BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Would not be surprised to see Sammie stay at Rovers. Rumour is he's not as keen on a move to Ipswich as some would suggest.

"Rumour?" 

Its a Premier League move, possibly his last chance. Of course he will go if allowed.

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As posted before, we shouldn't have signed O'Riordan.  Having played 70ish league games including a loan spell in Scotland, he should have been ready enough and good enough to play games in our first team.  Heard JE is not a fan - if correct, another pointless signing especially as we paid decent money for him.  

Heard where?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

If we're looking for a left-sided centre half with Championship experience available on the cheap then we should look at Yoann Barbet at Bordeaux. 200 Championship appearances with Brentford and QPR, can play centre half and left back. Just turned 31 so should have a season or two left in him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

But he is a very good Championship defender. A few shockers last year, but the year previous we were bigging him up as one of the best in the league.

He needs supporting with better players, not replacing. 

He's a defender that looks good when the team is on top but doesn't have the heart for a relegation battle. 

Tactically it's also likely we will be more direct this season which negates one of his 'main strengths' passing. 

18 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

Would not be surprised to see Sammie stay at Rovers. Rumour is he's not as keen on a move to Ipswich as some would suggest.

I look at it the other way round - I don't think Ipswich are that serious about signing him - if they were only bidding £6m I think they were just  chancing their arm seeing if they could get him for a ridiculous knockdown price due to our financial situation. Since that was rejected everything seems to have gone very quiet.

I'd guess the player himself is keen to leave if a Prem Club comes calling so I'd still expect him to leave this window, just maybe not to Ipswich.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I look at it the other way round - I don't think Ipswich are that serious about signing him - if they were only bidding £6m I think they were just  chancing their arm seeing if they could get him for a ridiculous knockdown price due to our financial situation. Since that  I'd was rejected everything seems to have gone very quiet.

I'd guess the player himself is keen to leave if a Prem Club comes calling so I'd still expect him to leave this window, just maybe not to Ipswich.

West Ham come calling and he's on his way to London before we've had time to accept the offer

49 minutes ago, Polky said:

One of the forums favourite journalists confirming the Chrisene fee was £1.5m.

If we were actually spending the £30m+ incomings from the last twelve months, I think this would have been a sensible deal for us.

Surprised to see fans on here wanting him back. He didn't start many games and I thought he looked unimpressive as our poor run of form just went on and on. Of course he is young and has good physical attributes but still seems like a gamble for that fee.

• Like 2

Nixon just tweeted that Danny Batth is not training at Wolves today and that its 'game on' in regards to a move (presumably that's where he's been doing his pre-season as a free agent).

I'm fine with Batth and Fadz both coming in, as long as we don't ever find ourselves in a situation where they're starting together 😂. If O Riordan isn't good enough and with Wharton out for a long time, we need the extra cover for Carter and Hyam.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Nixon just tweeted that Danny Batth is not training at Wolves today and that its 'game on' in regards to a move (presumably that's where he's been doing his pre-season as a free agent).

I'm fine with Batth and Fadz both coming in, as long as we don't ever find ourselves in a situation where they're starting together 😂. If O Riordan isn't good enough and with Wharton out for a long time, we need the extra cover for Carter and Hyam.

Would be delighted to get Danny Batth in, solid at this level.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inferi said:

Surprised to see fans on here wanting him back. He didn't start many games and I thought he looked unimpressive as our poor run of form just went on and on. Of course he is young and has good physical attributes but still seems like a gamble for that fee.

I thought he looked quite good but didn't get enough playing time.

Batth solid and will do a job. Wouldn't surprise me if Fadz will be more of a coaching/Backup player. Plenty of talent coming through that will need nurturing. Manager likes him and he's at that stage where life after football will be on his mind

Edited by Rover8T4

37 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

He's from Colchester isn't he ?

So i'd say he'd favour this move over most others outside of a massive club and although i don't want to lose him it's a great move for him for numerous reasons.

Then again maybe being from there he hates Ipswich Town who knows but it's been well reported it was HIS agent who pitched him to the tractor boys.

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think some were making assumptions and as most people know assumptions are the mother of all f** ups 😆😆

Perhaps it's me misunderstanding things, but I thought we were talking about Big Mak in relation to being unable to speak English - his first interview would seem to confirm this. 

But yeah, Yuki seems to know enough to get by. Loved the "Mr Shearer is a Legend"!

• Like 2

Be surprised if we get both Fadz and Batth. Neither left sided, both fill a similar role. I wonder if something has changed with Fadz over the last couple of days which has made the club do a U turn and go for Batth.

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Be surprised if we get both Fadz and Batth. Neither left sided, both fill a similar role. I wonder if something has changed with Fadz over the last couple of days which has made the club do a U turn and go for Batth.

Maybe Hyam is off?

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So i'd say he'd favour this move over most others outside of a massive club and although i don't want to lose him it's a great move for him for numerous reasons.

Then again maybe being from there he hates Ipswich Town who knows but it's been well reported it was HIS agent who pitched him to the tractor boys.

I have no doubt that he'd take any premier league move (any player would lets be fair) so his agent probably shopped him around to any and all that might take the bait. Looks like Ipswich are the ones that did. If the move materialises he'll be off in a heartbeat and counting his money and fair play to him for it, but I doubt that Ipswich specifically is his 'dream move' so to speak.

I also don't get the impression that if it falls through he'd be the type to kick off about it or down tools or whatever. The move might not be all it's cracked up to be - Ipswich might be low balling him wage-wise in an attempt to keep a low overall wage structure. One of the benefits of going from league 1 to the prem is that most of their squad won't have massive prem wage hike clauses or the likes, so they might genuinely be attempting to keep a championship wage structure, planning for relegation and banking the TV money.

We don't know, it does seem to be dragging on a bit. I still 100% expect him to go to be fair.

Edited by AspRover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

As posted before, we shouldn't have signed O'Riordan.  Having played 70ish league games including a loan spell in Scotland, he should have been ready enough and good enough to play games in our first team.  Heard JE is not a fan - if correct, another pointless signing especially as we paid decent money for him.  

Be honest(go on give it a try) You've just made this up as usual. 

Absolute tosh. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Maybe his wife has threatened him with divorce if he signed for Ipswich, her family are Norwich fans

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/april/06/szmodics-eager-to-upset-the-in-laws-/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Don’t know how much is true but just quoting someone from X (twitter)

Apparently Topi Keskinen has been at our training ground. 

Is he the one that follows us?? Maybe something in it, who knows?

In my opinion, I think that’s someone knowing he follows us and looking at old reports online and just making a story up…Keskinen has been following us for a while and our bid got rejected earlier this year… I’d love to be wrong but think it’s rubbish that he’s at our training ground.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2