BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Be another player that doesn't score against us next season 

It's interesting you say that as he's apparently obviously scored against us.

I'm clearly a snob - when we were in the PL I could name every other squad in the league. Down here, the standard is so shit that I couldn't tell you the squad of the team we played the previous week at Ewood - and I watched them for 90 minutes.

It's been 14 absolutely forgettable years under this mob.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Been told some info about Cooper... Apparently Waggot has completely fucked him around. Offered a baseline of about 12k initially with appearance bonus of an extra few thousand, was app agreed and then went back on his word saying that he's injury prone. To which his agent told him... Ok, give us a baseline 8k with 8k appearance bonus and called his bluff and then completely shit out of the deal saying it was too much. To which now has led to more budget options like Fadz and Batth. 

Cannot comprehend what an absolute fucking wanker this bloke is. One of the worst in football. Absolutely suited to our owners. 

thats what he does,he needs hounding out,any method

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

Been told some info about Cooper... Apparently Waggot has completely fucked him around. Offered a baseline of about 12k initially with appearance bonus of an extra few thousand, was app agreed and then went back on his word saying that he's injury prone. To which his agent told him... Ok, give us a baseline 8k with 8k appearance bonus and called his bluff and then completely shit out of the deal saying it was too much. To which now has led to more budget options like Fadz and Batth. 

Cannot comprehend what an absolute fucking wanker this bloke is. One of the worst in football. Absolutely suited to our owners. 

That ties in with what Jackson has been saying about the deal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We were linked, apparently, with Karamoko last season but yeah its confusing as we've been linked with both over the years. Both quick, direct and exactly what we need - Siriki probably being the better of the both, albeit alot older.

Karamoko can play on the flanks, as he did for blackpool so not sure why we arn't putting any feelers in, Bolton are bidding for him so surely can't be that much.

Personally think this Geuye is the first and last person we spend money on this window, our wingers will be loans.

Aye I remember we wanted Siriki Dembele as the replacement for Rothwell when Bournemouth offered us about 4 mill for him. Then Siriki went to Bournemouth instead when we refused to sell, plus we lost Rothwell to them for nowt 6 months later after he went missing for the remainder of his time here. More stellar business.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

This will be similar to the McFadzean deal, I’m sure of it.

Agreed a deal more than a month ago and is only just going through. I bet Waggott went back on the deal and offered reduced terms.

McFadzean is closer to the end of his career and turned down other clubs for Rovers.

McFadzean doesn’t really have any other options so will have agreed a reduced deal IMO.

• Like 3

This has turned around quite nicely. Suddenly quite like the look of what we're trying to do. Sammie was always going to go so I'm not too gutted about that. In fact, I'm pleased he's got his chance at the prem after the miracles he performed for us last season.

Weimann on a free would be a smart signing. Still plenty to offer. Gally sold for £1.5m would be a stroke of genius. Dreadful player. 

We definitely need to sign some tricky wingers. Dembele would certainly fit the bill on that one. I rate him very highly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

This has turned around quite nicely. Suddenly quite like the look of what we're trying to do. Sammie was always going to go so I'm not too gutted about that. In fact, I'm pleased he's got his chance at the prem after the miracles he performed for us last season.

Weimann on a free would be a smart signing. Still plenty to offer. Gally sold for £1.5m would be a stroke of genius. Dreadful player. 

We definitely need to sign some tricky wingers. Dembele would certainly fit the bill on that one. I rate him very highly.

I’m happy with the targets/signings but we 100% need more than what’s already been mentioned…Let’s remember there’s going to be a few more going the other way.

• Like 2

• Backroom
50 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

This all reminds me of the 80s when we used to pick up the likes of Duxbury and Moran on freebies at the end of their careers.

Its making me quite nostalgic 🥲

Hopefully more like that and less like Murphy, Etuhu, Campbell…

• Like 2

According to the LT, Rovers are in advanced talks with Belgium striker Gueye and Japanese striker Ohashi has had his 3rd medical. If this is true it's great news for Rovers supporters, more power upfront. Ohashi is 6ft 5in tall, height up front what Rovers have been missing for seasons, can't remember the last time Rovers scored off a corner.We could do with a winger to supply the crosses.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Weimann is not the player he once was and he is reliant on energy which may well be fading as time catches up on him but he is a useful player to have in the squad because he can pop up with a goal.

I dont see why we are pissing around with trials so late in pre season. Just give him a years contract.

Probably to see what his fitness levels are, etc. 

54 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

This all reminds me of the 80s when we used to pick up the likes of Duxbury and Moran on freebies at the end of their careers.

Its making me quite nostalgic 🥲

Gordon Cowans being another

42 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Why have Bristol let him go?

Out of contract and Bristol City loaned him to WBA in January 

4 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

According to the LT, Rovers are in advanced talks with Belgium striker Gueye and Japanese striker Ohashi has had his 3rd medical. If this is true it's great news for Rovers supporters, more power upfront. Ohashi is 6ft 5in tall, height up front what Rovers have been missing for seasons, can't remember the last time Rovers scored off a corner.We could do with a winger to supply the crosses.

Is it normal to have three medicals???

7 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Bit muddled but I'm glad you're excited 

Edited by B16Rover
Auto correct
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Is it normal to have three medicals???

Is it normal for a Japanese player to be 6 ft 5! 

wiki says 5 11 tbf.

Edited by Ricky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Shurely shome mishtake here.

We are buying completely unknown exotica in the remnants bin after the car boot sale.

Makes the like of Ennis and Talalovic look certain successes.

Hope I am wrong in my cynicism but this Championship season is going to be relentlessly tough. Even if they are good it could easily take these signings a season to get adjusted.

McFadzean is a good move but whoever, plays alongside him had better be drinking their Red Bull because Fadz for sure hasn't got wings...

• Like 2