BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

You said yourself that it was nasty to wish his career would ultimately fail. You don’t have to want someone dead to be unpleasant…

Il look out for your post when swag retires and you wish him all the best. I will remember in future to wish anyone who shits on anything I'm passionate about good luck for the future. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alex l said:

Whatever he does isn't of great interest. If he doesn't make it, it doesn't mean the same would have happened at Rovers or if he does, it doesn't mean Rovers would have achieved the same with him. There's a degree of disappointment with anyone who chooses not to continue with Rovers, but hoping a kid, which a 16 year old is, doesn't make it because he's leaving the club you love jist seems crass to me. 

The lad is entitled to look after his own career. And the fans are entitled to be bitter for a while after he goes. 

It's just one of those things. He is not likely to read anything in this forum and we will get over him moving on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Il look out for your post when swag retires and you wish him all the best. I will remember in future to wish anyone who shits on anything I'm passionate about good luck for the future. 

You’re comparing a 16 year old wanting to move to a big club to the charlatan running the club into the ground. Okay.

8 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

What’s he going to say to Newcastle? “I’m not signing unless you give rovers 7 figures for being nice to me for 8 years”. This is all part and parcel of football unfortunately. It’s shitty that it’s like this for us and a sign of where the club is, but it’s a business at the end of the day to anyone involved with the club who isn’t a rovers fan.

"Appreciate the offer, but I have a much better chance of first team football in the immediate future here. I owe it to the club, and myself, to repay them for the faith they've had in me".

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

You’re comparing a 16 year old wanting to move to a big club to the charlatan running the club into the ground. Okay.

So he gets a free pass because he is 16? Players have been slated on here all week before kicking a ball for the club. What's the difference? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just seen Gueye described as a ‘clutch player’

What in the name of football hipster does that mean?

Same term is used in sports like Tennis- a player who performs in key moments in matches.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

What was the biggest offer we turned down for him? Was it something like £12m from Everton?

Probably could have got £3m ish for Lenihan and Rothwell at peak, and certainly a lot more than £0m for Nyambe. Dack is a different case due to his injuries, but that was a potential 8 figure sum at one point.

It's quite scandalous the ineptitude of Steve Waggott and Co. 

Learning from past mistakes trying to cash in on players now, SG, SS, TL

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Just seen Gueye described as a ‘clutch player’

What in the name of football hipster does that mean?

If correct it would mean he comes good when the pressure is on and produces at the most opportune moments I I.e. performing in big games or scoring with 5 mins to go to rescue a point or nick a victory etc etc.

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, if he was that much of a "clutch" player, he wouldn't be ending up here at the moment.

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

So he gets a free pass because he is 16? Players have been slated on here all week before kicking a ball for the club. What's the difference? 

Well I’ve not been slating any of them and I don’t agree with that either so not sure what your point is. 
I just don’t get the rovers tinted glasses to be honest. The lad may have been told he’ll go to Newcastle, get paid way more now than he ever would here and get a loan to a League Two or One team where he’d be a regular and get that experience. We just don’t know. 
He played about 3 minutes at the end of a cup game for us last season and that’s it. Who’s to say he’d play much more this season in a team that is bound to struggle?

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Same term is used in sports like Tennis- a player who performs in key moments in matches.

Or golf - a "clutch putt" - a tricky 6 footer to win the tournament or stay in contention to win etc

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"Appreciate the offer, but I have a much better chance of first team football in the immediate future here. I owe it to the club, and myself, to repay them for the faith they've had in me".

I doubt he’d play much more than one cup game next season. One more game than he will at Newcastle probably. Having said that they played that 17 year old Miley for at least half of their games last season. 
As I said, if Rovers didn’t think he was any good they’d bin him off like they have done with plenty of youth players this summer. Are you going lambast the club for not showing those players any loyalty??

10 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I doubt he’d play much more than one cup game next season. One more game than he will at Newcastle probably. Having said that they played that 17 year old Miley for at least half of their games last season. 
As I said, if Rovers didn’t think he was any good they’d bin him off like they have done with plenty of youth players this summer. Are you going lambast the club for not showing those players any loyalty??

Agree to your point. Difference is these kids are heartbroken at being let go. Finneran on the other hand......

1 minute ago, rob_of_the_rovers said:

Gueye scored 6 in 10 at the start of last season, then only scored in one more game (2 goals) of the regular season after that. He did score 3 in 5 in the relegation playoffs though

We’re probably clutching at straws thinking he’ll be any good