BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Funny how all the players who were classed as injured over the past few weeks are being sold…Only one left is Siggy who like Gally and Gent, has one year left…Hmmm

Really wouldn't surprise me to see Sigurdsson leave.

19 minutes ago, AspRover said:

If they are shipping Gent out permanently after the season he's just had and considering he plays in a position we are not exactly stacked in then I can only assume someone has really ballsed up his contract renewal negotiations and they know he's walking next summer.

If we were so hard up that we have to accept whatever Barnsley can offer we wouldn't have signed Big Mak for a fee.

Very disappointing to hear that George Gent is being sold to Barnsley. One of the more promising young players and made much more of an impact at Motherwell than Vale last season. 

However, if Eustace decided that he wasn't up to it, at least a decision has been made and the player sold for a fee. Better to sell players than to let them go on a free. Time will tell if the club have made a mistake.

Regardless, the club must address the lack of pace in the defence. A fast defender or two is essential.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, AspRover said:

If they are shipping Gent out permanently after the season he's just had and considering he plays in a position we are not exactly stacked in then I can only assume someone has really ballsed up his contract renewal negotiations and they know he's walking next summer.

If we were so hard up that we have to accept whatever Barnsley can offer we wouldn't have signed Big Mak for a fee.

We would have still been entitled to money for him next summer he is under 24

He had a decent spell at Motherwell that doesn't automatically mean he will make it in the championship 

Maybe it's as simple as Eustace having a look at him and not fancying him

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I guess he's not as good as we all hoped he would be.

Shame. 

No biggie, imo. I think some overrate a lot of these kids. We only need to look at where a lot of them end up after leaving Rovers to see they weren't the answer for us. It's the state that Venky's have the club in that has people hoping these kids are the answer.

Even players who didn't come through our system, like Jacob Davenport, were being talked up as being better than they were. He's now at Morecambe. Garrett is another in the Davenport mould, imo.

Let's get a few more experienced players in. The youngsters who are good enough will make the step up naturally.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FE123 said:

JE has clearly made the decision that championship football isn’t for him yet, despite impressing at Motherwell. Don’t think we can attribute this to money. He’ll earn very little and the fee will be small with a year left on his deal. Maybe explains why they are signing Batth and Fadz if they now need a left back.

Does it? Neither of those are left backs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

With how injury prone he is and how ineffective his was for most of last season, I wouldn’t be too bothered if he was sold…He’s definitely not signing sooo

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Would we be bothered?

I expect he is on a decent enough wage in comparison to most the rest of the squad.He misses too many games 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He said we want those particular 2? If we sign one of them, we need a younger, quicker left footed one too. It would be stupid to sign 2 slow and old right footed centre backs.

That lad we signed already O'rierden will be the younger one surely?

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

With how injury prone he is and how ineffective his was for most of last season, I wouldn’t be too bothered if he was sold…He’s definitely not signing sooo

No, he won't sign a new deal. I think JDT was a big factor in his move here, with him leaving not sure how much he wants to be here.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Would we be bothered?

I expect he is on a decent enough wage in comparison to most the rest of the squad.He misses too many games 

Yup, very injury prone, so he wouldn't be missed really. Don't see how he fits into the team now either tbh.

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Siggy showed how little he thought of the Rovers move by only signing an 18 month contract. I’d be amazed if he isn’t sold. Same with Hyam

Agreed. Think he was viewing us as a stepping stone to a bigger club but injuries have put an end to that.

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Pretty obvious that Gent has overtaken Batty in the past 12 months though, just by going out and playing men's football for a year.

Batty is still at the Rovers, Gent has been sold to Barnsley, neither are first team players. I don't see how Gent has overtaken Batty.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Batty is still at the Rovers, Gent has been sold to Barnsley, neither are first team players. I don't see how Gent has overtaken Batty.

Nobody in L1 is asking Batty to join them. If there was, he’d be gone, because he isn’t good enough for the Championship.