BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

That fee for Gallager who is shite or injured 95% of the time is good business for a normal club to re-invest.....we are far from a normal club. 

The squad as it stands is a shocker. Needs a lot more incomings to survive the season.

• Like 4

Ohashi , Mafoumbe , Gueye. In .. Mcfadz and Batth waiting in the wings .. you do know if we get 7 in , an awful lot of people are going to owe Chaddy a pint  😆😆

• Like 2

Undisclosed fee which means it ain't much no way have Stoke gone from 800k offers to 1.6 million that's fantasy land.

Probably just north of a million including add ons that may or may not get triggered and like i said yesterday i think Rovers will have bent over a bit on this one after committing to spend a bit yesterday.

Good luck Sam no doubt you'll turn into a double figure striker now !

Ok Batth signing tomorrow, I recon a right winger, a left back and an experienced goalie and that will be our window, and possibly the lad on trial if we shift a midfielder out( Buckley/ Garrett.

Think the signings could do well for us, obviously a bit of a gamble on some of them but I applaud the recruitment dept for thinking outside the box and being astute with the finances.

Think it could be an interesting season and hopefully we can win a lot of games especially at Ewood👍

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Ohashi , Mafoumbe , Gueye. In .. Mcfadz and Batth waiting in the wings .. you do know if we get 7 in , an awful lot of people are going to owe Chaddy a pint  😆😆

We’ll need the ‘does McFadz count as a new signing?’ debate first😁

Edited by wilsdenrover

2 minutes ago, AJW said:

Mcfadz year deal was announced by the club  earlier 

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we get relegated is it good business to have sold our established proven Championship players?

Yep we aren't building we've sold a load and are filling gaps again in reality.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A lot of those goals came early in his career. Last season he didn’t look like scoring one. He wasn’t  even getting into positions to miss chances.

I think he looked better when playing alongside better forwards. He was genuinely a handful for spells when playing with Brereton and Khadra. When defenders were more preoccupied with our other forwards his weaknesses didn't seem as bad.

When he was the main focal point though, he was just too easy to deal with. Likeable and not without his good points, but his movement is as bad as I've seen from a Rovers number 9. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 2

Gallagher, I gave you more time than most but you were never going to be someone we could rely on for goals. It’s time for a reboot from this squad and you were part of the problem of previous squads. All the best but good for everyone that move has came through 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Ok Batth signing tomorrow, I recon a right winger, a left back and an experienced goalie and that will be our window, and possibly the lad on trial if we shift a midfielder out( Buckley/ Garrett.

Think the signings could do well for us, obviously a bit of a gamble on some of them but I applaud the recruitment dept for thinking outside the box and being astute with the finances.

Think it could be an interesting season and hopefully we can win a lot of games especially at Ewood👍

Others could still go yet could they not?

Travis linked with Stoke. Hyam and Siggurdson only a year left on their contracts.Will the club look to move them on?

We need more in than just a left back , goalkeeper and Right winger regardless of any other outgoings.Is that just your own opinion as to what you feel will happen or is that the noises coming out of the club?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unsall said:

No loans this year is a bit odd in comparison to previous seasons. Although personally I'm not really a fan of loans unless the player coming in is at least a class above what we have already. 

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Undisclosed fee which means it ain't much no way have Stoke gone from 800k offers to 1.6 million that's fantasy land.

Probably just north of a million including add ons that may or may not get triggered and like i said yesterday i think Rovers will have bent over a bit on this one after committing to spend a bit yesterday.

Good luck Sam no doubt you'll turn into a double figure striker now !

Is that over his three year contract.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JamieUK said:

Since the end of last season (when the bench was so weak the manager was reluctant to use hardly any subs) the following have departed:

Ayari
Moran
Chrisene
Koumetio
Fleck
McFadz
Wahlstedt
Telalovic
Gallagher

Coming in we've had:

Gueye
Ohashi
McFadz
Travis

So we're still 5 first team players down on what was already a shit squad and that's before the likely departure of our best player. Needs another 5 permanent transfers of Championship standard and 3/4 loans to have a chance of a season not fighting relegation.

It won't happen. We're simply rearranging (for cheaper) chairs.

Whilst it is a positive we're active in the market, the net spend after seeing Gallagher go for £1.6m and the pending departure of Gent for £200k is likely nil. So still the £1m Walstedt, £5m Raya, £22m Warton and SS' £8m in the bank.

That departed list is a stark reminder of what a terrible squad we had last season. Awful set of players on that list.

Batth is virtually done as well so we can probably count him. Hedges barely kicked a ball last season and we we have a top prospect in Tyjon who will make his mark next season, so they're almost like 2 new players.

Still well short, of course, but we have made big strides this week in at least putting a competitive squad together for next season. Last week it looked like we'd be going into the season with our weakest squad ever. 

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Dolan has a year left as well doesn't he?

He does, maybe if they shift enough players (and wages) out, the plan is to increase his contract offer?

And then panic when he rejects the increased offer 😉 

Edited by KentExile

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think he looked better when playing alongside better forwards. He was genuinely a handful for spells when playing with Brereton and Khadra. When defenders were more preoccupied with our forwards his weaknesses didn't seem as bad.

When he was the main focal point though, he was just too easy to deal with. Likeable and not without his good points, but his movement is as bad as I've seen from a Rovers number 9. 

He never looked happy playing as a No 9. His first touch isn’t good enough and he plays like a ten stone weakling that’s just had sand kicked in his eyes. If Stoke think they’ve got a guy that can lead the line they’re going to be disappointed..

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Rover8T4 said:

Dolan has a year left as well doesn't he?

Yeah but if he was to stay in England we would still get money for him due to his age ,not the same as Hyam and Siggurdson who we would get nothing for 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KentExile said:

He does, maybe if they shift enough wages out, the plan is to increase his contract offer?

Personally I would try sell him. But only if we could bring in someone with championship experience. Don't want to many unknowns at once 

I wonder what the Stoke fans who loved watching the days of Rory Delap throwing the ball onto Peter Crouch's head, will think when they realise Sam Gallagher gets shorter when he jumps for a header!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cesus said:

I wonder what the Stoke fans who loved watching the days of Rory Delap throwing the ball onto Peter Crouch's head, will think when they realise Sam Gallagher gets shorter when he jumps for a header!

A few see him as a genuine target man 

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313690/confirmed-gallagher-signs-year-deal?page=23

They are in for such a surprise

• Like 3