BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

15 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, I had a look at the list of free agents - he ticks every box from what @unleaded posted.

I think he’d be very expensive wage wise, but it isn’t the first time he’s been hinted at this window. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, unleaded said:

The Rudy Gestede era has began with this first signing …. He looks a beast and I welcome this signing …looks like the attacking version of Samba ..  All 3 signings are Gestedes / Parks connections …. There is a winger they are  working on but that might be a long process …Hope it comes off …it’s interesting they are targeting players on clauses & Frees from around the world .. makes financial sense 

We’ve been crying out for a Rudy type player for years now imho. Luton had one and they promoted. We all hoped that finally playing Gallagher as a CF would do it, but he’s just to soft and timid. If Ohashi can be his foil ala Rhodes then we really will be looking up rather than down. As you said a Conway type winger is going to be essential though to provide the ammunition. A good start though, here’s hoping. 🤞

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

This winger unleaded mentions can’t be El Ghazi, he’s on his way to Cardiff…Also wouldn’t class him as quick either but would of taken him.

Keskinen? We are the only championship side he's following. Got to be something in it 

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Keskinen? We are the only championship side he's following. Got to be something in it 

Yeah we must be still in contact but seems like Helsinki are holding out for a higher bid…wages won’t be an issue, but I honestly don’t think we will be spending much more money on players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Wasn't he the player who was sacked last season for cheering about attacks on Israel? or am I confusing him with someone else?

He was sacked and then won his case in court.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

His English is decent despite one of two suggesting he couldn't speak it. I like the respect he shows in saying Mr Shearer and Mr Suarez. Hopefully he gets some game time on Friday at Stockport so we can get a proper look at him.

• Like 5

I’d take Fadz or Batth but not both. I think it needs to be one or the other. 

The potential areas for strengthening in the FF minutes is interesting. Based on outgoings you’d have to read that as us wanting another 5 or so players. At present we’ve replaced two outgoings in Gally and Telelovic with the two new guys. I’d say that still leaves us needing 5 based on the FF minutes.

Keeper is the key one for me now. Not bloody Ruddy either. Looked awful here last year.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Lets hope one is to replace Hyam.  That bloke is the antonym of the leadership/resilience we apparently need. 

But he is a very good Championship defender. A few shockers last year, but the year previous we were bigging him up as one of the best in the league.

He needs supporting with better players, not replacing. 

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

His English is decent despite one of two suggesting he couldn't speak it. I like the respect he shows in saying Mr Shearer and Mr Suarez. Hopefully he gets some game time on Friday at Stockport so we can get a proper look at him.

English is compulsory in Japanese education.  So those claims were always likely to be false, unless he was absent from school for a few years 😉 

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Lets hope one is to replace Hyam.  That bloke is the antonym of the leadership/resilience we apparently need. 

JE has also been passing around the armband in preseason. Looks like the lack of leadership JE identified has prompted him to see if there are any better captains in the squad, or maybe trying to push some others to be leaders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Would be great! Both experienced and both solid leaders - wonder if O’riordan will go out on loan? 

As posted before, we shouldn't have signed O'Riordan.  Having played 70ish league games including a loan spell in Scotland, he should have been ready enough and good enough to play games in our first team.  Heard JE is not a fan - if correct, another pointless signing especially as we paid decent money for him.  

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As posted before, we shouldn't have signed O'Riordan.  Having played 70ish league games including a loan spell in Scotland, he should have been ready enough and good enough to play games in our first team.  Heard JE is not a fan - if correct, another pointless signing especially as we paid decent money for him.  

If he’s not going to get games here the he needs a loan…Like you said 500k is a decent chunk so we need to start getting some value from it.

5 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Would not be surprised to see Sammie stay at Rovers. Rumour is he's not as keen on a move to Ipswich as some would suggest.

I can see why, they will get battered . Won’t begrudge him a move to the prem but for his sake I’d hope it to be a more established team. 
still would be a major shock to me if he stayed here, wrote him off as away minutes after the final whistle at Leicester 

2 hours ago, Polky said:

image.thumb.jpeg.41dc814c31c6e59d6050c94e8e85cffd.jpeg

Fans Forum minutes confirming we’re looking for a keeper, left sided centre back, striker (Gueye), and an ‘7’ or an ‘11’

If the £5m for Raya is only coming in in installments that's a really poor bit of negotiation on our part.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Would not be surprised to see Sammie stay at Rovers. Rumour is he's not as keen on a move to Ipswich as some would suggest.

This would stir up things. 
we deffo will be better with him and he is the leader figure and captain material we need! 

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Another Egg special to put alongside Wahlstedt, Hirst Ennis and Telalovic.