BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I just get that feeling that Rovers are dabbling in markets they know very little about, for players they know probably less about. Linked to the fact that anyone at our end is for sale.

Thats how it feels to me. I’ve no confidence in them whatsoever. Would love to think I’m wrong and everything has changed. Doubt it has though.

• Like 3

Maybe the Ruddy loan thing is something that has possibly been agreed between the clubs, Newcastle might be covering his wages or something as part of the agreement over Finneran, seems like the sort of  bollocks this lot would do. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, den said:

I just get that feeling that Rovers are dabbling in markets they know very little about, for players they know probably less about. Linked to the fact that anyone at our end is for sale.

Thats how it feels to me. I’ve no confidence in them whatsoever. Would love to think I’m wrong and everything has changed. Doubt it has though.

To be honest they were doing that last summer with Broughton and that didn't turn out well at all as all he cheap so called squad players to develop have been shunted out after only 12 months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We've had Collier his name was Leo !

I'd give anything for a Mark Grew though.

I thought Dewhurst and Shep did ok they were literally just thrown in now of this blooding youth that goes on now and yes he was a small lad from what i remember.

that was a difficult season,dons excellent side from the late 80`s was breaking up and garner and sellers were injured till early december,having absolutely no money to spend he had to rely on raw youth players.only bright moments were nearly beating liverpool at ewood on the fa cup (atkins you plank) and winning away at barnsley in late april to ensure safety ( i was working on a building site at the time and being pushed for time,could`nt go home to get changed,travelled up in my mates vauxhall belmont,we fell out because i got plaster  all over his passenger seat!!!),happy days😁

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Read this thread this morning and thought how sad and depressing.

Just catching up with the latest on here and now even more sad and depressing.

Think it's clear we've become even more of a shambles, if that's possible, under Waggott and Pasha - I think the club's stock must be at an all time low in the game.

Hope I am wrong but think these latest signings, if we even manage to get them over the line, reak of utter desperation.

IMO, will take a miracle for us not to get relegated this season.

The thing is Merce and perhaps it's the question we've really got to start asking ourselves...

DOES IT REALLY MATTER? (Being relegated)

People (including myself) throw around the word apathy pretty loosely but I really and truly feel it these days. The issues at the club now are so big and state of it is so bad that I really believe that things need to get so much worse before we can truly look to the future. We all want to bury our head in the sand and just focus on football but we've done that for over 10 years now. 

If relegation is what it takes to hit these people even harder (financially) to accelerate the process of getting them out... Then absolutely bring it on because treading water in the championship, kidding ourselves into thinking that we're a season away from being back in the prem and it being the answer to all of our problems is like a really long torturous bad dream. What the the club desperately needs is a fresh start, free from the shackles of these cretins and I can't go on kidding myself into believing the start of another season is a fresh start when it isn't, the real issues remain, they still remain. 

The club is fucking dying a slow death, being slowly strangled harder and harder each year by these absolute scum who deserve the absolute worst life has to offer. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Read this thread this morning and thought how sad and depressing.

Just catching up with the latest on here and now even more sad and depressing.

Think it's clear we've become even more of a shambles, if that's possible, under Waggott and Pasha - I think the club's stock must be at an all time low in the game.

Hope I am wrong but think these latest signings, if we even manage to get them over the line, reak of utter desperation.

IMO, will take a miracle for us not to get relegated this season.

3 players in for medicals today? how is that sad and depressing? 

10 minutes ago, den said:

that's what you have head of recruitment in place to scout and find these players from different markets. 

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

that was a difficult season,dons excellent side from the late 80`s was breaking up and garner and sellers were injured till early december,having absolutely no money to spend he had to rely on raw youth players.only bright moments were nearly beating liverpool at ewood on the fa cup (atkins you plank) and winning away at barnsley in late april to ensure safety ( i was working on a building site at the time and being pushed for time,could`nt go home to get changed,travelled up in my mates vauxhall belmont,we fell out because i got plaster  all over his passenger seat!!!),happy days😁

Chris Sulleys only goal , I think!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neal said:

Been told some info about Cooper... Apparently Waggot has completely fucked him around. Offered a baseline of about 12k initially with appearance bonus of an extra few thousand, was apparently agreed and then went back on his word saying that he's injury prone. To which his agent told him... Ok, give us a baseline 8k with 8k appearance bonus to call his bluff and then completely shit out of the deal saying it was too much. Which now has led to more budget options like Fadz and Batth. 

Cannot comprehend what an absolute fucking wanker this bloke is. One of the worst in football. Absolutely suited to our owners. 

Fat, incompetent, useless, horrible cunt. He is the second worst symptom that we've had to suffer through of the horrendous Venky disease. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Is it normal to have three medicals???

It wasn't three medicals. They've discovered he has three testicles. That's why he's such a strong player.

No doubt some will say this a load of bollocks.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, BobbyIsh1976 said:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't..... 

Leave people to discuss whatever they feel it's a forum for all opinions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 players in for medicals today? how is that sad and depressing? 

Chaddy, I've always remained pretty diplomatic with you as you get your fair share of stick on here but questioning why people feel this way really doesn't help you and reveals why you get so much flak coming your way. I'm not saying this to have a go, I'm trying to help as you seem like a decent chap but I think you need to just give it a bit more thought before you post sometimes and your life would be a lot easier. Perhaps you're on the wind up but sometimes it's better to say nothing.  

Feel free to tell me to f*ck off, I'll understand. 👍

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

Chaddy, I've always remained pretty diplomatic with you as you get your fair share of stick on here but questioning why people feel this way really doesn't help you and reveals why you get so much flak coming your way. I'm not saying this to have a go, I'm trying to help as you seem like a decent chap but I think you need to just give it a bit more thought before you post sometimes and your life would be a lot easier. Perhaps you're on the wind up but sometimes it's better to say nothing.  

Feel free to tell me to f*ck off, I'll understand. 👍

Fair imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gueye,the lad from belgium is 6"5,must be a target man,if he replaces gallagher then it`s ok to me,frankly i was sick of seeing his lame efforts for the last two seasons

I heard he was 7'2" and has to jump downwards to get on the end of crosses. A bit like Telalovic being an Olympic standard sprinter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

According to the LT, Rovers are in advanced talks with Belgium striker Gueye and Japanese striker Ohashi has had his 3rd medical. If this is true it's great news for Rovers supporters, more power upfront. Ohashi is 6ft 5in tall, height up front what Rovers have been missing for seasons, can't remember the last time Rovers scored off a corner.We could do with a winger to supply the crosses.

Would be Japan’s tallest ever person 😂

• Like 3