BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I think the gueye for Gallagher stuff is good business. Let’s face it Gallagher never scored 10 goals in a season so he can’t be worse.

the smzodics replacement the issue. I understand we were never replacing 30 goals but an unknown lad from japan is not exactly screaming progression.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I think the gueye for Gallagher stuff is good business. Let’s face it Gallagher never scored 10 goals in a season so he can’t be worse.

the smzodics replacement the issue. I understand we were never replacing 30 goals but an unknown lad from japan is not exactly screaming progression.

When we purchased Szmodics did you think he would turn into the player he turned into? 

Remember his first few games? He was classed as not good enough! 

• Like 3

Clearly the recruitment department has been putting the graft in and some financial circumstance has changed but it’s something to see us getting worked up over Andi Weimann on a free from Bristol City.

All the new lads get a fair shake until they don’t deserve it anymore, but I’m not particularly enthused by anything I’m seeing.

Waggott clearly in his element pulling a fast one on players. I hope an horrendous fate befalls him and not before too long, ideally.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

Chaddy, I've always remained pretty diplomatic with you as you get your fair share of stick on here but questioning why people feel this way really doesn't help you and reveals why you get so much flak coming your way. I'm not saying this to have a go, I'm trying to help as you seem like a decent chap but I think you need to just give it a bit more thought before you post sometimes and your life would be a lot easier. Perhaps you're on the wind up but sometimes it's better to say nothing.  

Feel free to tell me to f*ck off, I'll understand. 👍

I wouldn't tell yourself to f**k off ever, I respect yourself. 

I am never on the wind up but my reply was to Mercer specifically  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Okay why did Bristol and WBA allow him to leave?

He went to West Brom because his time at Bristol was limited, allegedly because if he played a certain amount of games for them he was entitled to a bumper new contract. Bristol have signed a number of new forward players recently so were obviously looking to freshen things up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So Stoke sniffing around Travis again according to Nixon.

He really is trying to sell as many Rovers players as he can this summer for Suhail isn't he.

He's a footballing sabatour. Well, actually a lot worse than that! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

When we purchased Szmodics did you think he would turn into the player he turned into? 

We hope they will be good of course but it's still underwhelming,we have lost some real quality for this level in the last couple of years and brought in big money and we get unknowns in return for small money or 37 year old centre backs

Whilst I'm reading Boro are in talks with Bristol over a deal for  Conway an excellent young talent,they haven't brought in the income we have last couple of years .

If the two new forwards get at least the same amount of goals as Sammie did last year then Park needs a statue erecting outside the ground.

We are weaker than last season still 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Word is he heard we were skint so declined any contract renewals and accepted a pay cut just to help Steve Waggot…Steve’s his uncle apparently.

Steve will be operating his famous 'flex' on that one then, no fee so here you 20 grand a week son.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Read this thread this morning and thought how sad and depressing.

Just catching up with the latest on here and now even more sad and depressing.

Think it's clear we've become even more of a shambles, if that's possible, under Waggott and Pasha - I think the club's stock must be at an all time low in the game.

Hope I am wrong but think these latest signings, if we even manage to get them over the line, reak of utter desperation.

IMO, will take a miracle for us not to get relegated this season.

Wtf!? Give me strength!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Read this thread this morning and thought how sad and depressing.

Just catching up with the latest on here and now even more sad and depressing.

Think it's clear we've become even more of a shambles, if that's possible, under Waggott and Pasha - I think the club's stock must be at an all time low in the game.

Hope I am wrong but think these latest signings, if we even manage to get them over the line, reak of utter desperation.

IMO, will take a miracle for us not to get relegated this season.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Leave people to discuss whatever they feel it's a forum for all opinions.

It was a retort to the Mercer post.   As in, some people will literally moan about anything Rovers and struggle seeing anything positive.  No signings?  Rubbish.  Three signings in one day?  All are rubbish and will get us relegated.   That's an opinion, on a forum, for all opinions.   

Edited by BobbyIsh1976
Spelling
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The difference is Szmodics wasn’t a replacement for our top scorer he was an addition. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Things can always be worse and under this regime they usually are.

• Like 1