BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Just now, JHRover said:

If we get relegated is it good business to have sold our established proven Championship players?

gally spent half the season injured and the other half being terrible,good move for us and hopefully we`ve signed a player who can hold the ball up and head a football,in big mak

• Like 2

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gally spent half the season injured and the other half being terrible,good move for us and hopefully we`ve signed a player who can hold the ball up and head a football,in big mak

Hopefully. 

I'd like our Championship future to be based on a bit more than hope.

Another one departs to a rival and we take a leap into the unknown with these foreign lads. Dangerous game.

• Like 2

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

apologies to any japanese on here,may i be flogged with a bamboo cane

I know we have one prominent Japanese fan on twitter and we may get more visitors to check in on Ohashi so always worth being courteous cheers 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TommyRovers said:

We're talking about Sam Gallagher. 34 goals in 174 appearances Sam Gallagher. Misses huge parts of every season through injury Sam Gallagher. Would leave on a free next summer Sam Gallagher. 

He's hardly irreplaceable. 

Didn't answer my question. If we go down and Stoke and Gallagher stay up will you consider his sale to have been good business?

Or might you accept keeping him in our predicament, about to lose Szmodics too, and suffering some loss on him would be preferable if it meant ensuring Championship status was preserved?

All of what you have said is true. 174 appearances at Championship level and selected every week by Mowbray, JDT and Eustace.

Replaced with unheard of lads who have never kicked a ball in this country. 

A huge gamble IMO but they've been gambling with our future for years so nothing new.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Hopefully. 

I'd like our Championship future to be based on a bit more than hope.

Another one departs to a rival and we take a leap into the unknown with these foreign lads. Dangerous game.

i admit im`e very worried about oyashi,it`s massive step up for him but it`s good business from us to get rid of gally,we`ve sold a not very good footballer to a rival,that`s ok by me,gally was`nt offering us anything

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we get relegated is it good business to have sold our established proven Championship players?

Oh come on, 80% on here have said they would give him away for years now, of course he put a shift in but only got the odd goal..  Everyone moaning about letting contracts wind down and then getting zero money, he obviously didn’t want to sign another contract  because he knew we wouldn’t pay £17000 a week and I don’t blame them for cashing in.

• Like 6

• Backroom

Seems one of those good all round deals, decent fee for us whilst not too expensive for Stoke and new start for him 

Just have to hope Gueye does the good link up bits Gally did but with more output as well 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Didn't answer my question. If we go down and Stoke and Gallagher stay up will you consider his sale to have been good business?

Or might you accept keeping him in our predicament, about to lose Szmodics too, and suffering some loss on him would be preferable if it meant ensuring Championship status was preserved?

All of what you have said is true. 174 appearances at Championship level and selected every week by Mowbray, JDT and Eustace.

A huge gamble IMO but they've been gambling with our future for years so nothing new.

Because there was no-one else.

• Like 2

I don't think our status in the championship comes down to Sam Gallagher. If he goes on to be prolific at Stoke (for the first time in his career) I will question why we didn't get the best out of him and what have Stoke done differently.

Szmodics? Losing him is obviously a big loss. 

Some of the best players in English football history have been "unheard of lads". Even a lot of our own players. Nzonzi, Samba, Nelsen, Pedersen etc etc etc.

At least wait and see what these lads are like before writing them off and pining for Sam Gallagher...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TommyRovers said:

We're talking about Sam Gallagher. 45 goals in 219 appearances Sam Gallagher. Misses huge parts of every season through injury Sam Gallagher. Would leave on a free next summer Sam Gallagher. 

He's hardly irreplaceable. 

A lot of those goals came early in his career. Last season he didn’t look like scoring one. He wasn’t  even getting into positions to miss chances.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

Best of luck to Sam. Had high hopes when he signed. Has all the attributes but never progresses really. Likes having him at the club but was just too limited. Wish him well.

• Like 3

Of course it would be, but why would we think that keeping Gally as our main forward is more likely to see us stay up, not less?

Keeping him is the gamble. He misses too many games, doesn't score enough when he plays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A lot of those goals came early in his career. Last season he didn’t look like scoring one. Even wasn’t even getting into positions to miss chances.

Agreed. I like the guy but his numbers have been poor for years. And unfortunately its a numbers game for a number 9.

Since the end of last season (when the bench was so weak the manager was reluctant to use hardly any subs) the following have departed:

Ayari
Moran
Chrisene
Koumetio
Fleck
McFadz
Wahlstedt
Telalovic
Gallagher

Coming in we've had:

Gueye
Ohashi
McFadz
Travis

So we're still 5 first team players down on what was already a shit squad and that's before the likely departure of our best player. Needs another 5 permanent transfers of Championship standard and 3/4 loans to have a chance of a season not fighting relegation.

It won't happen. We're simply rearranging (for cheaper) chairs.

Whilst it is a positive we're active in the market, the net spend after seeing Gallagher go for £1.6m and the pending departure of Gent for £200k is likely nil. So still the £1m Walstedt, £5m Raya, £22m Warton and SS' £8m in the bank.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Anyone else chuckle in Yuki's interview when he said "Mr Shearer"

Yes, but I found it endearing. In Japan, the equivalent ('san') is very commonly used.

• Like 4

It was time for for Gallagher to move on, he's been a loyal grafter over the years, just a shame he never consistently found the scoring touch for us, but I'm sure some of the few goals he did score where priceless at the time and one us points etc.. 

Genuinely wouldn't suprise me to see him go on and score 15+ next season 🙈

• Like 1