BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

14 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He isn't a winger.  Played his best football last season as an attacking central midfielder/10

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/karamoko-dembele/leistungsdaten/spieler/466602/plus/0?saison=2023

Fair play, looks more like an attacking midfielder... Surely given his pace would be able to play a variety of positions including higher up next to the big lad and out wide aswell as 10. 

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I tend to think that the only reason Gueye is coming is that Sammie is going sadly

Im hoping that Siggy is that guy this season in midfield. He has had a season in the championship now, he should now be better than last season. 

You can then either move Ohashi alongside or behind Gueye, or move Ohashi to the right wing. However, if Sammie does go, this squad is thread bare as it stands, we will definitely need to bring more players in 

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Im hoping that Siggy is that guy this season in midfield. He has had a season in the championship now, he should now be better than last season. 

You can then either move Ohashi alongside or behind Gueye, or move Ohashi to the right wing. However, if Sammie does go, this squad is thread bare as it stands, we will definitely need to bring more players in 

I think Siggy has some ability but not very quick and always seems to be injured. Having said that, he will need to do something this year or his reputation will be tarnished and will restrict his options when leaving at contract end.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On the flip side, when was the last time we signed a player that you wasnt particularly happy with?

I don't form an opinion straight away whether he or not will be good signing before the played anymore. In the past go OTT with too much praise and expecting them to best thing since sliced bread. 

Using Hindsight, what they did here was Ennis and Wahlstedt who I thought be very good here, both wasn't. 

The last player signing in the last 2 years I  was really excited about signing was Callum Brittain who I raved about months before hand

Are you happy with Gueye and Ohashi or neutral similar to me?

I know very little about them tbh and deffo don't based my opinion on other fans opinion. Will totally judge them in a Rovers shirt 

Szmodics leaving is the main story at the moment, probably irreplacable.

So far he has left and was at training today. No fee so far agree

• Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Polky said:

Just a guess, but if they did want Gueye they would need to shift a few of their foreign signings.

They have 7 forwards from outside the UK, so at least four of them will make up the allotted ESC spots.

Gally is classed as home-grown so wouldn’t need to pass any ESC checks.

Gueye would fit into the ESC category, so Rovers can bring him in with a spot left over for Yuki?

We currently have no players under ESC rules I think. 

50 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Would love Liam Millar to attack opposition defences and cross for new huge striker. 

Would be ideal

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't form an opinion straight away whether he or not will be good signing before the played anymore. In the past go OTT with too much praise and expecting them to best thing since sliced bread. 

Using Hindsight, what they did here was Ennis and Wahlstedt who I thought be very good here, both wasn't. 

The last player signing in the last 2 years I  was really excited about signing was Callum Brittain who I raved about months before hand

I know very little about them tbh and deffo don't based my opinion on other fans opinion. Will totally judge them in a Rovers shirt 

So you havent been excited about a player we have signed before he has kicked a ball for us for 2 years, yet you are picking me up on it.

We all judge players on how they play for us, doesnt mean we cant have an opinion beforehand. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

Gallagher, a top earner out, Gueye in on probably half of his salary.

If indeed we are signing these 3 today, another centre back, a goalkeeper and a winger away from a decent squad. Would also need a replacement for Szmodics when he leaves.

The Szmodics funds are being spent to buy these players. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Makhtar Gueye is an African, he will be fine in the championship. He is from Senegal, they are super tough over there..

8 yellow cards last season suggests he gets stuck in.....

For comparison Sam Gallagher got 1, I think.....

• Like 2

I'm annoyed at the fact that Derby seem to be close to signing Jacob Widell-Zetterström from my Swedish team Djurgården. One of the best keepers in the league for a few years now. Still only 26 years old. 6'6 with brilliant reflexes and has added the areal domination aspect this year. He has developed into a great keeper, who should be competing for the first place in the national squad if JDT starts using his brain. 

Anyway, he will probably cost 2-3 millions, so that rules us out I guess...

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

8 yellow cards last season suggests he gets stuck in.....

For comparison Sam Gallagher got 1, I think.....

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

An attacking version of The Axe ?

That'll do for me.

Remember El Hadji Diouf? Senegalese.. Gueye will be fine, they are tough characters. :lol:

• Like 1

Eustace likes a compact team, he’ll pick 2 holding midfielders and at times 3 at the back . Going forward he’s previously played a target man and wingers with pace (Dembele, Mitoma, Khadra). It will be undeniably different to JDT, less possession, more direct. But worse on the eye? I love watching good counter attacking teams who try and get balls into the box.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

It all depends on what happens to Sammie. If by some miracle Sammie stays, you can see Ohashi move to the wing, with Sammie tucked in behind Gueye.. Dolan would probably then run that left wing, if he is still here as well..

Siriki Dembele also linked 

Gueye looks like a pretty like for like replacement for gallagher, hopefully he'll have a touch more quality and end product to him though. 

Just read Burnley where in discussions for him last year but chose against signing him, not sure if that's a hood sign or a bad sign😅 (although Burnley may have been in the prem at that point and i doubt gueye is that leve) 

As for Ohashi being Sczmodics replacement! I think that's pretty offensive to Sammie to be honest, no chance in hell Yuki will even be close to offering what He did in terms of goals, determination and work rate

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

46 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Remember Andy Todd? Remember Ben Brereton-Diaz?

Both English - one could start a fight in a phone booth, one couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. 

I mean I'm 90% sure that Brereton Diaz is a golden retriever in heavy disguise

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

El Hadji-Diouf was soft as shite, gave it the big un but never put in a tackle unless it was a late half hearted one. Plastic hard man

and a first class shithouse.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ABRAM ROVER said:

Siriki Dembele also linked 

It's Karamoko Dembele. EDIT: Apologies, apparently it actually is Siriki that's linked.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace's post match comments said that both Sams were 'in talks with other clubs'. That's something that shouldn't really be happening until a fee has been agreed. But he can train whilst his agent conducts talks.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

So you havent been excited about a player we have signed before he has kicked a ball for us for 2 years, yet you are picking me up on it.

I refer you to my first paragraph I posted to you. Think it's fairly clearly to be honest

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We all judge players on how they play for us, doesnt mean we cant have an opinion beforehand. 

Most of these signings this summer I suspect we won't know alot of these signings

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

we arn't linked with Karamoko, its his brother Sirki

Oh ok, I'd only seen people on here talking about Karamoko lately. A bit of googling shows me you're right. Don't think that'd be a bad signing at the right price.