BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pretty crazy how easily some fans are bought. A few exotic signings and people get giddy when the reality is... 2 of our current best academy products have walked out the door, as well as our main centre forward and our main goal scorer. Replaced with speculative players with unproven quality for pittance and players way past their prime. 

This is an absolute disaster no matter how much you want to dress it up in your mind and lie to yourself. 

I think expectations were just even lower before these signings. It looked like the likes of Vale and Markanday could be starting a lot of games next season.

• Like 1

On me saying people are getting giddy... I'm mainly aiming that at the normies on twitter and such, not at anyone specifically here. The realism and pessimism is what keeps me coming back here to discuss Rovers. I don't have a presence on X or Facebook. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Anyone know if Mafoumbi (now signed officially, the LT don't seem to have reported it though as far as I can see) takes up one of our foreign player slots? I'm assuming he does even though he's signed for the U21s, as he could play for the first team if we wished. Which makes me wonder if we're done signing players from abroad now. Him, Big Mak and Ohashi would take up 3 slots, and I think Tronstad or Siggy take up the other.

Seemed odd reading that at 19, Mafoumbi is signing his first pro contract. I guess they do things differently in France.

Fairly certain Sonny qualified under normal rules, not sure about Siggy though. Hopefully due to his age the French lad(not learnt to spell his name yet) will get some kind of exemption leaving a slot free for another overseas signing.

8 minutes ago, Inferi said:

I think expectations were just even lower before these signings. It looked like the likes of Vale and Markanday could be starting a lot of games next season.

I keep thinking there's something there with Markanday, maybe I'm fooling myself but he does seem to have ability but maybe he'll be one of those that's just a good league 1 player... Never quite good enough at this level. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Neal said:

Pretty crazy how easily some fans are bought. A few exotic signings and people get giddy when the reality is... 2 of our current best academy products have walked out the door, as well as our main centre forward and our main goal scorer. Replaced with speculative players with unproven quality for pittance and players way past their prime. 

This is an absolute disaster no matter how much you want to dress it up in your mind and lie to yourself. 

Look on Rovers' social media and it is wall to wall erection memes. Embarrassing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salgados Hair said:

Look on Rovers' social media and it is wall to wall erection memes. Embarrassing.

That’s every clubs fans on twitter to be fair. Football twitter is an absolute cesspit quite frankly. A place where people like Nathan Jones think they’re the centre of the universe…

Just now, FE123 said:

Do the powers that be think the window shuts at the end of July rather than the end of August ? 😂😂

I know that's tongue in cheek, but I reckon there will be a grain of truth in getting things done by the end of July. Feels like we're going through a deadline day without the pressure of paperwork cock-ups.

Also, isn't there a rumour that Waggott has given clubs by the end of today to have a bid accepted for Szmodics? I might have misread it somewhere, but I think there is a concerted effort to get most of our business done by today after being stung three times too many on deadline day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I cannot even describe it as a roller-coaster ride; it’s mostly been like watching an out of control beer truck, going downhill 😅

But, here I am, Rovers are my club. I’m thoroughly invested in it (yes, I know, a terminal illness, but I’ve been a Dallas Cowboys fan since birth. Cowboys born in 1960; me, shortly thereafter). I was born within eyeshot of the Cotton Bowl, Fair Park, Dallas, Cowboys’ 1st home. 

Who do you dislike more, Jerry Jones or Venkys? 😂

I do wonder if McFadzean and Batth coming in means Hyam is also on his way out.  He is one of the highest

Gent being "injured" and then sold also makes me think that Sigurdsson may also be on his way out (again, high earner, last year of contract, and injured at the weekend with no huge explanation a la Gent)

Travis (another higher earner, albeit with 2 years left) has already been linked away too

Edited by KentExile

I would expect after Batth being announced for there to be a lull in incomings for a while. My prediction is SS & SG will leave, we'll have an unconvincing start and scrape through a few desperate signings/loans towards the end of the window. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Vale & Siggurdsson to leave next.

Vale is on a low wage and has a year option, so they may be tempted to keep hold as a squad filler whilst Leonard recovers and sell in January or next summer

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Siggurdson has technical quality - something the rest of our squad lacks. Big time. We also saw he can score goals last year - up to the QPR game he looked fanstastic.

Give him a go in Sammie's role. Doubt we sign anything better. 

But Waggott can save close to £15000/week by letting him leave early

1 minute ago, pick32 said:

I’d like to see Siggy given a shot in Szmodics position 

The only way I can see him being a success here is playing more centrally. He obviously can finish, but he looks completely ineffective out on the left. He isn't that orthodox winger who would beat a man and/or cross it for Gueye either so I think it's a cse of move him inside or move him on. 

• Like 1

You'd have to guess we offered McFadzean a very pro-Rovers contract and he wanted to test the market to see if he could do better elsewhere. Seems like it will be a sensible deal all around and in the main he didn't look out of place in the league last year.

• Like 2

• Backroom

One thing I’m cautiously pleased with. Gueye, Fadz, Batth addresses a height issue that we’ve been missing for a long time.

All three also seem to be relative ‘hardmen’ which should nicely add to Tronstad and JRC.

Mafoumbi and Ohashi seem to add a bit of pace to our ranks as well.

Seems to me like we’re planning for a battle. Hope we’re up for it.

• Like 9