BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, PotterLog said:

Hope Gallagher is a bit better than that last lump we had off you lot 😁

Rarely played him as a centre forward. Majority of his time was spent as a wide/pressing forward.  In his loan spell under Coyle many moons ago we played with wingers and he scored a fair few.   However, even when given a chance in his natural position over the past few seasons he's been fairly poor.  Missed some right sitters, for his height he's poor aerially and hold up play is lacklustre relatively speaking..   I'd rather have kept him, but that's an indictment of the current state of the club rather than a ringing endorsement. Hope he does okay for you as he's a likeable, hard-working lad.  Good luck for the season ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, Bohinen1983 said:

Rarely played him as a centre forward. Majority of his time was spent as a wide/pressing forward.  In his loan spell under Coyle many moons ago we played with wingers and he scored a fair few.   However, even when given a chance in his natural position over the past few seasons he's been fairly poor.  Missed some right sitters, for his height he's poor aerially and hold up play is lacklustre relatively speaking..   I'd rather have kept him, but that's an indictment of the current state of the club rather than a ringing endorsement. Hope he does okay for you as he's a likeable, hard-working lad.  Good luck for the season ahead.

That’s far too measured! 

6 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Cheers for that. It's a very underwhelming signing but one I can live with as long as he's not our #1 CF option (he probably will be).

Most significantly it signals a depressing return to signing "proven" British Champo plodders on quite big money, after one thrilling season of having a proper recruitment manager and signing about 18 unknowns from all over the world

*edit; .....and Niall Ennis 🙂

Edited by PotterLog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Cheers for that. It's a very underwhelming signing but one I can live with as long as he's not our #1 CF option (he probably will be).

Most significantly it signals a depressing return to signing "proven" British Champo plodders on quite big money, after one thrilling season of having a proper recruitment manager and signing about 18 unknowns from all over the world

He'll be a decent squad man and probably not on as much as he is here and when he scores they tend to be good ones.

If your lot start him on the right as a wide attacker/winger then prepare to be underwhelmed. Although he'll gallop about a lot.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Say what you want about Gally but he does have magnificent hair 

Buffalo Bills fan too 😍

Can never question Gally's heart and desire. He's arugably the hardest worker in the team when fit (him and Szmodics) I wish him well. £1m is good for us and the move to pastures new is probably good for him.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

As for Rory finneran leaving it’s immensely frustrating , quite gutting from a fan perspective to be honest. We all know the vast majority of kids at this age get swallowed up into academies loaned out, used as income for the big clubs and farmed off for decent profit back to the league they came from. 

I don’t have the answers but something needs to change when clubs like rovers are putting all the scouting , coaching and nurturing into these lads only for the big clubs to benefit in the end (as usual) . 

How many genuinely talented young lads could have played proper men’s football, developed into top talents , helped the smaller clubs grow, give the fans of said clubs some pride, joy , hope , belief. As we all know the soul of the game is slowly evaporating and its things like this along with many others , I.e kick off times, foreign or bad ownership , kit prices , ticket prices , the list goes on , is slowly sucking the life out of the once beautiful game.

As far as Rory himself goes, I wish him all the success he deserves, whether that’s to the top through hard work, dedication and professionalism or playing at Chorley because of the opposite attitude. 

I do think people need to remember, people like Rory have watched from 8, good players and friends get their hearts broken and let go every season since 8 with only a few remaining. They have watched players like dack lose big opportunities through sheer bad luck, they see the direction the club is going in and have probably heard a million stories of lies and let downs over contracts and false promises etc. Seen club captains shipped out for the clubs best financial interests, when Travis stayed loyal, why wouldn’t he go for bigger money , why would he be loyal, and players like Wharton prosper financially and career wise , with national honours .  

It works both ways and Unless You are a truly die hard fan the way Wharton is , I don’t see how anyone could not understand why Rory wouldn’t do what he feels is best for his career , life and family. 

I understand the anger and frustration , but to wish anything but positive things for a 16 year old kid who as far as we know hasn’t done anything but work hard to get to where he is . To wish failure is quite extreme imo

That has got to be one of the harshest down votes in brfcs history 😅

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Say what you want about Gally but he does have magnificent hair 

For a girl or a surf board instructor in 1980's Australia !

Not so good for what should be a 6'3" battering ram.

Terrible player … Your recruitment set up must be in a state to target 2 donkeys in Ennis & even worse Gally … Travis in their lenses too ..floating deadwood found its bank an hour away ….Really feel for you … Your recruitment last year was admirable in patches … good luck anyways.. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

*edit; .....and Niall Ennis 🙂

Edited 13 minutes ago by PotterLog

do you want to make it a hatrick of rovers signings,if you want a midfielder who runs around like a mentalist fouling everybody leaving  his team mates exposed,can`t pass a football more than a yard and has no positional sense,lewis travis,he`s yours,please take him🙂