BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, M_B said:

Thinking that. 

Maybe these signings, might convince Sammie to stay one more season, and then see how it goes.. If we don't need to sell him, then maybe we just keep him. 

4 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Ohashi is a free, or otherwise an extremely small fee. Batth is a free, this French lad is free.
It's only Big Mak that's cost a fee and that's the tiniest fraction of the funds the club has received over the past year or so.

Will we not have to pay something for the french guy considering they offered him a contract?

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

A word on Nicko- call him out all you like but he has been spot on with our transfers. Including our new 6ft 5inch man and Baath coming to us this morning.

a super quick wide man now please!

Siriki Dembele down the wing 

2 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Ohashi is a free, or otherwise an extremely small fee. Batth is a free, this French lad is free.
It's only Big Mak that's cost a fee and that's the tiniest fraction of the funds the club has received over the past year or so.

No one is free. All worth 100’s of thousands or millions depending on the length of their contract. 2 months of nothing, a week of chaos, multiple signings and others clearly on their way. It’s bizarre!! I’m convinced there has been either a change in approach whether it’s a change in personnel involved in either negotiation or authorising deals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't understand what Ruddy Gestedes job actually is!? If it's largely 1st team player recruitment then why do we also have john park? 

Seems like he's acting in a bit of a Shebby Singh role 😄 and getting involved in everything but parallel to the rest of the backroom team

If he can help prise waggot and suhails hold on the club in the way that Shebby did with kean and his cronies then I'm all for it 😅

Hes been brought in for show and to add yet another layer in front of Waggot and Shadow Man.

So far hes had about 3 different job titles and remits but it actually looks like he's just here to get some cheap players through the door via his contacts.

Could be a masterstroke could be another white elephant but yet again it makes you wonder why they can't just be honest, which being honest he's probably an agent or consultant but as we know you can't employ people like that directly so they throw out various titles and job descriptions.

I think he'll get a few through the door and maybe a few out, make a few quid then he'll be gone in a year or two at most.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Ah fairs, hadn't seen that. Gave him a bit of a fanfare for an U21 signing.

Yes, we didn’t see the same fanfare for Doherty when he signed 😂

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

A word on Nicko- call him out all you like but he has been spot on with our transfers. Including our new 6ft 5inch man and Baath coming to us this morning.

And been right and first in on most the back room changes.

Nixon is arrogant and some of his own opinions (like Kean a gem) are nonsense but he is worth following and his stories are worth discussing as he gets a lot right on us 

• Like 2

Just now, Iceman said:

Maybe these signings, might convince Sammie to stay one more season, and then see how it goes.. If we don't need to sell him, then maybe we just keep him. 

Any player in the Championship would sell their grandmother to play in the Premiership. Players who are 28 so at the end of their careers would sell their children.

No one chooses to stay in the a level down if they have a top league offer. You would have to go all the way back to Steve Bull at Wolves to find a player who has voluntarily chosen to play at a lower level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, imy9 said:

It seems recently hes got a line back into the club again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

I think he was called Jimmy Duckworth. Likely a nobody but he said he’s been at the training ground and we are discussing fees etc. Like I say I’m just stating what I’ve read, likely nothing but one can dream 

Strange thing to make up so who knows, but until someone more credible mentions it I'm calling bollocks on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And been right and first in on most the back room changes.

Nixon is arrogant and some of his own opinions (like Kean a gem) are nonsense but he is worth following and his stories are worth discussing as he gets a lot right on us 

Be careful, some will disagree he’s useless just because they don’t like him…I presume he’s got a lot of these right because he’s pals with John Park.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Any player in the Championship would sell their grandmother to play in the Premiership. Players who are 28 so at the end of their careers would sell their children.

No one chooses to stay in the a level down if they have a top league offer. You would have to go all the way back to Steve Bull at Wolves to find a player who has voluntarily chosen to play at a lower level.

Not saying he shouldn't go, but if the right offer doesn't come in, and he has to stay, then it's something that might keep him going. 

Good to see the model of developing young English players and selling on is so well established with our latest 3 signings & goodness knows what the combined age of our touted defence will be.
 (Any young ones developed leave before they establish a first team place)

Edited by markhayhurst

Things are moving! Fadz and Batth close to signing.

A mix of experienced championship pros and some gambles from abroad in so far. I like it. Weimann will probably get a deal too to add some championship experience up top. I'd imagine so anyway.

Last summer we made the huge mistake of all our signings being gambles and it failed miserably. This feels like a more sensible approach.

Still need a GK, cover RB, CM, and pacy winger or 2. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hes been brought in for show and to add yet another layer in front of Waggot and Shadow Man.

So far hes had about 3 different job titles and remits but it actually looks like he's just here to get some cheap players through the door via his contacts.

Could be a masterstroke could be another white elephant but yet again it makes you wonder why they can't just be honest, which being honest he's probably an agent or consultant but as we know you can't employ people like that directly so they throw out various titles and job descriptions.

I think he'll get a few through the door and maybe a few out, make a few quid then he'll be gone in a year or two at most.

“just here to get some cheap players through the door via his contacts.” and here is a scary quote…..

The lightning fast forward will initially join Rovers’ emerging talent group, where he will hope to impress for Mike Sheron’s side as he looks to make the next step in his career into first team football. Mafoumbi becomes the third new forward to arrive at Rovers in the last 24 hours.

Confirmed. U23 signing. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Weimann will probably get a deal too to add some championship experience up top. I'd imagine so anyway.

Absolute no brainer to get him on a years deal with an option for me, can't be going into the new season without any championship experience up top.

I dunno why though I just have a feeling that it won't happen.

• Like 1

I knew we would all feel better, once some signings were made. 

We haven’t won a game yet, and nothing is a sure thing, but the club is bringing some young, talented players. 

I can’t wait to get the season started!