reliable hack out there for Rovers news. Thats a low bar, I know…but he’s been pretty accurate for over 12 months now.

A both masterful and colourful example of "balanced comment", there! Love it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devon Rover said:

A both masterful and colourful example of "balanced comment", there! Love it.

Absolutely key to balance on here mate or risk getting labelled a ‘Nickoteen’, ‘Venky apologist’ or Chaddy’s lovechild.

*Which, for the record, as much as I love Chaddy and his positivity, I am not. 🙏🏽🤣

Zaragoza fans have been pretty ruthless about Gueye on X.

23 games, 0 goals for Zaragoza.

Signed for RWD Molenbeek the following season and scored 11 goals in 35 games.

6’5 so he’s a target man and will probably negate the Gally outgoing.

23 minutes ago, FE123 said:

The strange world of disorganised Venky’s. Nothing for weeks, clearly tap was turned off, then suddenly the last week of July allowing transfers. It is utterly bizarre, I don’t even think it’s Szmodics related, something else is afoot here

If you look back over all the summers under their ownership there have been similar patterns.

We are rarely proactive or quick in our business, it is usually later on. In the past we have done nothing until they have held their annual summit meeting in India at which they sanction an annual budget. Then the manager goes on holiday and things click into gear once pre-season is up and running. It is the Venky way. Of course just one of many, many reasons why they need to leave the club because we will never be organised and settled heading into a pre-season under them. They won't allow it because they aren't quick or decisive enough and this puts us on the back foot straight away.

I agree that there has been a clear marked change in the last week or so where prior to that there was radio silence and now links and deals of all sorts of shapes and sizes being mentioned.

But fundamentally I suspect this is largely contingent upon getting shut of Szmodics. Once they've banked another £10 million there then even Venkys will have had their fill for the time being and will have no reason not to allow at least a portion of that back to the manager.

The feeling at present is that the deals closest to completion are McFadzean, the Japanese lad and the young French lad. 3 very low cost and simple deals which should be more than manageable with some of the Raya funds.

My belief is that nothing of any description could happen until India authorised an annual budget. They've finally done that which will allow some minimal funds from the vast amounts banked already into the squad.

We might sign 3,4,5 in the next week or so but suspect it will be insignificant in the scheme of things.

So far then:

Out:

Chrisene

Fadz

Ayari

Wahlstedt

Telalovic 

Szmodics

Gallagher

Koumetio

Moran

That's 9 players who have left since last season (assuming both Szmodics and Gallagher leave)

In

Ohashi (Szmodics replacement?)

Gueye (Gallagher replacement)

Fadz (Fadz replacement)

Travis (not a new signing obviously, but back from loan)

So we are still a good 5 players short of just hitting similar squad numbers to last season, which weren't enough.

• Like 4