BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Do we get anything for this? Or just a pathetic £40k development fee or something?

It is crooked all keans to favouring the big boys.  I mean like they don't hoover up the talent in the first place then we have this just in case they miss one they can come back and grab em for nowt after the small club has done all the work.  It is BULLSHIT.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, rickard said:

Duncan McGuire seems to have a 2 year-extension triggered. So I guess that's it for our "interest" then.

Also, he's playing in the Olympics. So if he does well a competent club will probably snap him up if he does well.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/07/30/sheffield-wednesday-blackburn-rovers-duncan-mcguire-contract/

#Venkysout!

I thought we were signing this fella?  Was it not recently posted on here that he was on his way?  I remeber commenting in it.

9 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

It's quite scandalous the ineptitude of Steve Waggott and Co. 

Yet he remains gainfully employed at kur fiotball club and oulling down more per year than I could dream of.

58 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Any of us could read what is out in the public domain and put together what he puts together. I highly doubt it's legitimate insider information. I think it's just an attention seeking effort that puts two and two together from public information or fabricates the negative stuff that some people seem to want to believe.

I agree that anybody could look to cause mischief, if they wanted to do so, based on some of what is out there. But he has been right on a few things. Specific with certain things too such as the new kit.

Also, it isn't about wanting to believe negative things. The words and actions of this hierarchy over the years naturally lead some fans to hold such a viewpoint.

The idea that Suhail would go to India and tell the owners not to spend in our situation sounds wild in isolation. It would be wild at any normal club with normal Directors, but that's not what we are, nor do we have those. It could be argued that it is 'trouble making' to post such a tweet and call it 'insider info'. Fair enough.

I'm looking at in the following context though. The context of a long line of brown nosing tossers who have rocked up here who have no care for the club, or for the fans, but who are intent on saving the owners from having to spend. That is their only M.O. Cost cutting. Stuff on field success.

Swag is one of those people, as seen by his "the owners have been so generous to us, we can't keep asking them to spend every time" line, repeated in 2018 and 2024.

Everything currently happening at the club is endorsed by Pasha sitting alongside Waggott.

Therefore, how wild is the idea that Pasha went to India, saw that his mates are potentially in a bit of bother with the Court situation and thought:

"Nah, I don't want to ask them for more money, they've already been so generous, they've got the stress of the Court Hearing to deal with too, I don't want to add to that. I know, let me try and help them out by telling them we're alright for the next few months. We're trading players and bringing money in, Mrs D/Bala/whoever. We've got the next installment of such due. We're using the Academy players too, so no need to worry about spending for now".

I'm not saying the above happened, just that the thought of it isn't all that crazy, imo.

These people know nothing about football and do not give a shit about Rovers kicking on, trying to win promotion etc. That's what we need to remember. If they can get a "well done" or "good job" from the owners that's a big "win" for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You must have spent too long in France. I can tell what he's saying perfectly well.

Well, you know, sometimes I get the boys to translate for me and, you know, the boys tell me if, you know, remove most of the filler words that you might, you know, understand what he's saying about the boys, you know.

• Like 2

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, lraC said:

Is it irony that we sign a huge striker and we are now on page 4 4 2?

Wow, shows how many hidden posts there are if you think there’s only 442 pages 😅

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Give me the option to sign a 6.5 striker from Europe who's managed double digits in Belgium on 3 occasions for 1.5 million... Or Duncan McGuire who had one season in the MLS and was previously playing at college level for a significant amount more... 

No brainer for me. 

Be nice if we could play them together…

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Not being funny but if the links are just made up to try and placate the fanbase would it not be more beneficial to make up links to good players? Not sure I’ve seen a single rumour that’s made me think wow what a signing that would be! Not sure waggott etc care that much to go through the trouble 

The players linked haven't been brilliant, true. However, I'd say the situation looked that bad a few weeks ago, with talks of us spending nothing, possible admin if the Court Hearing goes a certain way etc...that the likes of Krul, Cooper and Brannagan suddenly looked like solid signings. In our predicament I mean, not that they are brilliant players, but compared to the poorer alternatives in those positions in our squad? They were upgrades and it looked like we'd be bringing in experience.

I thought it was interesting that such links surfaced after the Insider's tweet about "no need to spend" and after fans were talking about protests on here.

Let's see if any experienced heads do walk in through the door. I think the only way they do is if the manager stamps his feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No. If you watched the pre season games you would know how we are looking to play. Eustace made some comments at the WATR meeting, Elliott Jackson done a couple of articles and I've mentioned several times on here. 

Have we put in loads of crosses in friendlies (ie not competitive games) in which we have just lacked a big man to head them in?

Point being, we dont have wingers who go on the outside and/or are good crossers. We have been linked with Dembele, again not a good crosser. From what I have read, Gueye's strength lies in the air but I fear without a considerable revamp of our wide options and a change of style, our current personnel aren't very good at crossing. Whatever he said at whatever meeting, he might not get what he wants.

Eustace likes playing long ball football so I can see why a big target man might suit him. But if he specifically thrives off crosses, that is a weakness in our squad so we will struggle to get the most out od that skill. Dolan, Hedges, Markanday and Sigurdsson all prefer to play on the opposite side and cut in. If Rankin Costello plays wide, he drifts in too. Which of our current players are good crossers? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or alternatively this Rovers Insider bloke is probably completely full of shit.

I can't see for one moment why Pasha would be bothered by adverse reaction to him allegedly telling the owners not to spend anything. If indeed he ever said it and was unwise enough to let the comment slip into the public domain in the first place. Doing unpopular stuff never seems to have fazed him in the past.

As for Eustace "kicking off", who knows but it's not a massive stretch to assume he wouldn't have been happy with events up to now.

I think it falls in line with how they operate having a couple of cheap deals lined up but despite having the money allocated still hang around trying to guarantee one out first.

Manager etc put the pressure on so on this occasion Waghail have caved in.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Have we put in loads of crosses in friendlies (ie not competitive games) in which we have just lacked a big man to head them in?

Friendlies is where you get your team shape, tactics, formation drilled in the players. That's the all idea of friendlies..

Watched Eustace's comments at WATR meeting about comments. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Point being, we dont have wingers who go on the outside and/or are good crossers. We have been linked with Dembele, again not a good crosser. From what I have read, Gueye's strength lies in the air but I fear without a considerable revamp of our wide options and a change of style, our current personnel aren't very good at crossing. Whatever he said at whatever meeting, he might not get what he wants.

Eustace likes playing long ball football so I can see why a big target man might suit him. But if he specifically thrives off crosses, that is a weakness in our squad so we will struggle to get the most out od that skill. Dolan, Hedges, Markanday and Sigurdsson all prefer to play on the opposite side and cut in. If Rankin Costello plays wide, he drifts in too. Which of our current players are good crossers? 

Brittain Provides the width on the right and Dolan on the left. JRC moved inside into the 10 role like I have pointed several times, Jackson similarly. 

Eustace played a specific way last season to keep up and defensive solid. 

If you watched the clip I've provides on Monday, he scores a couple of goals from balls provided by through balls/low crosses. 

I would like to pacey winger come in before the deadline. 

• Like 1

Just awoken from a offseason slumber and we finally have action. Losing SS isn’t great but good luck to him, will see him next year, great deal for the club and hopefully provide funds to sign the 7/8 players this squad needs. Is this roughly where we are at?

—————-Pears———————

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

————-JRC—-Sonny——————

—Hedges——Yuki———Siggy

—-————Gueye———————

2nd 11

——————New———————

Duro——-New—O’Riordan——New

————Travis—-Buckley————-

——New——Markanday———Dolan

——————-New————————-

Weimann -Utility 

Tyjon - Forward

Mufuambi - Forward

Gent - Winger

Out 

Vale loan or sale 

Batty needs loan

Garret sell, needs to get his career going somewhere 

For me I’d be looking at:

Starting Experienced Goalkeeper, Iverson from Leicester, they want 1.5m for him. No brainer if he will fit into wage structure.

Quality CB not McFadzean, an incentive heavy permanent deal for James Hill would be my preferred choice. 

Someone like a Chrisene, maybe a premier league loan to battle Pickering for LB. I wonder if Nakayama, free agent from huddersfield might fancy adding to our contingent.

Need a quality right winger for sure, should be plenty of options out there. Palace really owe us one so I hope it’s Rak-Sakyi on loan for season for Right Wing.

Add another larger striker to this too if we can, maybe a deal for Stephen Humprys fits in here for a free. Maybe a midfielder with a bit of guile,  Luke McGowan, cheap, Dundees player of the year. 

GK,CB,LB,RW are Urgent

ST and CM if funds allow

Weimann, Mafoumbi, Yuki assumed. Asking too much?

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Just awoken from a offseason slumber and we finally have action. Losing SS isn’t great but good luck to him, will see him next year, great deal for the club and hopefully provide funds to sign the 7/8 players this squad needs. Is this roughly where we are at?

—————-Pears———————

————-JRC—-Sonny——————

—Hedges——Yuki———Siggy

—-————Gueye———————

2nd 11

——————New———————

————Travis—-Buckley————-

——New——Markanday———Dolan

——————-New————————-

Weimann -Utility 

Tyjon - Forward

Mufuambi - Forward

Gent - Winger

Out 

Vale loan or sale 

Batty needs loan

Starting Experienced Goalkeeper, Iverson from Leicester, they want 1.5m for him. No brainer if he will fit into wage structure.

Quality CB not McFadzean, an incentive heavy permanent deal for James Hill would be my preferred choice. 

Someone like a Chrisene, maybe a premier league loan to battle Pickering for LB. I wonder if Nakayama, free agent from huddersfield might fancy adding to our contingent.

Need a quality right winger for sure, should be plenty of options out there. Palace really owe us one so I hope it’s Rak-Sakyi on loan for season for Right Wing.

Add another larger striker to this too if we can, maybe a deal for Stephen Humprys fits in here for a free. Maybe a midfielder with a bit of guile,  Luke McGowan, cheap, Dundees player of the year. 

GK,CB,LB,RW are Urgent

ST and CM if funds allow

Good post wouldn’t really disagree with any of that other than to add the ST to the urgent list as we needed one before we sold Gally, and Samir.

Weimann and Ohashi seem like replacements for SS as attacking midfield / 2nd forwards, playing off ‘Big Mak’…or another.

I also ‘feel’ like there will be an out in the midfield group, leading to us signing Baker or someone like him.

interesting month ahead…

Edited by Paul Mani
Addition

Speculative drivel from roversinsider I'm afraid.

It's hardly a sudden flurry when these deals have been going on for a few weeks. Absolutely no coincidence either that Sam Gallagher will probably be unveiled as a Stoke player later. 

Besides, when has king rat ever given a flying fuck about what anyone thinks?

I highly doubt JE would kick off to the levels JDT did either, to no avail.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

—————-Pears———————

————-JRC—-Sonny——————

—Hedges——Yuki———Siggy

—-————Gueye———————

2nd 11

——————New———————

————Travis—-Buckley————-

——New——Markanday———Dolan

——————-New————————-

Weimann -Utility 

Tyjon - Forward

Mufuambi - Forward

Gent - Winger

Out 

Vale loan or sale 

Batty needs loan

GK,CB,LB,RW are Urgent

ST and CM if funds allow

Pears being our no. 1 still... Frightening 

• Like 4