BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Is it just me or can you see the confidence ebb away in the manner of the goals scored. First spell he was scoring crackers and getting on the end of crosses with both head and foot and laterally he was just getting scrappy half clearance type goals. I thought he was a decent player in the first spell 

He looked happier playing for Coyle. More confident, leaner, he was sharper and was trying to get on the end of crosses. I didn't mind him coming here permanently based on that loan spell as I thought he was good, but he was never the same player from then on.

• Like 1

Just got a feeling there's something in this keskinen link. Nixon has broke the signings this week apart from Ohashi. He's on a roll, but he's been bombarded about keskinen all day and he usually answers. He has either ignored or deflected the question. 

Edited by Rover8T4

5 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just got a feeling there's something in this keskinen link. Nixon has broke the signings this week apart from Ohashi. He's on a roll, but he's been bombarded about keskinen all day and he usually answers. He has either ignored or deflected the question

There’s evidence we are/were interested… but what the club will be doing is pondering around looking for a cheaper option or freebie and will of put him on the back burner…Perfect opportunity for the likes of Sunderland or Boro to come swooping in.

The club will be doing everything they can to spend as little as possible…Curious to see how we react when szmodics goes and how much money we spend, if any.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PotterLog said:

Crouch was like that himself to be honest. He was never naturally great in the air, paradoxically. Rory's throws were before his time anyway

Not many tall players are good in the air. Gally’s really not a good header of the ball in an opposed contest.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

39 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It almost makes me well up. I see you @RevidgeBlue, it's ok. Farewell, Mr Gallagher (As Yuki might say). I'll put it in the compilation thread too:

As far as highlight reels go that's an impressive one if i was a Stokie watching that i'd be getting a bit excited.....

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not many tall players are good in the air.

Chris Samba being the exception I guess, though he was an absolute unit.

Pleasantly surprised with Ohashi's English. Better grasp of the language than a lot of the locals I know, to be fair.

• Backroom

By the way in no world does McFadz count as a new signing - it’s a delayed contract renewal!

Seems it was a great idea telling the club that the transfer window closed today!

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Just got a feeling there's something in this keskinen link. Nixon has broke the signings this week apart from Ohashi. He's on a roll, but he's been bombarded about keskinen all day and he usually answers. He has either ignored or deflected the question. 

Yeh he hasn’t said anything today about it and he’s been asked constantly. I reckon we are waiting for money to come in for Szmodics. 

1 minute ago, cmkay1999 said:

Yeh he hasn’t said anything today about it and he’s been asked constantly. I reckon we are waiting for money to come in for Szmodics. 

He was asked around 6 weeks ago and he replied out of our price range. So not to reply today after being bombarded doesn't seem right, but in a good way hopefully 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Is it just me or can you see the confidence ebb away in the manner of the goals scored. First spell he was scoring crackers and getting on the end of crosses with both head and foot and laterally he was just getting scrappy half clearance type goals. I thought he was a decent player in the first spell 

I still claim it was his hair. Hair got longer, goals got less.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

He was asked around 6 weeks ago and he replied out of our price range. So not to reply today after being bombarded doesn't seem right, but in a good way hopefully 

Fingers crossed. We are crying out for a player like him. Lightning fast and direct. Not had a player like that in years. 

• Like 2

Good to see that we are starting to finally do some business but it should very much be only a start of many as we are still well short of quantity and quality. Our squad is much smaller than the one we had last year which was far too small to begin with.

Gk - need a new number 1. Doesnt have to be really experienced and certainly not over 35. Pears can be back up.

Full back - only one senior option on either side. Need a new one of each, especially on the left

Centre back - fine with quantity when Batth presumably joins, the balance not so much. Could do with a left footer who is quicker than what we have.

Central midfield - travis, tronstad, Buckley. We should decide where JRC is predominantly going to play, Garrett isnt ready. We could do with someone who can pass either way as we are lacking depth here too

Attacking midfield/winger - really short here with Szmodics going and Moran going, and we have lacked pace out wide for a while. Dolan and Hedges are good enough squad players, Sigurdsson and Markanday less so. We need a couple of wide men who can provide pace and crosses for Gueye. Weimann would be a no brainer for a squad role but we need a direct replacement for Szmodics too.

Striker - with the 2 new strikers and Leonard to return, we should be ok here albeit big question marks on how theyll do

So GK, LB, RB, CM, and at least 3 in those attacking positions to bring some pace and quality. 

Should be a case of having some money to spend when Szmodics goes to buy who we can for those positions (definitely a winger, keeper and Szmodics replacement and then loan some more players on top of that. But we know the money will vanish. Nothing stopping us doing the Weimann deal now either ahead of the opening game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Ok Batth signing tomorrow, I recon a right winger, a left back and an experienced goalie and that will be our window, and possibly the lad on trial if we shift a midfielder out( Buckley/ Garrett.

Think the signings could do well for us, obviously a bit of a gamble on some of them but I applaud the recruitment dept for thinking outside the box and being astute with the finances.

Think it could be an interesting season and hopefully we can win a lot of games especially at Ewood👍

You said you reckon so im guessing this is just yout opinion. But either way, it would be a long season if we only signed up to 4 more players, and that 4th shouldnt rely on another outgoing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

Chris Samba being the exception I guess, though he was an absolute unit.

Pleasantly surprised with Ohashi's English. Better grasp of the language than a lot of the locals I know, to be fair.

Mike England was another - 6’ 3” and he could really jump. I’ve seen him head corners down into the top corner of the goal. Not many tall guys can get up like that. They rely on just being tall.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mike England was another - 6’ 3” and he could really jump. I’ve seen him head corners down into the top corner of the goal. Not many tall guys can get up like that. They rely on just being tall.

Duncan Ferguson, you've started something now 🙂

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

david speedie,only 5"7 but his heading was fabulous,he used to hang in the air,puts 6"4 gally to absolute shame

shearer was`nt the biggest but had a great leap on him

• Like 2

Turning into an interesting window. I think to far we need more bodies in, selling Sam was the right decision, we need to offload Dolan for the same reason of last 12 months. Ideally Hyam as well. 

Would love James Hill in ideally, with a Winger and a left back, with a new GK, quite like Iversen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TommyRovers said:

At least wait and see what these lads are like before writing them off and pining for Sam Gallagher...

That isn't what I'm doing. I'm expressing what I feel to be reasonable concerns at selling proven Championship level performers and replacing them with unproven foreign players.

If we were keeping Szmodics I'd be fine with losing Gallagher, but to lose both in a couple of weeks before the season starts and replace with nobody of any pedigree I think is one almighty gamble,  motivated by finances rather than a focus being on what is best for squad stability and depth

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

That isn't what I'm doing. I'm expressing what I feel to be reasonable concerns at selling proven Championship level performers and replacing them with unproven foreign players.

If we were keeping Szmodics I'd be fine with losing Gallagher, but to lose both in a couple of weeks before the season starts and replace with nobody of any pedigree I think is one almighty gamble,  motivated by finances rather than a focus being on what is best for squad stability and depth

I described it as a big ask. 

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As far as highlight reels go that's an impressive one if i was a Stokie watching that i'd be getting a bit excited.....

Bear in mind that it's six years' worth of highlights.

I didn't mind Gally overall, but to those saying that he's been a "great servant", let's remember the huge amount of money we paid for him, and the salary that was more handsome than most at the club. He was very well recompensed during his five years at Rovers, and I lean towards the "not great value for money" camp.

• Like 4