BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, alex l said:

We don't know if he does or doesn't have a connection. However, he's a 16 year old kid given the chance to move to a Prem club (an established one at that) and will likely earn many times more than what he would if he stayed. It's not like he's got millions in the bank already and that he's earned loads off Rovers. 

To me, it's a very OTT reaction when kids are being wished a (relatively) failed career. 

Not really.

The poster is merely articulating his disappointment at the lack of loyalty to the club that nurtured him. 

Meanwhile, I suppose you are hoping for him to be a shining star, earning mega bucks..( I am hoping Rothwell gets into the England team and that Boris Johnson gets a knighthood...)

• Like 2

Reading that write up in the LT about Gueye, it seems he very much will not be the natural goalscorer we have been crying out for up front. And will need even more when Szmodics goes.

Great in the air, not that we have the players to feed him with crosses. Not the quickest and technically not very good.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Reading that write up in the LT about Gueye, it seems he very much will not be the natural goalscorer we have been crying out for up front. And will need even more when Szmodics goes.

Great in the air, not that we have the players to feed him with crosses. Not the quickest and technically not very good.

Sounds like the new Jim Fryatt, hopefully he’s the new Rudy Gestede

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Gallagher is super hardworking but limited technically and most importantly never looks like he’s going to score. He doesn’t have the instinct to know where he needs to be or the determination to use his amazing physical attributes to effect the game.

You very rarely watch play build up and think “Gally is free there, in on goal” because he’s always in a bad spot. Then when he finds himself in an attacking position, he often fluffs his touch etc.

Bottom line, he poses almost no actual threat, in spite of the fact he should.

Last season he wasn’t even missing chances, he just wasn’t  at the races .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Finneran finally off after the 5 week investigation. Hope he doesn't make the grade and floats down the leagues. Nasty yes, but not as bad as playing for a club since the age of 8 without having some sort of connection and leave at first chance 

If someone offered you a better job for better money would you not take it?? 
To wish something like that on a 16 year old kid is downright unpleasant. If we didn’t think he was good enough we’d cut him loose with very little thought. Works both ways. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Last season he wasn’t even missing chances, he just wasn’t  at the races .

Probably because he was injured......🙄

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Statistical anomalies aside I know we nearly went down with him in the side in the 2nd half of last season.

We almost went down due to mismanagement of the club by your mates in Pune.

Anyway he's leaving, good luck to him I say, he's been a good servant for the club.

Edited by Gav

16 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

To wish something like that on a 16 year old kid is downright unpleasant. If we didn’t think he was good enough we’d cut him loose with very little thought. Works both ways. 

I'd want my previous employer to be properly compensated.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not really.

The poster is merely articulating his disappointment at the lack of loyalty to the club that nurtured him. 

Meanwhile, I suppose you are hoping for him to be a shining star, earning mega bucks..( I am hoping Rothwell gets into the England team and that Boris Johnson gets a knighthood...)

Well from a rovers perspective, yeah, as we'll benefit from that success.

There's no reason, spite aside, to hope for him to fail.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Downright unpleasant? Not like I wished him any harm to his health. Your wording makes it sound like I want him from the world

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Downright unpleasant? Not like I wished him any harm to his health. Your wording makes it sound like I want him from the world

You said yourself that it was nasty to wish his career would ultimately fail. You don’t have to want someone dead to be unpleasant…

1 hour ago, Rover8T4 said:

Finneran finally off after the 5 week investigation. Hope he doesn't make the grade and floats down the leagues. Nasty yes, but not as bad as playing for a club since the age of 8 without having some sort of connection and leave at first chance 

Mentioned elsewhere before but in case anyone missed it, Junior Nsangou, the 18 year old academy graduate forward from the U21s also left the club recently - to Albacete in La Liga 2. He turned down a professional contract to leave on a free, I believe (not clear if he was holding out to leave or club had been unsure on him, as many players sign a deal aged 17). Not sure if any compensation is payable in such a move. 

I don't know what his potential was, but he was a starter for Rovers U21 at the end of last season, and was a regular for Poland's U19, so a likely loss.

Edited by riverholmes

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yes, my employer when I was 16 had mollycoddled me for 8 years too.

What’s he going to say to Newcastle? “I’m not signing unless you give rovers 7 figures for being nice to me for 8 years”. This is all part and parcel of football unfortunately. It’s shitty that it’s like this for us and a sign of where the club is, but it’s a business at the end of the day to anyone involved with the club who isn’t a rovers fan.

56 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Not really.

Whatever he does isn't of great interest. If he doesn't make it, it doesn't mean the same would have happened at Rovers or if he does, it doesn't mean Rovers would have achieved the same with him. There's a degree of disappointment with anyone who chooses not to continue with Rovers, but hoping a kid, which a 16 year old is, doesn't make it because he's leaving the club you love jist seems crass to me. 

• Like 3