BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

do you want to make it a hatrick of rovers signings,if you want a midfielder who runs around like a mentalist fouling everybody leaving  his team mates exposed,can`t pass a football more than a yard and has no positional sense,lewis travis,he`s yours,please take him🙂

Already got Ben Pearson mate cheers anyway

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Terrible player … Your recruitment set up must be in a state to target 2 donkeys in Ennis & even worse Gally … Travis in their lenses too ..floating deadwood found its bank an hour away ….Really feel for you … Your recruitment last year was admirable in patches … good luck anyways.. 

Yeah we threatened to move away from the British donkeys model with a slick data-driven recruitment wonk last year. Lots of misses but some bloody good hits as well. Course his face didn't fit, now we've got super Jon Walters in charge sniffing out the old-school "DNA" again. Ho hum.

1 minute ago, PotterLog said:

Yeah we threatened to move away from the British donkeys model with a slick data-driven recruitment wonk last year. Lots of misses but some bloody good hits as well. Course his face didn't fit, now we've got super Jon Walters in charge sniffing out the old-school "DNA" again. Ho hum.

Rovers sacked him for thieving from his team mates in the academy (allegedly)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Finneran wanted to move as he 'felt it was time for a new challenge'. Fuck off kid! New challenge my arse, you hadn't even established yourself here yet. Just another greedy, ungrateful shit like Phillips (moreso actually, at least Phillips did sign the scholarship deal and ensured we got a couple million). I hope he vanishes in the Premier League youth-hoovering academy and loaning system and winds up regretting his choice.

He's looked at Phillips as his role model and not Wharton.

@Oldgregg86 I agree it was harsh. Been following this story for weeks and it's really peed me off.The way he has dealt with the whole situation showed no class or loyalty.  Between yourself and @The Axe you have made very valid points and agree with majority of them. Loyalty is a big part of me and i disagree with how he's handled the situation.  his leaving statement is a kick in the balls to Rovers who in my eyes nurtured him to who he is. 

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Finneran wanted to move as he 'felt it was time for a new challenge'. Fuck off kid! New challenge my arse, you hadn't even established yourself here yet. Just another greedy, ungrateful shit like Phillips (moreso actually, at least Phillips did sign the scholarship deal and ensured we got a couple million). I hope he vanishes in the Premier League youth-hoovering academy and loaning system and winds up regretting his choice.

1000`s of kids like him,think moving to a massive club is the way forwards,when it comes to actually establishing yourself above 40 other pro`s it more than often never happens,the ungrateful brat will hopefully be playing semi pro and working a job by the time he`s 25

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Super thief Jon Walters won’t get much praise around here 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Says to me he's completed Rovers in 3 minutes of first team football. No class, No respect to the many hours our staff have put in to him. Left the club at first option. Didn't let anyone know what his plans were and left people in the loop wether he was going to turn up to scholar night or not. If it was the lad or people advising him he should know at 16 how to respect those who have guided you the past 8 years. The reason why I can not say good luck to him. Should of said this from the start. My apologies 

Edited by Rover8T4
  • Like 8

37 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Cheers for that. It's a very underwhelming signing but one I can live with as long as he's not our #1 CF option (he probably will be).

Most significantly it signals a depressing return to signing "proven" British Champo plodders on quite big money, after one thrilling season of having a proper recruitment manager and signing about 18 unknowns from all over the world

*edit; .....and Niall Ennis 🙂

If you were playing centre half and you had him lining up against you you’d be thinking “ Bloody hell I’m in for a rough old afternoon here “.  15 minutes later the armchair and cigars would be out. 6’ 3” jumps about 5’ 8” - I don’t know how he does it. Just let it hit you on the head !

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Phillips even signed a pro deal after the original scholarship deal

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/september/20/phillips-pens-pro-deal-/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Says to me he's completed Rovers in 3 minutes of first team football. No class, No respect to the many hours our staff have put in to him 

But they'll probably be putting posters up of him around the academy saying hey look kids do a few years graft here at our expense then you can eff off to Newcastle or Spuds for next to nowt.

Time for a new challenge is something an old pro whos in his 30s and played 300 games for a club,not a 16 year old who hasn't even started a first team game,he can;'t be that much of a dick,he must have been advised by an agent or a family member to say that,he can't be that stupid to think we'd fall for that crap.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Hope Gallagher is a bit better than that last lump we had off you lot 😁

Ennis was in poor shape when he joined us and never seemed to get back to full fitness. Tomasson seemed as livid as one can reasonably get in public about it when he realised the physical state Ennis was in. Suggests to me that Ennis isn't very professional.

As for Gally, let's get the negatives out of the way.

If you're looking for a consistent goalscorer, 34 league goals in five seasons without getting into double figures in a single one of them should tell you all you need to know.

He is a big unit, but his inability to use his size to his advantage is astounding. He's a Big Friendly Giant that seems to be unaware of how much bigger he is and how much stronger he should be than other players. I think "soft" would be an apt description.

His ball control, footballing brain, and striker instinct are all poor.

He doesn't seem to enjoy playing football. I can't recall many times when I saw a smile on his face or an air of confidence (which I think is his biggest issue).

He will get injured over innocuous little things. He's had a continual year on year reduction in the number of league appearances here, from 42 in 2019/2020 to 24 in 2023/2024. Don't expect him to be available for the entire season because he's made of glass and the numbers suggest that he's worsening.

Some positives?

He can occasionally score a belter of a goal.

We seem to get better results with him in the side than without. In spite of the earlier comment about his size, there is still a sort of presence there.

He'll head some corners away for you.

I think that's it. From my point of view, he never had the impact that he perhaps should have had, and rather than lose him for free next summer and spent around £10m on him including the transfer fee and five years' worth of high wages (for us), you'll be doing us a favour by reducing that loss to around £7.5m. Ultimately, it's just time to part ways, and it's long overdue that we sold him. Instead, Mowbray gave him a juicy new contract and prolonged the staleness.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

@Oldgregg86 I agree it was harsh. Been following this story for weeks and it's really peed me off.The way he has dealt with the whole situation showed no class or loyalty.  Between yourself and @The Axe you have made very valid points and agree with majority of them. Loyalty is a big part of me and i disagree with how he's handled the situation.  his leaving statement is a kick in the balls to Rovers who in my eyes nurtured him to who he is. 

I will admit all I know is a 16 year old Irish kid with talent is moving to Newcastle whilst we sell all our assets and haven’t made a signing. If he has said things in the press etc then I stand to be corrected, hence my I hope gets what his attitude dictates speech came from. I have literally only seen the tweets that he’s nearly off on here as I don’t do social media

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Ennis was in poor shape when he joined us and never seemed to get back to full fitness. Tomasson seemed as livid as one can reasonably get in public about it when he realised the physical state Ennis was in. Suggests to me that Ennis isn't very professional.

If you're looking for a consistent goalscorer, 34 league goals in five seasons without getting into double figures in a single one of them should tell you all you need to know.

He is a big unit, but his inability to use his size to his advantage is astounding. He's a Big Friendly Giant that seems to be unaware of how much bigger he is and how much stronger he should be than other players. I think "soft" would be an apt description.

He doesn't seem to enjoy playing football. I can't recall many times when I saw a smile on his face or an air of confidence (which I think is his biggest issue).

He will get injured over innocuous little things. He's had a continual year on year reduction in the number of league appearances here, from 42 in 2019/2020 to 24 in 2023/2024. Don't expect him to be available for the entire season because he's made of glass and the numbers suggest that he's worsening.

Some positives?

We seem to get better results with him in the side than without. In spite of the earlier comment about his size, there is still a sort of presence there.

I think that's it. From my point of view, he never had the impact that he perhaps should have had, and rather than lose him for free next summer and spent around £10m on him including the transfer fee and five years' worth of high wages (for us), you'll be doing us a favour by reducing that loss to around £7.5m. Ultimately, it's just time to part ways, and it's long overdue that we sold him. Instead, Mowbray gave him a juicy new contract and prolonged the staleness.

He hasn't got an eye for goal, poor attacking positioning, can't header into a net.

But can run and defend.

He's striker by the way.

@PotterLog

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Some positives?

Thanks for that. To paraphrase David Brent, I'm still thinking about the bad news...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I will admit all I know is a 16 year old Irish kid with talent is moving to Newcastle whilst we sell all our assets and haven’t made a signing. If he has said things in the press etc then I stand to be corrected, hence my I hope gets what his attitude dictates speech came from. I have literally only seen the tweets that he’s nearly off on here as I don’t do social media

It's my fault and I apologize. I should of put the whole story instead of assuming others were aware of the situation. I will definitely think before submitting in the future 

38 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

I have no doubt that your recruitment have the slick data driven nails and padlocks on order.

I wish any ex Rover joining such a well run club every success and I only wish I could switch allegence from our circus of crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

How is Connor Mahoney doing? 

• Like 3