BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

Don’t know how much is true but just quoting someone from X (twitter)

Apparently Topi Keskinen has been at our training ground. 

Is he the one that follows us?? Maybe something in it, who knows?

Who said it on twitter?

Then we can decide if it's credible or not.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the £5m for Raya is only coming in in installments that's a really poor bit of negotiation on our part.

Structured to arrive in line with running cost bills no doubt.

I don't understand what Ruddy Gestedes job actually is!? If it's largely 1st team player recruitment then why do we also have john park? 

Seems like he's acting in a bit of a Shebby Singh role 😄 and getting involved in everything but parallel to the rest of the backroom team

If he can help prise waggot and suhails hold on the club in the way that Shebby did with kean and his cronies then I'm all for it 😅

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

In my opinion, I think that’s someone knowing he follows us and looking at old reports online and just making a story up…Keskinen has been following us for a while and our bid got rejected earlier this year… I’d love to be wrong but think it’s rubbish that he’s at our training ground.

Tbh I think it’s unlikely but we can dream 😂

Just now, danger19_80 said:

He's not been signed for the first team, initially at least 

All 3 strikers are unknown at this level. Who knows what will happen. Eustace quoted as saying he's not seen anything of Ohashi. Not sure if it's true but it's good for us that competition to prove themselves is on

Just now, danger19_80 said:

He's not been signed for the first team, initially at least 

Neither was Dolan when he joined tbf. If he's good enough, he's old enough.

All gambles but at least ones that could come off, which is a nice change. Next priority needs to be a keeper though, we can have all the strikers in the world but I expect we'll play tight games with Eustace and Pears drops too many clangers over a season for a team playing that way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If the £5m for Raya is only coming in in installments that's a really poor bit of negotiation on our part.

It's the norm for it to be paid in installments 

Brentford won't be getting all the Raya fee from Arsenal in one go ,it will be paid in installments 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who said it on twitter?

Then we can decide if it's credible or not.

I think he was called Jimmy Duckworth. Likely a nobody but he said he’s been at the training ground and we are discussing fees etc. Like I say I’m just stating what I’ve read, likely nothing but one can dream 

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

West Ham come calling and he's on his way to London before we've had time to accept the offer

Absolutely.

He's a West Ham season ticket holder and fan, but £20m? No chance.

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

O don't understand what Ruddy Gestedes job actually is!? If it's largely 1st team player recruitment then why do we also have john park? 

Seems like he's acting in a bit of a Shebby Singh role 😄 and getting involved in everything but parallel to the rest ofcthe backroom team

If he is using contacts he’s developed from his playing career, speaking multiple languages and identifying players to support Park it can only help surely. 

If he is lined up to replace Waggott, it’s also in his interests to appear to be than man finally recruiting players for the club- especially if one or two turn out to be good ‘uns.

Could easily be a PR exercise, but could also be him helping to broker deals.

What I’m more confused about, is what has happened in the last 7 days which has resulted in multiple players joining and others looking close? I’m not buying it’s Szmodics related. Something has happened financially that has allowed the club to open the flood gates.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

No.mention of him being an U21's signing.

The lightning fast forward will initially join Rovers’ emerging talent group, where he will hope to impress for Mike Sheron’s side as he looks to make the next step in his career into first team football.”

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

What I’m more confused about, is what has happened in the last 7 days which has resulted in multiple players joining and others looking close? I’m not buying it’s Szmodics related. Something has happened financially that has allowed the club to open the flood gates.

Ohashi is a free, or otherwise an extremely small fee. Batth is a free, this French lad is free.
It's only Big Mak that's cost a fee and that's the tiniest fraction of the funds the club has received over the past year or so.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

The Danny Batth signing is interesting, when you consider he was training with Wolves..

I would be surprised now, if we brought Fadz in, unless Hyam is off. 

15 hours ago, tomphil said:

Big Mak is a great name but how do they get a chant out of that.....

To the tune of ,"I love you baby"........... "We love you Goeye",  please add on !

3 minutes ago, Polky said:

The lightning fast forward will initially join Rovers’ emerging talent group, where he will hope to impress for Mike Sheron’s side as he looks to make the next step in his career into first team football.”

Ah fairs, hadn't seen that. Gave him a bit of a fanfare for an U21 signing.