BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If we can get dembele in now then we will be finally getting somewhere. 

We can't predict how these players will perform but this squad definitely needed freshening up

3 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

"Siggy could well be our Szmodics / BBD this season" is a line I've seen/heard a couple of times.

Tough to score 20+ from the treatment table!

I keep seeing this beyond the boundaries of this board and i find it hard to fathom if it's coming from fans who've watched him regularly.

A luxury player if ever there was one he really has a lot of work to do if he is to do half of what those 2 did in their best spells.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Zaragoza fans seem to consider him to be the worst player in their history which is a worry.

Seems like his best attribute is getting on the end of crosses. Shame our players cant cross.

When was the player you were in favour of signing? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

When was the player you were in favour of signing? 

I cant tell exactly what your question is because of the wording.

Is it, when was the last time you were in favour (ie excited) of a signing we made?

• Like 1

I know videos can be deceiving, but I’m willing to say right now that Gueye is better than Gallagher.

His touch, weight of pass, strength and pace will be an asset. There’s absolutely no way you could edit a video from the last 5yrs to make Gallagher trap a ball, see and pass like that.

Who broke the Gueye story again? 👀🤣

#we💙nicko 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it, when was the last time you were in favour (ie excited) of a signing we made?

Yes, Its a simple question, lets see if you actually answer? 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Downvote 2

£1.5m is good business for Gallagher coming towards the end of his contract.

Rumours he’s on £15k a week and I don’t feel his performances have justified being our highest earner.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

The Motherwell fans were impressed with Gents crossing from what I saw

A bit erratic, but he is not afraid of whipping crosses in, can see it working with a big target to aim at

Edited by KentExile

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He isnt a winger that can cross. He would give us needed speed but comes inside, end product to be kind is hit and miss and he doesnt work hard.

The latter part is something which can be worked on…Eustace looks a good man manager so I’ve no issues that can be resolved.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

The latter part is something which can be worked on…Eustace looks a good man manager so I’ve no issues that can be resolved.

when we had Brereton playing wide left, we wouldn't have asked him to change his game to play as an out and out winger as it would not have suited his game.

Same argument here

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes, Its a simple question, lets see if you actually answer? 

I was just clarifying your question as the wording was a bit confusing.

I dont really have much of a strong opinion of either Ohashi or Gueye, similar to the likes of Tronstad, Sigurdsson, Telalovic etc. Im just trying to gather an opinion based on what I see. Im neither for or against them at this stage.

McFadzean ive always been transparent that I dont want him back. Of the players linked, Hill I would welcome back, only slight grievance is that he isnt left footed but a good player. Baker would be a decent addition if we could. Dembele is very hit and miss. Ruddy again very much a no.

On the flip side, when was the last time we signed a player that you wasnt particularly happy with? Are you happy with Gueye and Ohashi or neutral similar to me?

Szmodics leaving is the main story at the moment, probably irreplacable.

• Like 1

Just need to get Dolan out now, if Sammie is gone for 10M, Gally 1.5m, just missing Dolan. Bring in a few more permanent bodies and loans. Would love Chrisene and Hill back on loan. Hopefully Arnor can extend I think he can become a good player for us. Seems like Eustace wants the similar set up he had at Birmingham with Lukas up top there. 

Kyle not ideal him coming in so late, if it is means he reduced his wage and settled for something cheaper I am all for it though. 

Gallagher is great at defending the front post on corners, he's also good at carrying the ball with strength from deep to relieve a bit of pressure from time to time. He also does seem to occupy defenders with his presence but we are starting to clutch at straws there. On the whole he's relatively useless and overpaid.

There’s no doubt that Gueye and Ohashi are gambles. Both have been indifferent at times in their careers but to sign two players in their prime after they have both just had good seasons is promising. These players are certainly a step up from the level of Telalovic and more closer to playing level and experience of Trondstadt.

Hopefully at least one of them can come in and hit the ground running.

In terms of a Szmodics replacement, Our recruitment team *should* have players identified at all prices as they will for all positions in case we were to lose a player. I expect again it will either be a player from abroad or a younger player making a step up that will come in for a relatively low fee and scope to improve.

I presume the Gueye transfer is in response to Gally leaving and wages being freed up from that.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Why aren't Stoke spending some of that £1.5 million on Gueye if he's so much better than Gallagher?

Impossible to say, but they likely haven't scouted him or aren't aware of him. We got Tronstad for a snip and could have easily said 'why didn't X team sign him?' - thankfully they didn't!

He might be better, might be worse, but it's probably worth a gamble as Gally has shown he isn't going to be the number 9 we all want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

The strange world of disorganised Venky’s. Nothing for weeks, clearly tap was turned off, then suddenly the last week of July allowing transfers. It is utterly bizarre, I don’t even think it’s Szmodics related, something else is afoot here

i'm believing we gonna be sold...so higher we are in table better value for sale....

then i suddenly woke up to sound of my alarm

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why aren't Stoke spending some of that £1.5 million on Gueye if he's so much better than Gallagher?

Just a guess, but if they did want Gueye they would need to shift a few of their foreign signings.

They have 7 forwards from outside the UK, so at least four of them will make up the allotted ESC spots.

Gally is classed as home-grown so wouldn’t need to pass any ESC checks.

Gueye would fit into the ESC category, so Rovers can bring him in with a spot left over for Yuki?

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I don’t think anyone could argue at this point that he will be much better than Gallagher. There’s a reason Gally is wanted by clubs up and down the championship. 
I do think it’s a decision the club had to make though, not sure he offer’s enough to be a top earner on a new contract and we were clearly risking losing him for 0 next summer if we didn’t move him on and bring someone else in. It could be a shrewd decision but we could easily be missing Gallagher after a few months. He’s had years of opportunities to prove himself and has been unable to do so.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Sounds like we need some wingers who can cross now then.

We'll also surely need a backup for this guy?

If SG and SS are going, we still need a GK, CB, Winger x2 and a striker minimum for me.

Thats 5 more signings after McFadz, Yuki, Gueye and the u23 French guy. 😅

• Like 1