BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So far then:

Out:

Chrisene

Fadz

Ayari

Wahlstedt

Telalovic 

Szmodics

Gallagher

Koumetio

Moran

That's 9 players who have left since last season (assuming both Szmodics and Gallagher leave)

In

Ohashi (Szmodics replacement?)

Gueye (Gallagher replacement)

Fadz (Fadz replacement)

Travis (not a new signing obviously, but back from loan)

So we are still a good 5 players short of just hitting similar squad numbers to last season, which weren't enough.

I presume the next set of bodies will be frees and cheap loans.

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

So far then:

Out:

Chrisene

Fadz

Ayari

Wahlstedt

Telalovic 

Szmodics

Gallagher

Koumetio

Moran

That's 9 players who have left since last season (assuming both Szmodics and Gallagher leave)

In

Ohashi (Szmodics replacement?)

Gueye (Gallagher replacement)

Fadz (Fadz replacement)

Travis (not a new signing obviously, but back from loan)

So we are still a good 5 players short of just hitting similar squad numbers to last season, which weren't enough.

We have to add Gent and Vale to that, and Fleck (he played more than Koumetio in the league) to the outgoings, purely in terms of numbers,

Edited by KentExile

33 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Chaddy, would you rather not want to see us progress as club under Venkys for once? Would Venkys not want to give this one big go? 

We have sold Wharton and Raya, spend some of that money on some key quality areas, and let's see where it takes us..at the end of the day, plodding along in the championship, flirting with relegation is something we need to get rid of. 

The club cannot keep taking your money, but refuses to provide you with a product that will justify the spending by fans on STs, Merch, hospitality etc 

It's all good and well to sign players, but what's the point, when they earn a salary, but provide nothing in terms of return on investment..

Of course, but Venkys are Venkys. 

I want to see us spend some money on quality signings and hopefully we see that in the coming weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Big striker coming in who's apparently good in the air. Time to find another Conway, any suggestions 

Yes he looks good in the air but also his movement looks good. Looking forward to see him in a Rovers shirt. Just pleased we moving and making signings with 3 medicals. 

Would Dembele not fit that mould if we were to sign him with Dolan playing in the 10 role

• Downvote 1

Gallagher, a top earner out, Gueye in on probably half of his salary.

If indeed we are signing these 3 today, another centre back, a goalkeeper and a winger away from a decent squad. Would also need a replacement for Szmodics when he leaves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

Came here to say this 😂 Can only head the ball at his own front post, but useful at that.

Hopefully the proposed new lad doesn't shrink to 5ft whenever a ball is played up to him.

Seems to have a leap on him, Chaddy posted a link to his goals from last season not long ago

• Like 2

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Of course, but Venkys are Venkys. 

I want to see us spend some money on quality signings and hopefully we see that in the coming weeks. 

Yes he looks good in the air but also his movement looks good. Looking forward to see him in a Rovers shirt. Just pleased we moving and making signings with 3 medicals. 

Would Dembele not fit that mould if we were to sign him with Dolan playing in the 10 role

Dembele more an inside forward than a winger who will cross it in

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KentExile said:

We have to add Gent and Vale to that, and Fleck (he played more than Koumetio in the league) to the outgoings, purely in terms of numbers,

Forgot about Vale and Gent tbf but I discounted Fleck as he only played 15mins. Kept Koumetio because he was at least making the bench, so taking a place in the match day squad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Gallagher, a top earner out, Gueye in on probably half of his salary.

If indeed we are signing these 3 today, another centre back, a goalkeeper and a winger away from a decent squad. Would also need a replacement for Szmodics when he leaves.

That's a big question for me, who can we get to replace Szmodics in terms of position, pressing the ball like he does and score goals from the 10 position if we are going to play 4-2-3-1 

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Seems to have a leap on him, Chaddy posted a link to his goals from last season not long ago

Deffo. But his movement is also good and he wants to be the box. 

• Downvote 1

Glad to see we're getting active in the window, to a degree.

Not sure how good (or bad) this Gueye is, read some mixed reviews... however i'll only judge a player after i've seen them play a few games in Blue and White halves.

Like Sam Gallagher for example; A bloke who i've seen him play many many times, and I can safely say that he is absolutely, incredibly gash. Finally, he looks to be on his way out - good riddance!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Zaragoza fans seem to consider him to be the worst player in their history which is a worry.

Seems like his best attribute is getting on the end of crosses. Shame our players cant cross.

Cardiff said the same about Gestede. Up stepped Conway. Brilliant chemistry between the both

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's a big question for me, who can we get to replace Szmodics in terms of position, pressing the ball like he does and score goals from the 10 position if we are going to play 4-2-3-1 

Deffo. But his movement is also good and he wants to be the box. 

Can see Ohashi in the 10 spot, 

Gueyes technique does worry me from that video, but he does look to have good movement and is certainly a physical presence, so as long as he is used correctly, he will hopefully be a good signing

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we can get dembele in now then we will be finally getting somewhere. 

He isnt a winger that can cross. He would give us needed speed but comes inside, end product to be kind is hit and miss and he doesnt work hard.

• Like 3