BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

One thing that is good about Ohashi is that the J league runs from Feb to Dec, so he is pretty much half way thru the season. So shouldn't need any of that 3 months to get up to speed Mogga bollocks cos he's missed a bit of pre season.

Should slot straight in a be on point fitness wise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRFC4EVA said:

One thing that is good about Ohashi is that the J league runs from Feb to Dec, so he is pretty much half way thru the season. So shouldn't need any of that 3 months to get up to speed Mogga bollocks cos he's missed a bit of pre season.

Should slot straight in a be on point fitness wise.

He should be up to speed but he surely will need a break at some point.

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

It said in this article that he can be a fluid #10 in a 4-3-3. 

He will also suit a 4-2-2 with Gueye/Vale upfront with him. 

Hedges - JRC - Tronny - ? 

Gueye  - Ohashi 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 352 sort of formation (hence why 2 more defenders) with Gueye and a smaller striker with him (Yuki). Honestly wouldn’t be against this as Britain and a good left winger / wing back (Gent?) would see a lot of crosses and we can be more defensively solid. It would also allow Tronstad to sit in front of the defence controlling the play and two other midfielders to go forward in attack. 

Although then you have Hedges, Dolan etc not being used so maybe a more 433 formation could fit them in better. As long as we are strong in both defence and attack and don’t just sit back I’ll be happy. One thing we lack from the friendlies is creativity upfront. 

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Which article?  Can you post it please?

A "fluid 10" sounds central to me, not the sort of player I would want trying to whip crosses in for a 6 ft 5 striker

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Yes, that is where he has played for the majority of his career, including here

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-hedges/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/326230

I meant LW to whip in crosses. In a 4–3-3 the LFW is normally inverted and quite fluid. Not the one making the crosses. 

IMG_1199.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, cmkay1999 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 352 sort of formation (hence why 2 more defenders) with Gueye and a smaller striker with him (Yuki). Honestly wouldn’t be against this as Britain and a good left winger / wing back (Gent?) would see a lot of crosses and we can be more defensively solid. It would also allow Tronstad to sit in front of the defence controlling the play and two other midfielders to go forward in attack. 

Although then you have Hedges, Dolan etc not being used so maybe a more 433 formation could fit them in better. As long as we are strong in both defence and attack and don’t just sit back I’ll be happy. One thing we lack from the friendlies is creativity upfront. 

That what I thought. Playing Brittian and Gent as wingbacks.

• Like 1

Just now, Moptop1 said:

To me it makes sense. Use our strength which now is a 6 foot 5 striker and two good crossers of the ball. Then a smaller striker to pick up the scraps

1 minute ago, Moptop1 said:

Not a fan of 3 at the back. Normally doesn’t work and is a bit too “trendy” for my liking. 

4-4-2 with to box to box (one more defensive)  midfielders will solve the same. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I meant LW to whip in crosses. In a 4–3-3 the LFW is normally inverted and quite fluid. Not the one making the crosses. 

IMG_1199.jpeg

Thanks for posting that

Still see a floating roaming 10 as more central than wide

Hedges could play LW, but that being said, we probably need someone with a bit more pace out wide

Edited by KentExile

24 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Wonder if we are looking to play 4–3-3

Trav - Tronny - JRC 

Hedges - Gueye - Ohashi 

something like that 

I reckon we're going to go for a 442 with a classic little and large combo of Gueye and Ohashi up top  (I know Ohashi isn't that small, but compared to Gueye he is).

With crossing you dont need to get it to the by line if you have a dominant figure in the box. The full backs can swing it in from deeper positions.

• Like 2

I saw quite a bit from the Olympics yesterday and especially the match between Egypt and Spain. One thing that stood out for me was where the crosses came from. It could even be just outside the box, not necessarily the wing back. 
 I believe Markanday is a good crosser and could be valuable in that manner. 

Just now, alexanders said:

Not a fan of 3 at the back. Normally doesn’t work and is a bit too “trendy” for my liking. 

4-4-2 with to box to box (one more defensive)  midfielders will solve the same. 

Just worries me with 2 in the middle that we can be overrun. Which is why 442s have been slowly declining. 

I feel like with the right players a 3 at the back can be good and work well but you’re right in the past with rovers it hasn’t worked. Usually because we sit back too much and the wide players don’t get forward enough which is what we need to provide the width. One thing is clear, with 2 CB signings and a quick winger we have the ability to change formations which is a good thing to have. 

Two positive signings but ones that in any well run club would be the punt signings to support the 2 or 3 flagship signings needed rather than being the flagship signings themselves. Under pressure to perform from the off rather than coming into the fringes and being able to do their stuff pressure free. 

Unproven at this level so will reserve judgement till they play. 

One of the forums favourite journalists confirming the Chrisene fee was £1.5m.

If we were actually spending the £30m+ incomings from the last twelve months, I think this would have been a sensible deal for us.

• Like 4

It will be a 4-2-3-1 in most games and then some sort of back 3 and wingback system in games such as the Leeds and Leicester away games at the end of last season.

That's what Eustace has done his whole managerial career, and there is no reason that will change this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

It will be a 4-2-3-1 in most games and then some sort of back 3 and wingback system in games such as the Leeds and Leicester away games at the end of last season.

That's what Eustace has done his whole managerial career, and there is no reason that will change this year

Then we are most likely looking at

Tronny - Trav

JRC - Ohashi - Dolan

Gueye 

I would use Hedges instead of Dolan. 
JRC is a good crosser 

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Tronny - Trav

JRC - Ohashi - Dolan

Gueye 

JRC is a good crosser 

I’ve seen a quicker group of pensioners 

As Jackson has pointed out JE had been playing 4-2-3-1 all of pre-season 

When attacking, Brittain has been playing pretty much as a RW with the actual RW (JRC) dropping into central areas to pick up the ball and create. 

So we essentially go 3 at the back when attacking, and then 4 when defending.

Edited by Forever Blue

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Tronny - Trav

JRC - Ohashi - Dolan

Gueye 

JRC is a good crosser 

Personally see it as

JRC    Tronstad

Hedges   Ohashi    NEW/Dolan

Gueye

Both JRC and Tronstad offer more than Trav in midfield, and with Travis' wage he is likely next on the departures list.  Hedges cutting inside takes the place JRC has held in pre season allowing Brittain to overlap down the right

If Trav stays then JRC may play in the 10 slot to give Ohashi time to adapt to English football

Edited by KentExile

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

Personally see it as

JRC    Tronstad

Hedges   Ohashi    NEW/Dolan

Gueye

Both JRC and Tronstad offer more than Trav in midfield, and with Travis' wage he is likely next on the departures list.  Hedges cutting inside takes the place JRC has held in pre season allowing Brittain to overlap down the right

How many games will Hedges and JRC be fit for?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, I had a look at the list of free agents - he ticks every box from what @unleaded posted.

Sadly I don't think El Ghazi will come to us. I imagine half the league will be after him.

• Like 1