BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Sounds like we need some wingers who can cross now then.

We'll also surely need a backup for this guy?

How tall is the 19 year old French lad?

Edit, 5 ft 9, he is not our guy

Edited by KentExile

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course, but Venkys are Venkys. 

I want to see us spend some money on quality signings and hopefully we see that in the coming weeks. 

Yes he looks good in the air but also his movement looks good. Looking forward to see him in a Rovers shirt. Just pleased we moving and making signings with 3 medicals. 

Would Dembele not fit that mould if we were to sign him with Dolan playing in the 10 role

Would love Liam Millar to attack opposition defences and cross for new huge striker. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If SG and SS are going, we still need a GK, CB, Winger x2 and a striker minimum for me.

Thats 5 more signings after McFadz, Yuki, Gueye and the u23 French guy. 😅

Yep, agreed on all of those tbf

• Like 1

If we shift Gally in the last year of his contract, for a physical striker with a middling record in Europe for similar or better wages then that is only good news.  

As previous, Carlos Villaneueva was a YouTube world beater so I can't comment on that.  But let's hope Gueye is a bit nastier than Gally and can play a full season to boot.  

As others have said, need someone who can cross a ball (Gent lwb and Sorba Thomas rwb?) 

Let the Japanese lad or Leonard/Gilsenan (once fit) play off him

15 minutes ago, FE123 said:

There’s no doubt that Gueye and Ohashi are gambles. Both have been indifferent at times in their careers but to sign two players in their prime after they have both just had good seasons is promising. These players are certainly a step up from the level of Telalovic and more closer to playing level and experience of Trondstadt.

Hopefully at least one of them can come in and hit the ground running.

In terms of a Szmodics replacement, Our recruitment team *should* have players identified at all prices as they will for all positions in case we were to lose a player. I expect again it will either be a player from abroad or a younger player making a step up that will come in for a relatively low fee and scope to improve.

I presume the Gueye transfer is in response to Gally leaving and wages being freed up from that.

The Ohashi signing, is more than just for the football pitch 

I think thats a bit of an outdated/misguided assumption.

There are loads of Japanese players playing abroad. The one we are signing hasnt come close to a international call up. There isnt going to be a subsequent flurry of off the field benefits.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Wouldn't be against Sorba Thomas back here... In fact, he would be perfect for those balls into Gueye 

Depends on how JE wants us to play. Didn't fit well under JDT's system, and we haven't really seen much of what Eustace has to offer yet as it was all safety first in most his games in charge last season.

Jury's out on Gueye. I think him signing proves how difficult it is to sign strikers these days. If he can grab 10 goals then excluding penalties then we should probably not complain. 

I would replace Travis too with a more box to box midfielder. No suggestions but think he's too negative in how he plays and usually gets heavy-legged after a run of matches. Tronstad way ahead of him in his best position too, so don't see a place for him in the starting eleven. 

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Priority has to be pace out wide now. Personally I'd be looking strongly Karamoko Dembele as he'd be perfect. Absolutely destroyed league 1 last season. Report here saying he's available.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ex-blackpool-loanee-pictured-in-pre-season-action-amid-transfer-battle-4713137

He isn't a winger.  Played his best football last season as an attacking central midfielder/10

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/karamoko-dembele/leistungsdaten/spieler/466602/plus/0?saison=2023

Edited by KentExile

Just now, ABRAM ROVER said:

Hasn't he got to France 

Yeh just seen that, but that would be the type of player we need, to get balls into Gueye 

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Depends on how JE wants us to play. Didn't fit well under JDT's system, and we haven't really seen much of what Eustace has to offer yet as it was all safety first in most his games in charge last season.

Jury's out on Gueye. I think him signing proves how difficult it is to sign strikers these days. If he can grab 10 goals then excluding penalties then we should probably not complain. 

I would replace Travis too with a more box to box midfielder. No suggestions but think he's too negative in how he plays and usually gets heavy-legged after a run of matches. Tronstad way ahead of him in his best position too, so don't see a place for him in the starting eleven. 

It all depends on what happens to Sammie. If by some miracle Sammie stays, you can see Ohashi move to the wing, with Sammie tucked in behind Gueye.. Dolan would probably then run that left wing, if he is still here as well..

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

It all depends on what happens to Sammie. If by some miracle Sammie stays, you can see Ohashi move to the wing, with Sammie tucked in behind Gueye.. Dolan would probably then run that left wing, if he is still here as well..

I tend to think that the only reason Gueye is coming is that Sammie is going sadly

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Even when fully fit I wouldn't want him in the team. He's doesn't like the physicality of the English game, the heart the size of a pea and not particularly talented either hiding out on the left wing offering very little attacking threat. 

Cue someone saying he scored a few goals last season. My is contention is that's as good as it gets with him

Really, the prospective starting XI next week is so weak it would struggle to say in League One never mind the Championship

That’s what Glen Keeley said to me about Andy Kennedy, ‘heart the size of a pea’ 😂

1 hour ago, Polky said:

Zaragoza fans have been pretty ruthless about Gueye on X.

23 games, 0 goals for Zaragoza.

Signed for RWD Molenbeek the following season and scored 11 goals in 35 games.

6’5 so he’s a target man and will probably negate the Gally outgoing.

Mbappe has 0 goals in Spain as well 

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I tend to think that the only reason Gueye is coming is that Sammie is going sadly

The only way Szmodics stays at this point is if he fails his medical or Rovers are bought later today by Elon Musk

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Yes sadly thats inevitable Cambridge, I'm glad we had a couple of seasons out of the lad, a bright spark in 14yrs of mostly shite under these owners. 

• Like 1