BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Are the win/loss stats with Gallagher in the team still a thing even? Feels like it was something from the first half of 22/23. And given he missed most of the first half of last season when we were winning plenty but was back for the second half, I doubt the stats are of any relevance now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

If we could somehow move out Hyam and bring that left footed center half from Hull we were linked with and James Hill back on loan I feel our center halves would be sorted.

If we could manage to get Hill on a permanent then I really feel that would be a big coup for us. 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's got no work ethic about him whatsoever. Doesn't physically impose himself on the opposition, 6 ft 5 and jumps about 5 ft 7, can't be bothered getting himself into positions from where he'd be likely to score and that's before you even get onto his technical limitations.

Was a willing runner of the channels and  half decent during his first loan spell (albeit not worth anywhere near £5m)  but has been absolutely stealing a living since he came permanently. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

If he goes that is. Please God.

The great irony is it was Coyle who got the most out of Gallagher in terms of performance and goals!

What are the Tractor Boys boards saying about Sammie's move, which also seems to be mired in treacle? It seems likely that the charade is linked to at least one sale, probably SS to Ipswich, which is the bottleneck slowing down all other developments / announcements at this end.

C'mon Ipswich - time to shit or get off the pot.

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

What are the Tractor Boys boards saying about Sammie's move, which also seems to be mired in treacle? It seems likely that the charade is linked to at least one sale, probably SS to Ipswich, which is the bottleneck slowing down all other developments / announcements at this end.

Wasnt a deadline said to be set?

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

If we could manage to get Hill on a permanent then I really feel that would be a big coup for us. 

He was around the first team for them last season, I don't believe they've signed any new defenders. Lloyd Kelly left for Newcastle too. I'd love Hill to come back but can't help feeling Bournemouth still feel a bit light at centre half as it stands.

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

Agreed, but there is very little chance we would be able to pull that off.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He was around the first team for them last season, I don't believe they've signed any new defenders. Lloyd Kelly left for Newcastle too. I'd love Hill to come back but can't help feeling Bournemouth still feel a bit light at centre half as it stands.

Bournemouth about to sign a CB from Juventus for £15M.  That may start things moving with a potential loan for Hill.  But suspect that any loan will not happen until the last week of the window and we will be left crossing our fingers that Bournemouth do not pick up any injuries before then

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Has to be done by Weds i think according to the red top wndbag.

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Wasnt a deadline said to be set?

I had a bit of a dig around and the consensus from the fan side seems to be that he will be a good addition, full of confidence and hungry to do well, at the peak of his game and a steal at (ahem) £8 million 'for the best player in the Championship last season.'

There is more anxiety that 'Blackburn will mess it up' than there is about a 28 year old coming into a young side.

Meanwhile, back in the bumbling crumb stew that is Rovers pre-season debacle, nothing has happened other than a whole load of piss and wind, and our reserve reserve reserve keeper joining Bamber Bridge.

Exciting times.

?

😐

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Lots more bluster and talk by the looks of things, yet nobody signed and nothing over the line.

10 days until kick off with Jack Vale leading the line.

Assuming Gallagher and Szmodics are going, Telalovic is gone and Leonard has been crocked forever, it does look like we only have Jack Vale as a recognised Striker in the first team. 

What a club.

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I’m still wondering why the Ohashi deal hasn’t been done. It’s been a week now since we were first linked. 

O'Brien, Brierly and the best of the lot, Maguire will give you a clue. Or more to the point, our useless overlords.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s why I asked the question.

I found an article which says buying players for your academy is exempt but income from selling an academy player is included. 

What I don’t know is whether this person knows this or has just interpreted the rules this way.

I had a quick skim of the rules but nothing jumped out one way or the other.

If the income wasn’t allowed, it would make selling academy products like eg Cole Palmer irrelevant so that’s why I believe income is allowed, expenses are deducted 👍

• Like 2

Another thing to remember with Gallagher is that he usually misses at least one good chunk of the season through injury, he's done this in every season since he rejoined on a permanent basis.

League Stats only

2019/20 - 28 starts 14 sub appearances - 6 goals, 2 assists.

2020/21 - 24 starts 15 sub appearances - 8 goals, 3 assists.

2021/22 - 28 starts 9 sub appearances - 9 goals, 3 assists

2022/23 - 27 starts 7 sub appearances - 8 goals, 2 assists

2023/24 - 20 starts 4 sub appearances - 3 goals, 3 assists.

Rolling average - 25 starts 10 sub appearances - 7 goals, 3 assists

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

May well be Ipswich know we are absolutely done for money and these potential signings are dependent upon pocketing some sale proceeds for SS - like any good management, would, trying to screw us down.

Think the gap is close enough for it to happen as we are absolutely desperate.

The alternative - don't let SS go and have one hugely disaffected player in your ranks and send the potential new signings at Brockhall back.

Tractor Boys have played a stormer just like Wee Dougie did with Wharton.  Oh for some nous at Ewood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

I’m still wondering why the Ohashi deal hasn’t been done. It’s been a week now since we were first linked. 

There is a 5 day minimum wait for a visa. Can't train or announce anything until cleared. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They are signing a defender from Juventus for £20 million flew over for a medical at the weekend 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

May well be Ipswich know we are absolutely done for money and these potential signings are dependent upon pocketing some sale proceeds for SS - like any good management, would, trying to screw us down.

Think the gap is close enough for it to happen as we are absolutely desperate.

The alternative - don't let SS go and have one hugely disaffected player in your ranks and send the potential new signings at Brockhall back.

Tractor Boys have played a stormer just like Wee Dougie did with Wharton.  Oh for some nous at Ewood.

Please stop calling him "Wee Dougie", for all of sakes.

• Like 4

Would love James hill back if not permanently maybe on loan with an option to buy. He isn't going to get past being a squad player at Bournemouth, especially with them bringing in even more defenders. He looked a class above what we already have.

• Like 6

Jackson confirming Travis interest from Stoke and other Championship clubs, but no bids made as yet.

He’s also saying club will confirm Ohashi and Gueye today.  I wonder what the announcement vids will be like this year? They’ve had plenty of time to think about them!!

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Would love James hill back if not permanently maybe on loan with an option to buy. He isn't going to get past being a squad player at Bournemouth, especially with them bringing in even more defenders. He looked a class above what we already have.

Would love him back in whatever capacity.  Suspect that unless any option to buy is contingent on promotion (which is certainly not on the cards), that the fee would be out of Rovers reach by some margin though

Unless Rovers maybe did and Armstrong type sell on fee for Bournemouth (circa 40%) in order to get a low initial fee

Edited by KentExile

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson confirming Travis interest from Stoke and other Championship clubs, but no bids made as yet.

He’s also saying club will confirm Ohashi and Gueye today.  I wonder what the announcement vids will be like this year? They’ve had plenty of time to think about them!!

We can all hope bits of paper are not involved, but I suspect they will be limited by Rovers budget, which was likely the reason for why bits of paper were a thing last year

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, M_B said:

It's probably better to ask Armstrong, Brereton and Szmodics what his contribution has been. 

If we can get £1.5 million for him, he has to go if he's no intention of signing a new contract. Replacing his goals alone shouldn't be a problem, replacing his overall contribution to the team and the overall scoring record of the forward line might prove more difficult. 

Will you be claiming you were right if the replacement scores 7 or 8,but nobody else reaches double figures? 

I sincerely hope you are right and we stay up comfortably, but I do fear trying to replace both him and Szmodics at the same time will be a big ask. 

If the replacement scores 7/8 and our total goals output as a team is higher than last year then I will certainly view that as an improvement.

As with all stats, the context can get very complex, but looking at total team performance would be a better indicator. No matter who we keep or sign, we probably won't get another year our of Szmodics like last year, so we've already got goals to replace as it stands.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Low budget. 

• Like 4