BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

It's an unknown and nobody knows how well he is going to do. But I don't think I can stand another season of Gallagher not jumping for headers and being bullied off the ball. If he can hold up the ball and win the ball further up the pitch then he's an improvement. If he turns out to be terrible then it's a relatively low fee for what we've brought in.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The Rudy Gestede era has began with this first signing …. He looks a beast and I welcome this signing …looks like the attacking version of Samba ..  All 3 signings are Gestedes / Parks connections …. There is a winger they are  working on but that might be a long process …Hope it comes off …it’s interesting they are targeting players on clauses & Frees from around the world .. makes financial sense 

Thanks for sharing. Sensible way of targeting players. 

Well lets hope we get this winger in. Would he be a goo signing and does he have pace? 

I hope a new keeper is on that list. 

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Got a feeling he is going to do well... sort of player I wish we had for a long time, since Graham left really. Someone who is a proper focal point. After years of wide forwards will be a breath of fresh air.

We need a target man type of player in the way we want to play

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As much as I agree, Spain is a very different style of football. You don’t really hear of target men doing well there.

True. If he is technically poor that will stand out more in Spain. But to literally score 0 goals isnt ideal.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for sharing. Sensible way of targeting players. 

Well lets hope we get this winger in. Would he be a goo signing and does he have pace? 

I hope a new keeper is on that list. 

We need a target man type of player in the way we want to play

Do we? Is that because Eustace plays long ball, do you mean? We dont have players who cross a ball well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The Rudy Gestede era has began with this first signing …. He looks a beast and I welcome this signing …looks like the attacking version of Samba ..  All 3 signings are Gestedes / Parks connections …. There is a winger they are  working on but that might be a long process …Hope it comes off …it’s interesting they are targeting players on clauses & Frees from around the world .. makes financial sense 

Interesting about the winger… is it a new name for the list or previously mentioned?

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I get the feeling that he will only do well if we sign one or two wingers who can actually put a good cross in. Think we need a Conway to his Gestede.

Since I became a Rovers fan in 2013, Conway is probably my favorite player. Led the EFL in assists, consecutive seasons. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not sure merely signing for a club that he then scored 0 goals for and made himself a laughing stock is anything to be excited about. It was in the Segunda division too.

look at the size of him,hardly suited to spanish football,i can see him being a handfull at set pieces for us and hopefully his hold up work is good,thats all we require

Finally got one over the line, he looks like a big ol' unit, let's hope he knows how to use his strength. 

Gallagher isn't everyone's cup of tea, I'm not a huge fan myself, but he's an experienced championship player and we're shipping him out and putting all of our eggs in this guys basket.

Sometimes, you've gotta shit your pants and dive right in, so maybe this change will be positive. 

It has to work, or we're screwed 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

look at the size of him,hardly suited to spanish football,i can see him being a handfull at set pieces for us and hopefully his hold up work is good,thats all we require

We require some goals from our main striker with Szmodics leaving. Lets hope he can get plenty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do we? Is that because Eustace plays long ball, do you mean? We dont have players who cross a ball well.

I think JRC crosses a ball well. Brittain on occasion. That's about it, and both have injury problems. JRC may also be used elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

So it will be back to short corners

My main concern is that it’s late on to add an unknown quantity into the mix. Would have been ideal for him to play a part in pre season. It’s going to be very much a case of sink or swim.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

We require some goals from our main striker with Szmodics leaving. Lets hope he can get plenty.

eustace wants to improve set pieces i think,which is good cos we`ve been awful on them for years,this lad looks like he could be a monster on corners and free kicks,imagine being a centre back and this lad running in at you😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky said:

My main concern is that it’s late on to add an unknown quantity into the mix. Would have been ideal for him to play a part in pre season. It’s going to be very much a case of sink or swim.

He needs to learn about the position from Jack Vale, or so Mogga would say.

Seriously though, yep it's late, he can't speak English and has a very short time to get up to speed with the English game. Add all that up and you're probably looking at sub appearances or "not being ready yet" for a few games at the start of the season.