BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

39 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Speculative drivel from roversinsider I'm afraid.

It's hardly a sudden flurry when these deals have been going on for a few weeks. Absolutely no coincidence either that Sam Gallagher will probably be unveiled as a Stoke player later. 

Besides, when has king rat ever given a flying fuck about what anyone thinks?

I highly doubt JE would kick off to the levels JDT did either, to no avail.

I agree mate. I don’t think for one minute that they care about public opinion, nor do I think JE will have ‘kicked off’…

They have waited to get some cash in, simple. Fees + wages of Semir, Wahlstedt and SG paying for Ohashi, Gueye, Weimann? Mcfadz?…

GK, defenders, a winger or two and a striker funded once SS cash drops in? 🤞🏽

Edited by Paul Mani

47 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hastings has returned home and both Rovers & Ipswich have not followed up yet … Larne want to send him out on loan in the men’s league this week if Rovers don’t come calling .. scored 6 in 3 since his return ..  

Exciting experienced Winger deal is complicated but he is well established & will be a free …like Conway known for his pin point crossing as well as his direct  dribbling  skills …has championship experience all be it 1 season …..Another Rudy Gestede production… really hoping it comes off but have competition for the lad ….

Could it be El Ghazi? Talk of him being available for free and Cardiff supposedly interested 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, USABlue said:

STILL?  Only close?  Waggot trying to come up with a means of scuppering this deal?  I was beginning to wonder if the new tactic, instead of filing late, was to screw up their flights. 

I have a feelin in me water that in the next day or 2 this deal is going to break down.  If it does Waggot needs fired ON THE SPOT.

8 hours ago, USABlue said:

I thought we were signing this fella?  Was it not recently posted on here that he was on his way?  I remeber commenting in it.

Have you somehow crossed over from a separate timeline where we signed McGuire and didn't sign Gueye?

What happened to Nelson Mandela where you come from?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hastings has returned home and both Rovers & Ipswich have not followed up yet … Larne want to send him out on loan in the men’s league this week if Rovers don’t come calling .. scored 6 in 3 since his return ..  

Exciting experienced Winger deal is complicated but he is well established & will be a free …like Conway known for his pin point crossing as well as his direct  dribbling  skills …has championship experience all be it 1 season …..Another Rudy Gestede production… really hoping it comes off but have competition for the lad ….

If there's competition for him, he won't be coming here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Just awoken from a offseason slumber and we finally have action. Losing SS isn’t great but good luck to him, will see him next year, great deal for the club and hopefully provide funds to sign the 7/8 players this squad needs. Is this roughly where we are at?

—————-Pears———————

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

————-JRC—-Sonny——————

—Hedges——Yuki———Siggy

—-————Gueye———————

2nd 11

——————New———————

Duro——-New—O’Riordan——New

————Travis—-Buckley————-

——New——Markanday———Dolan

——————-New————————-

Weimann -Utility 

Tyjon - Forward

Mufuambi - Forward

Gent - Winger

Out 

Vale loan or sale 

Batty needs loan

Garret sell, needs to get his career going somewhere 

For me I’d be looking at:

Starting Experienced Goalkeeper, Iverson from Leicester, they want 1.5m for him. No brainer if he will fit into wage structure.

Quality CB not McFadzean, an incentive heavy permanent deal for James Hill would be my preferred choice. 

Someone like a Chrisene, maybe a premier league loan to battle Pickering for LB. I wonder if Nakayama, free agent from huddersfield might fancy adding to our contingent.

Need a quality right winger for sure, should be plenty of options out there. Palace really owe us one so I hope it’s Rak-Sakyi on loan for season for Right Wing.

Add another larger striker to this too if we can, maybe a deal for Stephen Humprys fits in here for a free. Maybe a midfielder with a bit of guile,  Luke McGowan, cheap, Dundees player of the year. 

GK,CB,LB,RW are Urgent

ST and CM if funds allow

Weimann, Mafoumbi, Yuki assumed. Asking too much?

Agree with a lot of what you are writing. Chrisene however did sign for Norwich yesterday. In my opinion new LW/LWB is main priority. That will makes us more fluid in attack and flexible with tactics. 

1 hour ago, unleaded said:

Not Liam Millar is it? The lad who was on loan at PNE last season...or is he still with Basel?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Friendlies is where you get your team shape, tactics, formation drilled in the players. That's the all idea of friendlies..

Watched Eustace's comments at WATR meeting about comments. 

Brittain Provides the width on the right and Dolan on the left. JRC moved inside into the 10 role like I have pointed several times, Jackson similarly. 

Eustace played a specific way last season to keep up and defensive solid. 

If you watched the clip I've provides on Monday, he scores a couple of goals from balls provided by through balls/low crosses. 

I would like to pacey winger come in before the deadline. 

So amidst your random repeated lines about WATR meetings, holding the width, how we want to play, what Elliott Jackson thinks.

The answer is, no, you cant name players we have that are good crossers because we dont have them. Therefore my point stands.

• Like 3

The guy certainly looks the part, been a while since we have had some presence up front instead of the usual powder puff midgets running about.

Hopefully this is the first of a few attacking signings, we still need 2 wingers and another 2 strikers (guessing one will be the Japanese fella).

If we can add a centre back to the mix then we stand a chance of scraping lower mid table providing Maggot doesn't flog off anymore players.

I wonder if we could tempt Man City to loan us Brazilian wonderkid Kayky for the season 🤔 

Coming back from an injury last season, would be in their interests to keep him relatively close to home to keep tabs on him. 

Someone will nab him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I wonder if we could tempt Man City to loan us Brazilian wonderkid Kayky for the season 🤔 

Coming back from an injury last season, would be in their interests to keep him relatively close to home to keep tabs on him. 

Someone will nab him.

With Waggott leading the charm offensive, what could go wrong?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

With Waggott leading the charm offensive, what could go wrong?

Yeah fair point 🤣 Maybe Rudy could be a bit more charming, although he seems to be tapping into Belgium/France. 

I just think it's worth an ask, we've got good facilities at Brockhall and they'd be able to keep a close eye on him.

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Someone will nab him.

He'll go to girona or one of their other feeder clubs across Europe. I doubt he even has a work permit to play in England yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.41dc814c31c6e59d6050c94e8e85cffd.jpeg

Fans Forum minutes confirming we’re looking for a keeper, left sided centre back, striker (Gueye), and an ‘7’ or an ‘11’

That’s interesting- based on that, we would still need a GK, Lcb, No.9 (replacement for SG) and a winger, plus replacement for SS.

So 5 more, right? 😅

• Like 1

The dynamics within the changing room are going to be very interesting - two big and popular characters in Szmodics and Gallagher being replaced, so far, by two lads from overseas with at least one them not being able to speak the lingo.

You sense any further signings, Mcfadz aside, look to be going the same way too with Park and Rudy leading the charge.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1