BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Szmodics had a season that he'll probably never have again in his life. It offered us a lifeline to invest in the squad, properly. Glad we are more active but so far we haven't spent the amount needed. 

Even with his form we desperately needed a better left and right winger, a quicker left back and most importantly a goalkeeper (or two they were that bad)! We also had a world class CM for half the season, a well ran club would replace him with another player that can play a pass, in theory we should be spending a mil or two on a central midfielder.

Today was a start and we needed a flurry but we were so far behind anyway, that's all it is, a start. To progress we have to move away from the one in one out. The squad was already too thin and barely survived on Sammie's freak season.

• Like 5

If anyone can believe this lot, then the availability of the Szmodics/wharton/Raya is operating the club until courts allow for Indian funds to clear. I don’t trust our owners but it’s conceivable that there’s £40 million that hasn’t been transferred in and might be available later this month.  Up until last year the owners have been pretty consistently losing £20-25 million a year  

or it’s all for show and not a dollar will be transferred in and the club is destined for league 2

SS hasn't gone yet.....

I quite liked SG but never thought he was a particularly good centre forward despite his physical attributes.

He looked decent during his loan spell but we overpaid by about 3.5 million when TM bought him, that's why expectations were so high and hence a lot of people's disappointment.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It was time for for Gallagher to move on, he's been a loyal grafter over the years, just a shame he never consistently found the scoring touch for us, but I'm sure some of the few goals he did score where priceless at the time and one us points etc.. 

Genuinely wouldn't suprise me to see him go on and score 15+ next season 🙈

We should lump on that bet, anyone got odds? Could be Brereton 20+ goal’s consortium all over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Another 5/6 to do what Chaddy?

Survive?

Mid-table?

Top half?

Play-offs?

If you offer me mid table(14th/15th) I would take it

We need solid first choice keeper, back up left back, another centre midfielder, pacey winger, then add Weimann to us. 

I would love us to splashing the cash but we weren't in the situation, buying players like Thomas-Asante or Thomas Conway. Both 

It's Eustace's full season and I would take  season of stability and let Eustace build on keeping us up last season

So many incomings and didnt realise Gent is leaving us. Is it confirmed? Strange one, i've never seen him play but keep hearing good things about him been able to put crosses into box. Isn't that what we need now since we have Big Mak up front now - a good old winger/crosser which we dont have any now, besides probably Brittain.

4 hours ago, RTM08 said:

A good day with a lot of potential, but still a long way short of what we need to be competitive this season. However, some out of the box thinking that hopefully comes off better than the likes of Ennis and Telalovic. 

We definitely need a keeper, at least one full back and one or two wingers, and that's assuming we don't lose Szmodics, Dolan, Hyam etc. Hyam had a bad season but if we were to get him off the books and replace with McFadz and Batth we'd be mad.

On a personal note, there's something about Ohashi that makes me really want him to well regardless of everyone else and I can't place what it is. Potential cult hero in the making if he can kick off right. 

Polite, respectful, enthusiastic. Mr Shearer,  not cynical or cliche ridden. If he scores a ton nobody will remember Mr Sammie. 

Unless I dreamt it, I’m fairly sure Jackson said on his latest podcast that the budget this year was the same as last. So it’s no surprise we’re having to shift the big earners to enable us to bring people in. 

I’m guessing that the sale of SS will change nothing and that money will just disappear like the rest of it.

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Unless I dreamt it, I’m fairly sure Jackson said on his latest podcast that the budget this year was the same as last. So it’s no surprise we’re having to shift the big earners to enable us to bring people in. 

I’m guessing that the sale of SS will change nothing and that money will just disappear like the rest of it.

That was the women team

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you offer me mid table(14th/15th) I would take it

We need solid first choice keeper, back up left back, another centre midfielder, pacey winger, then add Weimann to us. 

I would love us to splashing the cash but we weren't in the situation, buying players like Thomas-Asante or Thomas Conway. Both 

It's Eustace's full season and I would take  season of stability and let Eustace build on keeping us up last season

Another Rovers fan content with mediocrity 🥱 

I would take relegation to League One & Venky’s leaving rather than this yawn fest.

It’s only after they & Maggott have left we can truly begin to progress as a club. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Another Rovers fan content with mediocrity 🥱 

I would take relegation to League One & Venky’s leaving rather than this yawn fest.

It’s only after they & Maggott have left we can truly begin to progress as a club. 

The last thing Championship is is a yawn fest. 
You are either chasing playoff or trying to avoid relegation and everything is changing so quickly. It’s the most entertaining league! 

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

The last thing Championship is is a yawn fest. 
You are either chasing playoff or trying to avoid relegation and everything is changing so quickly. It’s the most entertaining league! 

The Championship isn’t. The ambition of finishing 14th/15th when we were on the cusp of the play offs just over a year ago is.

It’s a throwback to the Mowbray era - there’s a reason he lasted 5 years in the job. The people in charge are content with mediocrity and do not want us to progress. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

Didn't answer my question. If we go down and Stoke and Gallagher stay up will you consider his sale to have been good business?

Or might you accept keeping him in our predicament, about to lose Szmodics too, and suffering some loss on him would be preferable if it meant ensuring Championship status was preserved?

All of what you have said is true. 174 appearances at Championship level and selected every week by Mowbray, JDT and Eustace.

Replaced with unheard of lads who have never kicked a ball in this country. 

A huge gamble IMO but they've been gambling with our future for years so nothing new.

I usually agree with you on most things but don't understand where you're coming from on this.

We KNOW for a fact that Gallagher is an absolutely atrocious player and was seemingly getting worse and worse. 3 League goals last season was it and didn't score in his last 20 or so outings for the Club.

All new signings are a gamble. The new lads might be great, might not. But even if they aren't they cant really do any worse and that doesn't suddenly turn Gallagher into a good player.

I put him in the Corry Evans/Jason Lowe Bracket of players who never performed and robbed the Club blind for years.

Now we've finally got rid of him that calls for the uncorking of something fizzy tonight in my book.

The more expensive stuff can wait until Waggott leaves and the time to really push the boat out will be when the owners sell up.

One step at a time though.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

We should lump on that bet, anyone got odds? Could be Brereton 20+ goal’s consortium all over again.

He'll be lucky if he scores 15 over his 3 year contract.

And that's my last word on him. Gone. Good riddance.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He'll be lucky if he scores 15 over his 3 year contract.

And that's my last word on him. Gone. Good riddance.

Can this not be the last word on Gally?

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313690/confirmed-gallagher-signs-year-deal?page=29

"What I picked up most from that. He’s got abit of the Doiufs about him. Always in the right place for a rebound tap in. Or a near post header"

Just LOL

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Can this not be the last word on Gally

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313690/confirmed-gallagher-signs-year-deal?page=29

"What I picked up most from that. He’s got abit of the Doiufs about him. Always in the right place for a rebound tap in. Or a near post header"

Just LOL

Kinel!! 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏽‍♂️

I actually feel sorry for this guy. I would honestly say that’s Gallagher Achilles heal. He literally is NEVER in the right place at the right time!! He never looks like he’s going to score a goal.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Kinel!! 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏽‍♂️

I actually feel sorry for this guy. I would honestly say that’s Gallagher Achilles heal. He literally is NEVER in the right place at the right time!! He never looks like he’s going to score a goal.

That forum topic gave provides a great read, levels of delusion and naivety so high that my sides hurt from laughing

They are all very excited having seen his highlight reel on youtube, and are completely discounting that those 40 odd goals took him years to score

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Probably BS, but from X

Charlie Hughes has made a huge u-turn and decided to join Rovers on  a 5-year deal. 

Thats from a random Hull fan merely mocking his own teams ability to get deals over the line following Thomas Asante choosing to go to Coventry over Hull.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

That forum topic gave provides a great read, levels of delusion and naivety so high that my sides hurt from laughing

They are all very excited having seen his highlight reel on youtube, and are completely discounting that those 40 odd goals took him years to score

If it came out that Rovers and Stoke were involved in some type of money laundering scandal attached to the signings of Ennis and Gallagher I would not be surprised.

Who in their right minds would pay a reported £2m+ in fees plus a combined £25k per week = 1.3m PER YEAR in wages for those two having watched them play? 🤣🤣🤣💪🏽

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Probably BS, but from X

Charlie Hughes has made a huge u-turn and decided to join Rovers on  a 5-year deal. 

IF this were true, it would mean two things…

1) Hyam is going / has gone.

2) We are COOOOOKING!! 🔥🔥

So, it’s unlikely but interesting!

39 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The Championship isn’t. The ambition of finishing 14th/15th when we were on the cusp of the play offs just over a year ago is.

It’s a throwback to the Mowbray era - there’s a reason he lasted 5 years in the job. The people in charge are content with mediocrity and do not want us to progress. 

The lack of ambition was evidenced by Waggotts remarks last year about avoiding relegation being the target. That’s the CEO, who should be driving the club forward. 

And the Venksters have the nerve, whenever they speak to the plebs, to say promotion back to the Prem is ultimate aim. 

Utter bullshit.

• Like 3