BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

IF this were true, it would mean two things…

1) Hyam is going / has gone.

2) We are COOOOOKING!! 🔥🔥

So, it’s unlikely but interesting!

Read further up, it's not true.

24 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Probably BS, but from X

Charlie Hughes has made a huge u-turn and decided to join Rovers on  a 5-year deal. 

Hahaha it’s a piss take, he’s on the move for £8million.

Starting to wonder (or at least hoping) that the Gent sale is in order to bring in someone who more fits how Eustace has been setting us up in pre season

Our first choice back 4 has been 

Pickering Hyam Carter Brittain

Which when attacking, becomes a back 3 with Pickering sliding inside and Brittain moving forwards.  Whilst Duru could in theory offer what Brittain does, Gent could probably not do the Pickering role.

The signings of McFadzean and Batth do make me wonder if Hyam is on his way out (high earner in the last year of his contract) which would then leave us with

Left Back/Left sided centre back - Pickering, NEW 

Old steadying head CB (central in the 3) - McFdzean, Batth (Wharton to probably slot in here in a years time when he is fit and Fadz retires/moves on)

Right sided centre back - Carter, ORiordan

Right back/wing back - Brittain, Duru, (JRC in emergencies)

Gamble and Batty to both be loaned out to see if they sink or swim, and Atcheson (who looks very useful but is still only 17) to be the emergency cover centre back and eventually take Carters role when he is inevitably sold within the next 2 years

The sale of Gent probably indicates that the back 5 is not in Eustaces thoughts this season, as he would surely have been a useful back up option at left wing back, and that it will instead be this 4 at the back when defending, 3 at the back when attacking hybrid for the vast majority of the season

I am not saying this is a good, or bad thing, just trying to predict what we may see in the last month of the window and how Rovers may set up this season

Edited by KentExile

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you offer me mid table(14th/15th) I would take it

We need solid first choice keeper, back up left back, another centre midfielder, pacey winger, then add Weimann to us. 

Why 15th? I thought a few weeks ago you said you thought Eustace could have us in top 6 contention? What has changed?

If you think we now need a season of 'stability' (a.k.a plodding along going nowhere like under Bowyer and Mowbray) then why when prior to last season we'd had 2 play off pushing campaigns? Why the regression?

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Why? Because R99 said so!? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

*FYI - I don’t think it’s true, which is why I wrote “IF”…

Of course it’s not true. 
We’re certainly not “cooking”. The place is an absolute shambles. 

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Of course it’s not true. 
We’re certainly not “cooking”. The place is an absolute shambles. 

Yep, thanks for letting me know. I hadn’t noticed…👍🏼

8 hours ago, yankfan said:

If anyone can believe this lot, then the availability of the Szmodics/wharton/Raya is operating the club until courts allow for Indian funds to clear. I don’t trust our owners but it’s conceivable that there’s £40 million that hasn’t been transferred in and might be available later this month.  Up until last year the owners have been pretty consistently losing £20-25 million a year  

or it’s all for show and not a dollar will be transferred in and the club is destined for league 2

IF they get clearance they will be transferring in for running costs next time the pot is running out.

There has never and will never be a transfer war chest they don't fund it like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Why? Because R99 said so!? 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

*FYI - I don’t think it’s true, which is why I wrote “IF”…

What are you talking about?

The whole thing came from a Hull fan mocking his own club on twitter saying that Hughes is joining Rovers in response to there other deals being hijacked.

Keep up.

10 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What are you talking about?

The whole thing came from a Hull fan mocking his own club on twitter saying that Hughes is joining Rovers in response to there other deals being hijacked.

Keep up.

Thanks Dad (I’ll put you back on ignore now) 💪🏽

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Wonder how many of the high earners and experienced we will get rid of: Siggy, Trav? 

I think it’s more to do with being in the last year of their contract rather than being high earners tbf - Hyam and Siggy defo in the danger zone. Dolan, not so much because we would get a fee for him due to his age etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I think it’s more to do with being in the last year of their contract rather than being high earners tbf - Hyam and Siggy defo in the danger zone. Dolan, not so much because we would get a fee for him due to his age etc.

I agree with that and makes sense without getting nowt

• Like 1

If they were going to cash Hyam in i'd speculate it'll be in Jan though wouldn't be surprised if he is one earmarked to offer a new deal to just to protect the asset.

6 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

So many incomings and didnt realise Gent is leaving us. Is it confirmed? Strange one, i've never seen him play but keep hearing good things about him been able to put crosses into box. Isn't that what we need now since we have Big Mak up front now - a good old winger/crosser which we dont have any now, besides probably Brittain.

I’d have rather kept Gent than sign both of MacFadz and Baath.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, slowmo said:

😆 thanks , missed it 

Its was a busy 24 hours or so, McFadzean is back and young French lad also signed yesterday.  Batth having a medical & Also signed Gueye the day before

Gent on his way to Barnsley on a permanent 

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Can this not be the last word on Gally?

https://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/313690/confirmed-gallagher-signs-year-deal?page=29

"What I picked up most from that. He’s got abit of the Doiufs about him. Always in the right place for a rebound tap in. Or a near post header"

Just LOL

That’s exactly what he isn’t. 

• Like 1