BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well yes, obviously couldn't be further apart in terms of ability but poles apart in terms of attitude as well.

Shearer always left everything out on the pitch and put in a performance every week. Gallagher never puts in a performance.

When was the last time you watched a game and thought "Gallagher was magnificent today" or even " he was a bit of a handful"

Almost never.

Our man of the match away at Preston, you probably gave him a 5.

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Did score and looks to be part of the future. Gross going will increase his chances to stay with Brighton I think 

Not sure Ayari is ready for the Prem. 

Edit - I am sure, he isn't ready for the Prem at this stage

He wasn't first choice here.  Probably needs a full season at this level playing week in, week out

Edited by KentExile

12 minutes ago, alex l said:

Also not likely. But even if he was, I'm not sure that would be sufficient to say he's worth keeping for a year to then be allowed to go for nothing. 

I think I would disagree there.

IF he was any good (which he isn't) and IF his goals meant the difference between staying up or going down (which they wouldnt) then for the relatively modest fee involved of £1.5m I'd probably keep him.

As it is though he's absolute dogs hit so the debate is academic

1 minute ago, TheKitGuy said:

This tweet basically forces Rovers' hand into writing a tweet/webpage regarding the departure.. I believe we were trying to keep quiet about it for as long as possible and almost sweep it under the carpet. 

It states verbal agreement.  It will happen, but will need a written agreement before either club announces it.  Doesn't force anyone hand

17 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

This tweet basically forces Rovers' hand into writing a tweet/webpage regarding the departure.. I believe we were trying to keep quiet about it for as long as possible and almost sweep it under the carpet. 

They are such cluckers

Finneran finally off after the 5 week investigation. Hope he doesn't make the grade and floats down the leagues. Nasty yes, but not as bad as playing for a club since the age of 8 without having some sort of connection and leave at first chance 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

"Blocking pathways" is the new nonsense in phase that everyone at Rovers now uses to justify cost cutting, signing nobody and using academy players.

If the academy players are genuinely good enough they will get to the first team regardless.

Its a horrible consultancy phrase... But there is truth to it. We get very good young players because they can see how they will get games.

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Finneran finally off after the 5 week investigation. Hope he doesn't make the grade and floats down the leagues. Nasty yes, but not as bad as playing for a club since the age of 8 without having some sort of connection and leave at first chance 

We don't know if he does or doesn't have a connection. However, he's a 16 year old kid given the chance to move to a Prem club (an established one at that) and will likely earn many times more than what he would if he stayed. It's not like he's got millions in the bank already and that he's earned loads off Rovers. 

To me, it's a very OTT reaction when kids are being wished a (relatively) failed career. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When was the last time you watched a game and thought "Gallagher was magnificent today" or even " he was a bit of a handful"

Almost never.

First game that springs to mind is Leicester away in FA Cup, not only was Gallagher outstanding on the night so was Dolan.

You do know that all the stats show we are a much better side with Gallagher in it, points totals are way up when he plays, why do you think that is? 

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Its a horrible consultancy phrase... But there is truth to it. We get very good young players because they can see how they will get games.

I didn't mean just for youngsters. In Szmods' case, as it was with Wharton, if you deny players a move to the Prem then it will put them off signing with you. 

It's a sad truth but the club is a stepping stone at the moment, we can't sell ourselves as being a realistic club to achieve promotion with as it stands. 

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As I've said a number of times over the years with Gallagher there's putting in a genuine shift then there's just doing one or two bits and pieces to create the impression he's putting in a shift.

Might run for one or two lost causes to make it look as though he's doing something but when it comes to what really matters like bullying the opposition, winning a header, busting a gut to get on the end of a cross or into a dangerous goalscoring position or putting his head/body in where it hurts there's none of that.

He’s what I call “ a manufactured player “, there’s a lot of them in modern football. He’s not a natural. A big athletic looking lad.  He looks the part - until the whistle blows. He’s never developed a football brain. How many times do we see a ball come into the penalty area to be attacked and he’s back on his heels.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

"Blocking pathways" is the new nonsense in phase that everyone at Rovers now uses to justify cost cutting, signing nobody and using academy players.

If the academy players are genuinely good enough they will get to the first team regardless.

Pathways have been unblocked and then replaced by a motorway from academy to first team, regardless of the players age, ability or experience.

Crashes expected.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Do we get anything for this? Or just a pathetic £40k development fee or something?

there will be add on and sell on fees

the initial fee will be tiny

Edited by KentExile

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

First game that springs to mind is Leicester away in FA Cup, not only was Gallagher outstanding on the night so was Dolan.

You do know that all the stats show we are a much better side with Gallagher in it, points totals are way up when he plays, why do you think that is? 

Statistical anomalies aside I know we nearly went down with him in the side in the 2nd half of last season.

• Like 1

Gallagher is super hardworking but limited technically and most importantly never looks like he’s going to score. He doesn’t have the instinct to know where he needs to be or the determination to use his amazing physical attributes to effect the game.

You very rarely watch play build up and think “Gally is free there, in on goal” because he’s always in a bad spot. Then when he finds himself in an attacking position, he often fluffs his touch etc.

Bottom line, he poses almost no actual threat, in spite of the fact he should.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'd genuinely be interested to hear what they would say. Because he doesn't do a particularly good job of holding the ball up like Danny Graham did. He certainly didn't directly set them up for many goals with the ball at his feet. He is hard working and powerful (even though he lacks aggression) and seems pretty unselfish, but he hardly seems like a dream strike partner. 

I ran the stats on this a couple of weeks ago. Brereton and Szmodics both scored at the same or better rate when Gallagher wasn't on the pitch as when he was. 

The players will all like Gally as he is a genuinely nice bloke, but he's certainly not the reason why BB and SS scored so many.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I ran the stats on this a couple of weeks ago. Brereton and Szmodics both scored at the same or better rate when Gallagher wasn't on the pitch as when he was. 

The players will all like Gally as he is a genuinely nice bloke, but he's certainly not the reason why BB and SS scored so many.

Wasn't Armstrong's best season also the one when he played central with Brereton and Harvey Elliott wide of him and Gally on the bench?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1