BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

A good day with a lot of potential, but still a long way short of what we need to be competitive this season. However, some out of the box thinking that hopefully comes off better than the likes of Ennis and Telalovic. 

We definitely need a keeper, at least one full back and one or two wingers, and that's assuming we don't lose Szmodics, Dolan, Hyam etc. Hyam had a bad season but if we were to get him off the books and replace with McFadz and Batth we'd be mad.

On a personal note, there's something about Ohashi that makes me really want him to well regardless of everyone else and I can't place what it is. Potential cult hero in the making if he can kick off right. 

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

The squad needed just a little bit of seasoning under JDT. I'm trying to stay optimistic but feels as if we're moving backwards here.

absolutely no doubt we`de have been promoted under jdt if he`d been backed properly after his first season,but ambition is a filthy word under swag and the indians

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Did Hull’s left footed centre back move to another club? We were interested in him iirc. Can’t remember his name.

Mcloughlin I think. Haven't seen him move anywhere else.

Don't think having both Batth and Fadz is wise. I think Wharton might be able to turn quicker than either with only one leg.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolutely no doubt we`de have been promoted under jdt if he`d been backed properly after his first season,but ambition is a filthy word under swag and the indians

I agree, I think we would have gone up through the play offs his first season if they hadn’t fucked up the O’Brien deal.

• Like 2

Gallagher leaving in isolation is a sensible move in isolation. Getting a fee for a player whose contract has one year left and who is our top earner. And he will never be a natural goalscorer and is certainly replaceable. His injury record is also a real issue.

I do think that people go over the top in implying that we cant do any worse though. He does come off the back of his least productive season and he is very much a bottom end Championship forward but we have had numerous strikers in recent years that have been worse. It makes sense to find value abroad and both the new strikers have better goals per game records but in poorer leagues so it is not impossible that either struggles to maintain those ratios at Championship level.

There is a lot of excitement amidst these new 3 quickfire additions (assuming Batth signs) following such a long wait. The money we have spent is just the money coming in from Gallagher and Gent so not even touching the inevitable Szmodics windfall. We are still well short and if its seen within the club that weve done half of what we need to do and/or we dont spend any of the Szmodics money then this season is going to be long and painful.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The money we have spent is just the money coming in from Gallagher and Gent so not even touching the inevitable Szmodics windfall.

I’d argue that we haven’t even touched the Gallagher money. We sold Telelovic and Whalstadt for fees already, there’s probably the best part of a million quid there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ricky said:

I’d argue that we haven’t even touched the Gallagher money. We sold Telelovic and Whalstadt for fees already, there’s probably the best part of a million quid there. 

Add Gent definitely over 1M, add Gally 1M, Raya Cash, Smozdics going soon as well very much close to the 40M mark 

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But there was never any intention of getting promoted. They got JDT by accident, one of those once in a decade right decision right time moves stumbling across someone who had what it took to haul us into contention. But as others have said this was an accident, never part of the plan, and events since then have proved what the agenda at this club is and it has nothing to do with being successful or getting better.

spot on,they will have panicked when it became clear that after a bit of tricky start,jdt turned out to be a bloody good coach,not a coincidence that the "lack of funding"  and the rigged failure to get lewis o`brien came to light when we needed a few more players to have a right good go at promotion

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Raya and Wharton!! We have done really well for fees in recently. If the owners were willing to spend a bit we could make a Gary Bowyer "good go" of it!

Iversen's demands will drop as the window plays out otherwise he won't be playing first team football. 

Would have like Gent to stay here and be part of our squad but if wants to play first team football regular then can't blame him

On Gallagher, good luck on his move. Been a decent player for us, work hard but never that proflic goalscorer we needed. 

Still need around another 5/6 in. Going to busy 30 days for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still need around another 5/6 in. Going to busy 30 days for us. 

Another 5/6 to do what Chaddy?

Survive?

Mid-table?

Top half?

Play-offs?

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Still think we'll be relegated. Slow and old defenders, weak full backs and a few forwards who could be as bad as Telovic. Sammie will leave too.

im`e a bit more optimistic than last week,we need to get some more players in though

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A few haven’t seen him play then.

One thing i will say is a few off here need to have a good read of that Stoke board to see the amount of people writing him off, moaning about moaners and brandishing their own fans negative.

I mean that only ever happens on here right ?

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

If we bought Leo for 800k paid in installments then sold him for the same we'd still have to pay off what was owed therefore i think that transfer money was just breaking even on that deal and will play no part in business now.

Getting Gallagher through the door for a guaranteed million plus is what has allowed the signings plus probably the usual 500k transfer pot.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

If we bought Leo for 800k paid in installments then sold him for the same we'd still have to pay off what was owed therefore i think that transfer money was just breaking even on that deal and will play no part in business now.

Getting Gallagher through the door for a guaranteed million plus is what has allowed the signings plus probably the usual 500k transfer pot.

Well Wahlsted's wages are off the books too. So are Gallagher's. That will have freed up a lot of wiggle room.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Well Wahlsted's wages are off the books too. So are Gallagher's. That will have freed up a lot of wiggle room.

I hope they've reserved Leo's wages in the budget to wiggle in a better keeper.

30 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Still think we'll be relegated. Slow and old defenders, weak full backs and a few forwards who could be as bad as Telovic. Sammie will leave too.

Boom or bust for me this season. New guys are an unknown quantity - are they the next Szmodics or the next Telalovic ? Only time will tell.