BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

21 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

El Hadji-Diouf was soft as shite, gave it the big un but never put in a tackle unless it was a late half hearted one. Plastic hard man

Main job here was to win free kicks under instruction from Allardyce to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Oh ok, I'd only seen people on here talking about Karamoko lately. A bit of googling shows me you're right. Don't think that'd be a bad signing at the right price.

We were linked, apparently, with Karamoko last season but yeah its confusing as we've been linked with both over the years. Both quick, direct and exactly what we need - Siriki probably being the better of the both, albeit alot older.

Karamoko can play on the flanks, as he did for blackpool so not sure why we arn't putting any feelers in, Bolton are bidding for him so surely can't be that much.

Personally think this Geuye is the first and last person we spend money on this window, our wingers will be loans.

People may not like it but the ideal winger to put crosses in, based on stats over the years, is Sorba Thomas...He's available but maybe out of our price range now we've already spent.

I personally would take Thomas back.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

People may not like it but the ideal winger to put crosses in, based on stats over the years, is Sorba Thomas...He's available but maybe out of our price range now we've already spent.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/huddersfields-sorba-thomas-undergoing-medical-ahead-of-nantes-loan/

He is off to France

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I thought he was absolutely terrible when he was here on loan. Looked like he simply couldn't be bothered.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, booth said:

Unless I've missed something, Geuye looks like the next level of awful.

He's scored 31 goals in 91 games in the Belgium top division so to be honest is actually got a better record than I was expecting.... Also his current club paid EUR 3mill for him a year ago apparently.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/makhtar-gueye/profil/spieler/606849

Don’t think we’ll sign Dembele from Birmingham, he’ll be on decent money from his initial move to Bournemouth, then again getting signed for a decent fee at Birmingham, doubtful we would want to pay him at the level he’s earning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I thought he was absolutely terrible when he was here on loan. Looked like he simply couldn't be bothered.

Absolutely terrible is harsh...He was okay for us, some good games then anonymous others, abit like most players really...He's better than our current 'wingers' so what does that tell you.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Appalling attitude by all accounts. 

Eustace is big on everyone being positive and pulling their weight.

One to avoid is Thomas

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Don’t think we’ll sign Dembele from Birmingham, he’ll be on decent money from his initial move to Bournemouth, then again getting signed for a decent fee at Birmingham, doubtful we would want to pay him at the level he’s earning.

His wage would have been roughly halved following relegation last season

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

One to avoid is Thomas

Dembele was dropped from the squad towards the end of Birmingham's season so that perhaps suggests that he doesnt have the best attitude either considering you can name 9 subs.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

One to avoid is Thomas

Yes, i was thinking that, was the main reason he was loaned to us wasn't it - Fell out with Hudds manager. He also comes across quite arrogant so all in all, you're probably right.

4 hours ago, KentExile said:

Why are Southampton there? 

I do not rate Russell Martin at all, but he would be going some to get relegated from the Championship this season

Ha good point! Guess Oddschecker have a bug... looks like Rovers are 4th favorites for the drop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ha good point! Guess Oddschecker have a bug... looks like Rovers are 4th favorites for the drop.

Coral have us as joint favourites for the third relegation spot along with Cardiff and North End.

I am pleased as a general rule that we at least seemingly will have 2 forwards not as stop gaps but on decent sized contracts. Signing players from abroad naturally is more exciting and is perhaps a wise ploy when the likes of Lyndon Dykes and Sam Gallagher go for similar amounts at this level.

That being said, once Szmodics goes there will be huge pressure on these 2 strikers to score goals with decent regularity between them straight away. If neither adapts then our ticket to League 1 awaits.

There are question marks over the pair of them. Im guessing we are buying Gueye as our first choice, his goal record in the 3 of the last 4 seasons in the Belgian league is roughly and consistently 1 in 3. Not bad, not amazing and someone else mentioned penalties, good that he can take one but equally his goals per game without them becomes decidedly average. How does the Belgian league compare to the Championship? And he also had a spell in the second Spanish division where he left a lasting impression after scoring 0 goals. He seems a target man, Eustace plays long ball but do we have the crossers to get him into heading positions? Not convinced we do.

Ohashi comes with only positive comments on social media from fans in Japan but the big question mark is the standard. Eustace's comments make me thing that he sees him not as his main striker.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

and a first class shithouse.

Yep, he was brilliant at winding people up but similar to Savage in my opinion was soft as shite. Both ran from a 50/50 and most of their tackles were them trying to get out the way and or clipping people late. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

stion marks over the pair of them. Im guessing we are buying Gueye as our first choice, his goal record in the 3 of the last 4 seasons in the Belgian league is roughly and consistently 1 in 3. Not bad, not amazing and someone else mentioned penalties, good that he can take one but equally his goals per game without them becomes decidedly average. How does the Belgian league compare to the Championship? And he also had a spell in the second Spanish division where he left a lasting impression after scoring 0 goals. He seems a target man, Eustace plays long ball but do we have the crossers to get him into heading positions? Not convinced we do.

The Dingles signed a lot of players form the Belgian league last time they were in the Championship and they adjusted quickly and were definitely the required quality

Zaroury, Benson, Foster off the top of my head

Edit, also Cullen, Viniho & Delcroix.  So essentially half a team full of players from Belgium

Edited by KentExile

40 minutes ago, booth said:

Unless I've missed something, Geuye looks like the next level of awful.

We've been used to Gally and Semir,  and face the prospect of Vale up top next seaspn.

I will hazard a strong guess he'll be better than all 3 of those. 

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

So I reckon Gueye is straight swap for Gallagher and Ohashi for Sam Szmodics. So good we have found replacements but we are ultimately standing still at best.

We still need 1 x CF, 1 x AM, 1x winger, 1 x CM, 1 x CB, 1 x GK....

Thats before anyone else leaving - Easily see another 2/3 being shipped out.

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Could see a 5-4-1 against derby. Brittain and Pickering wing backs. Both able to put decent crosses in. 3 in the middle with a 10 behind the big man 

Pickering at left centre back if/when Eustace goes for a back 5, and Gent or a loanee at wing back.

Personally do not see a back 5 being employed at home to Derby

• Like 1