BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Wouldn't mind this deal at all. 1year contract with an option

Alongside Gueye, Ohashi and an out and out winger with pace,  I would be fairly happy (in terms of forwards brought in).  Which I did not think I would be saying a week ago.

Obviously all gambles, but we are where we are

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

So I reckon Gueye is straight swap for Gallagher and Ohashi for Sam Szmodics. So good we have found replacements but we are ultimately standing still at best.

We still need 1 x CF, 1 x AM, 1x winger, 1 x CM, 1 x CB, 1 x GK....

Yuki is seen as a straight swap for Telalovic by Eustace, as reported by Jackson on his latest podcast. 

Eustace admitted the other day that he hadn’t seen much of Yuki. Eustace also said he appears to be a No9

Yuki is obviously a gamble for a small fee they are hoping pays off. Maybe he will be the SS replacement in the end but it doesn’t seem to be how Eustace sees it.

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Yuki is seen as a straight swap for Telalovic by Eustace, as reported by Jackson on his latest podcast. 

Eustace admitted the other day that he hadn’t seen much of Yuki. Eustace also said he appears to be a No9

Yuki is obviously a gamble for a small fee they are hoping pays off. Maybe he will be the SS replacement in the end but it doesn’t seem to be how Eustace sees it.

I suppose it depends on if Eustace sees Szmodics as a 9 or 10?  Given how he has set up since arriving in February, arguments could be made either way. 

It may also be a case of Eustace being slightly economical with the truth as he is not wanting to put too much pressure on Ohasi having to replace our main man

Edited by KentExile

16 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I realise this is a highlight reel so by definition it's only showing the goals/good attempts but it's good to see he attacks the ball in the 6 yard box 

• Like 1

Just now, KentExile said:

I suppose it depends on if Eustace sees Szmodics as a 9 or 10?

Given how he has set up, arguments could be made either way.  It may also be a case of Eustace being slightly economical with the truth as he is not wanting to put too much pressure on Ohasi having to replace our main man

I’m just going off what he said, which is that he is Telalovic replacement

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Alongside Gueye, Ohashi and an out and out winger with pace,  I would be fairly happy (in terms of forwards brought in).  Which I did not think I would be saying a week ago.

Obviously all gambles, but we are where we are

Only issue is we will have loads of No.10's.

Markanday, Sigurdsson, Ohashi, Weimann.

No point in having 4 and then you can chuck Gilsenan in there as well.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Did Weimann not once do well as a wingback one year?  Probably doesn't have the legs for it anymore 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Weimann more of a versatile forward for me than a number 10, Gilsenan more of a wide forward (when fit).  Sigurdssons fitness continues to be an issue, then we are down to 2

• Like 1

Weimann is not the player he once was and he is reliant on energy which may well be fading as time catches up on him but he is a useful player to have in the squad because he can pop up with a goal.

I dont see why we are pissing around with trials so late in pre season. Just give him a years contract.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Weimann is not the player he once was and he is reliant on energy which may well be fading as time catches up on him but he is a useful player to have in the squad because he can pop up with a goal.

I dont see why we are pissing around with trials so late in pre season. Just give him a years contract.

Be another player that doesn't score against us next season 

7 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

What if the choice was between him and fleck?

My issue is not with Wiemann as a signing (as versatile back up), but Wiemann at wing back,

Fleck is a no, no matter where he would play  

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Weimann more of a versatile forward for me than a number 10, Gilsenan more of a wide forward (when fit).  Sigurdssons fitness continues to be an issue, then we are down to 2

Will we play with wide forwards? Always sounded like JE wanted wingers?

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Will we play with wide forwards? Always sounded like JE wanted wingers?

Useful to have a Plan B

Edit - Under Venkys we often have not even have a Plan A, so it is very novel to have an option 😉 

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

If the deals get done we could potentially have Gueye, Vale, Tyjon, Ohashi, Markanday, Dolan, weimann, Arnor For 9 and 10 roles. Another no9 is needed. Can see 1-2 of these names moving on 

Edited by Rover8T4

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tbf he has been playing as a wing back(?) I'm pretty sure the last few years? Much better as a winger/striker.

Found it odd he hasn't been selected to play up top of on the wing