BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Gallagher is a good lad and I thank him for his efforts at Rovers, but it was definitely time to part ways, and it has been time for a while. He has regressed as a player in the last couple of years so hopefully for his sake a fresh start will reignite his career...just not when it comes to playing us.

All that being said, he simply wasn't good enough at scoring goals and has never built on the double figures he hit back in the Owen Coyle days. It might click for him at Stoke, but it didn't at Rovers, and he was deeply frustrating to watch for the most part.

Hopefully the new attackers prove to be more of a goal threat.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Didn't answer my question. If we go down and Stoke and Gallagher stay up will you consider his sale to have been good business?

Or might you accept keeping him in our predicament, about to lose Szmodics too, and suffering some loss on him would be preferable if it meant ensuring Championship status was preserved?

All of what you have said is true. 174 appearances at Championship level and selected every week by Mowbray, JDT and Eustace.

Replaced with unheard of lads who have never kicked a ball in this country. 

A huge gamble IMO but they've been gambling with our future for years so nothing new.

If we get relegated selling Gallagher wouldn’t rank in my top 20 of reasons why we went down!

if other teams were signing these foreign players you would moan we aren’t expanding our recruitment enough. I agree the club is mess but we are allowed to get some excitement over new players. At least until they’ve played a few games for us. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

any loan signing rumours,surely we are going to use that market

incidentally ben chrisen has signed for norwich permanently

Too early to say unfortunately as the prem clubs are using a lot of the better ones and assessing them in pre season.

The likes of Ethan Nwaneri and Micah Hamilton impressing for Arsenal and City and would be great loans, Kaide Gordon at Liverpool too.

Hopefully we're constantly nagging for updates.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Undisclosed fee which means it ain't much no way have Stoke gone from 800k offers to 1.6 million that's fantasy land.

Probably just north of a million including add ons that may or may not get triggered and like i said yesterday i think Rovers will have bent over a bit on this one after committing to spend a bit yesterday.

Good luck Sam no doubt you'll turn into a double figure striker now !

Be more interesting to see if Campbell does. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Too early to say unfortunately as the prem clubs are using a lot of the better ones and assessing them in pre season.

The likes of Ethan Nwaneri and Micah Hamilton impressing for Arsenal and City and would be great loans, Kaide Gordon at Liverpool too.

Hopefully we're constantly nagging for updates.

Any permanent incomings?

36 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yes, but I found it endearing. In Japan, the equivalent ('san') is very commonly used.

100% an in-head translation moment, which suggests his English is decent but not natural yet, props to him for doing the interview honestly. That said I'd have loved it if he'd just gone with Shearer-san in the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FE123 said:

Do the powers that be think the window shuts at the end of July rather than the end of August ? 😂😂

no but the computer is that slow it will take till then to send the contracts to EFL

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

It almost makes me well up. I see you @RevidgeBlue, it's ok. Farewell, Mr Gallagher (As Yuki might say). I'll put it in the compilation thread too:

This is so frustrating.  If he could time a jump and if he could stand in the right place he'd be Balloon D'or material.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AspRover said:

100% an in-head translation moment, which suggests his English is decent but not natural yet, props to him for doing the interview honestly. That said I'd have loved it if he'd just gone with Shearer-san in the moment.

i must say i was pleasantly surprised how good his English was, a lot better than my Japanese  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

This is so frustrating.  If he could time a jump and if he could stand in the right place he'd be Balloon D'or material.  

If he just ran half his weight he could be devasting. You can’t put the mongrel into players though, they either have it or they don’t.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cesus said:

I wonder what the Stoke fans who loved watching the days of Rory Delap throwing the ball onto Peter Crouch's head, will think when they realise Sam Gallagher gets shorter when he jumps for a header!

Crouch was like that himself to be honest. He was never naturally great in the air, paradoxically. Rory's throws were before his time anyway

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It almost makes me well up. I see you @RevidgeBlue, it's ok. Farewell, Mr Gallagher (As Yuki might say). I'll put it in the compilation thread too:

Is it just me or can you see the confidence ebb away in the manner of the goals scored. First spell he was scoring crackers and getting on the end of crosses with both head and foot and laterally he was just getting scrappy half clearance type goals. I thought he was a decent player in the first spell 

• Like 4

For me we still need the following with or without sammie leaving 

GK-Iverson 

RB/CB - hopefully Hill 

LB- ?? 

RW- Karamoko Dembele 

LW- Siriki Dembele/ Keskinen 

Sammie replacement / centre forward (id go get Gelhardt from leeds)

I think that would give us enough to compete next season and wouldn’t blow our budgets 

Really like gelhardt I think with games he could become a top player

17 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Always said he had a powerful shot in his locker. If he'd had the football intelligence of a Rhodes, he'd have torn this league up.

Been a busy few days at Rovers and I have looking forward to seeing Gueye and Yuki in a Rovers shirt. Its will interesting time to watch from the stands. McFadzean is back and I'm pleased cos he offered that experience we need. I wouldn't signed him and Batth as one is enough, I would have prefer a left footed centre back on loan or centre back who can play right back like James Hill. 

For me, We still a number of other signings like Keeper, left back, centre midfielder, winger with pace and Weinmann(who I would sign).  If/When Szmodics does leave then we have decide how we replace him

• Like 3

At the moment we’ve not really strengthened from the end of last season. The squad is still light but I’m guessing we’ll sort some loans out towards the end of the window when the scraps drop from the premier league table 😞

• Like 3