BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

• Backroom

Have gotten my hopes up before regarding Gally leaving, only for them to be dashed later on. I'll believe it when I see it at this point.

No idea who this Gueye fella is, same as pretty much everyone on here bar maybe the one random person who watches the Pro League regularly, so will just have to wait and see on that one. Hopeful punts are evidently our limit when it comes to our budget. Fingers crossed it works out.

I haven't been around for a few days, is Ohashi still happening or has that one stalled? Can't see any updates recently via google at least. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

I doubt he’d play much more than one cup game next season. One more game than he will at Newcastle probably. Having said that they played that 17 year old Miley for at least half of their games last season. 
As I said, if Rovers didn’t think he was any good they’d bin him off like they have done with plenty of youth players this summer. Are you going lambast the club for not showing those players any loyalty??

You mean like Hilton, Eastham et al who clearly aren't good enough but keep on getting contracts / found soft landings elsewhere?

We absolutely do right by the Academy players - it's one of the few things still to be proud of with this club.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You mean like Hilton, Eastham et al who clearly aren't good enough but keep on getting contracts / found soft landings elsewhere?

We absolutely do right by the Academy players - it's one of the few things still to be proud of with this club.

There’ll always be exceptions both ways. There was an article released not long ago listing players who aren’t getting new contracts. Can’t imagine we gave them a parting gift. 
I feel like Finneran doesn’t owe us anything, you do, let’s leave it at that. Just going round in circles.

6 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

There’ll always be exceptions both ways. There was an article released not long ago listing players who aren’t getting new contracts. Can’t imagine we gave them a parting gift. 
I feel like Finneran doesn’t owe us anything, you do, let’s leave it at that. Just going round in circles.

How can you say he doesn't owe us anything. Been with us since 8, coached by club to the player he is today, Broke club record, Club gave him the platform to build his name. Treated us like a used tampon! Soaked it all up and binned us

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wonder what they paid for him.

I think he's a useful player at this level and only 20.

No idea, seeing some guesses online of £1M-£2M

Villa probably have a buy back option on him like they did with Philogene and Archer

Edited by KentExile

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

How can you say he doesn't owe us anything. Been with us since 8, coached by club to the player he is today, Broke club record, Club gave him the platform to build his name. Treated us like a used tampon! Soaked it all up and binned us

Agree to disgree

23 minutes ago, DE. said:

I haven't been around for a few days, is Ohashi still happening or has that one stalled? Can't see any updates recently via google at least. 

Was strongly rumoured to have had his medical yesterday. Would seem as though we're waiting for Szmodics/Gallagher funds to hit before we can get anyone over the line. That, or as above, we'll bugger up any prospective deals at the 11th hour.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

Where are all these signings, then?? All hanging around behind Sammie, taking it turns politely asking him if he's left yet?

Waggott and Pasha are probably sitting around hoping we get gazumped by other Clubs before they request the final sign off from India.

They can't use the old "We missed the deadline due to an administrative error" line at this stage of the window.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Couldn’t agree more albeit, I can still understand the decision. However, there are ways of doing these things that could have seen him leave and Rovers rewarded and recognised.

• Like 2

It's not about football it's about money and status to these kids if it was about football they'd be making the most of the great opportunity of first team football here.

Because it's a better chance than anywhere else and big moves, money, fame can follow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well yes, obviously couldn't be further apart in terms of ability but poles apart in terms of attitude as well.

Shearer always left everything out on the pitch and put in a performance every week. Gallagher never puts in a performance.

When was the last time you watched a game and thought "Gallagher was magnificent today" or even " he was a bit of a handful"

Almost never.

Magnificent today, never

bit of a handful , most games

It’s never going to happen but I’d love James hill back even for another six month loan, if only for the selfish reason it would be worth buying one of those lovely new kits and have a name worth banging on the back

You’d think getting these players signed up so they can train with their teammates would be a priority. Starting to wonder whether it’s all an elaborate smokescreen and these poor souls will be travelling back to their respective countries just like Duncan did. I find it remarkable that I would even entertain such a theory, but such is the level of trust between the fans and the club right now that I don’t believe a single thing they say. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamst said:

You’d think getting these players signed up so they can train with their teammates would be a priority. Starting to wonder whether it’s all an elaborate smokescreen and these poor souls will be travelling back to their respective countries just like Duncan did. I find it remarkable that I would even entertain such a theory, but such is the level of trust between the fans and the club right now that I don’t believe a single thing they say. 

Do we not have to wait for permits for the two foreigners?

As for Rory finneran leaving it’s immensely frustrating , quite gutting from a fan perspective to be honest. We all know the vast majority of kids at this age get swallowed up into academies loaned out, used as income for the big clubs and farmed off for decent profit back to the league they came from. 

I don’t have the answers but something needs to change when clubs like rovers are putting all the scouting , coaching and nurturing into these lads only for the big clubs to benefit in the end (as usual) . 

How many genuinely talented young lads could have played proper men’s football, developed into top talents , helped the smaller clubs grow, give the fans of said clubs some pride, joy , hope , belief. As we all know the soul of the game is slowly evaporating and its things like this along with many others , I.e kick off times, foreign or bad ownership , kit prices , ticket prices , the list goes on , is slowly sucking the life out of the once beautiful game.

As far as Rory himself goes, I wish him all the success he deserves, whether that’s to the top through hard work, dedication and professionalism or playing at Chorley because of the opposite attitude. 

I do think people need to remember, people like Rory have watched from 8, good players and friends get their hearts broken and let go every season since 8 with only a few remaining. They have watched players like dack lose big opportunities through sheer bad luck, they see the direction the club is going in and have probably heard a million stories of lies and let downs over contracts and false promises etc. Seen club captains shipped out for the clubs best financial interests, when Travis stayed loyal, why wouldn’t he go for bigger money , why would he be loyal, and players like Wharton prosper financially and career wise , with national honours .  

It works both ways and Unless You are a truly die hard fan the way Wharton is , I don’t see how anyone could not understand why Rory wouldn’t do what he feels is best for his career , life and family. 

I understand the anger and frustration , but to wish anything but positive things for a 16 year old kid who as far as we know hasn’t done anything but work hard to get to where he is . To wish failure is quite extreme imo

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 6
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Who was that other young lad we lost a few years ago- think it also went to tribunal. Doing my head in. Think he was a league one club on loan last season..

Ash Philips? 

• Like 1