BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Another Rovers fan content with mediocrity 🥱 

I would take relegation to League One & Venky’s leaving rather than this yawn fest.

It’s only after they & Maggott have left we can truly begin to progress as a club. 

where did I say I was context? I didn't but this is Eustace full season in charge and there is alot of changes at the club. It will take time for players to settle here. I wish we were spending the we had received in the past 12 months but we aren't as much as we would all like. That' the decisions they have been made. 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why 15th? I thought a few weeks ago you said you thought Eustace could have us in top 6 contention? What has changed?

Cos looking at the massive turnover in players, Losing Szmodics will hit us hard and we aren't spending money on championship players like Conway or Thomas-Asante 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

If you think we now need a season of 'stability' (a.k.a plodding along going nowhere like under Bowyer and Mowbray) then why when prior to last season we'd had 2 play off pushing campaigns? Why the regression?

our squad is different, different tactics, different head coach. 

We are bringing in overseas who will need time to settle in, hopefully they can hit the ground running and we can get them scoring. 

You should all this, So for me, Eustace;s job is see progress and develop on the pitch and finish mid table. Higher, great, but I don't want to be regelation battle either

• Downvote 1

Need some pace throughout the team now. 

Pickering is the slowest full back I've seen and Brittain isn't the quickest. 

Not had any genuine pace in wide areas for a while now - probably Khadra the last one.  None through the centre since Rothwell The new Senagalese won't  be quick and neither will the Japanese lad.

Siggy, Hedges, Dolan all run through treacle. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

All very vulnerable to pace. It’s worrying they can’t see that. Unless the intention is to play extremely defensive.

It’s not the fastest back-line in the league, that’s for sure.

I don’t think we’ll be playing a high line this season, one ball over the top and we’re done for.

Keeper - defo

I reckon this Lcb playing in Italy is legit…seems we play a 343 when in possession with Pickering tucking in and Brittain pushing on.

Hyam could go, as we don’t need 6x senior cb’s for two spots. If he doesn’t then O’Riordan will prob go out on loan to league 1.

I reckon one of Trav or Garrett will go, hoping for the latter and be replaced.

Weimann would be good, plus the winger Unleaded mentioned.

I also think we defo need another Championship proven striker. Loan the Leonard when fit.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Baffling why they wouldn't sign off on Danny Batth a year ago for JDT, citing age but will sign off on the same player a year later and a guy who's nearly 40.

Not sure why I'm looking for logic in Venky's world tbf

Reads to me like Eustace has some clout as he was Waggott's choice - and therefore Suhail's.

JE clearly wants old school defenders and has got his wish.

This would also align with the taps suddenly being turned on last week (though it's more like a drip) as I suspect JE started to put pressure on the fat one and he in turn told Suhail they needed to spend some money or they'd be looking for a new patsy. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

All very vulnerable to pace. It’s worrying they can’t see that.

Quite an assumption, there. Do you really think they've signed them without knowing they aren't pacey?

The improvement in our ability to defend since Eustace and McFadzean came to the club should give the most basic of clues. Passing out from the back and pace isn't everything. In fact, for a simpleton like me, it's absolutely secondary to the ability to read the game and defend well. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I prefer to keep things simple.

Frankly, I feel sorry for Pears. He has had extremely poor protection from our defenders for years. Doesn't help his cause or his reputation (on here), does it?

Edited by goozburger

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Elliot saying no fee has been agreed for Szmodic yet 

If there truly is some sort of gentleman's agreement allowing him to leave I can't understand why a deal hasn't been done already.

Gentleman's agreement and Steve Waggott are two things that simply don't go together 😂.

Sammie will go. He'll probably force it in the end, which will be a sad way to end things but I just hope that some of the money coming in for him allows us to bring in an actual replacement, although I fully expect Wiemann to end up coming in to be that player.

• Like 1

Blimey. We've gone back to Danny Batth

He's not a very good defender. Never was, really. I can't believe people were begging to sign him last year when we had JDT

With that said, he may actually be better suited to Eustace. He'd have got massacred with JDT as manager. Whereas with JE we are going to defend the box more, be deeper and invite teams on to us so we can try and break in the space behind

Ayala was a good example of this kind of defender. Yes, he'd drop you a yard or three back, but in defending the box he was as good as any. Now Batth doesn't hold a candle to Ayala, but at this point it may make sense

It shows how desperate we are though

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.ef515ed89fd18fafa546dc6652d158fc.png

Assuming Sammie goes, this is how i'd sort of rate who we've got left - just my opinion of course, understand some might disagree with a lot of it.

What's concerning is that we've a lot of players who fall into the 'Unknown' category - as they're either new and unproven at this level, or very young and unproven at this level.

I've left out injured players such as Wharton and Leonard, in hindsight should've removed Gilsenan for the same reason.

Anyway, I think we urgently need the following permanent signings;

- a keeper.
- a proper replacement for Szmodics, a marquee signing.
- 2 wingers with pace.
- a left back.

So 5 permanent signings, we then need to supplement the squad with 3/4 good PL loans.

That's just to give us a good shot at survival...

Putting my earlier effort to shame with fancy colours you flash git! lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Assuming Sammie goes, this is how i'd sort of rate who we've got left - just my opinion of course, understand some might disagree with a lot of it.

What's concerning is that we've a lot of players who fall into the 'Unknown' category - as they're either new and unproven at this level, or very young and unproven at this level.

I've left out injured players such as Wharton and Leonard, in hindsight should've removed Gilsenan for the same reason.

- a keeper.
- 2 wingers with pace.
- a left back.

So 5 permanent signings, we then need to supplement the squad with 3/4 good PL loans.

Will say that Hilton is not unknown, he is behind Pears for a reason, you need another colour for him entirely

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Hyam could go, as we don’t need 6x senior cb’s for two spots.

Hyam had a poor season last season, but so did every member of the playing side, Sammi aside of course. The season before he was player of the year!

Getting rid of a player that showed the quality he did in his first season would be silly in my opinion, especially when his direct replacements are Batth or McFadzean, I'd much rather have 28yrs old Hyam!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

- a keeper.
- 2 wingers with pace.
- a left back.

GK, Lcb/Lb, Weimann, Unleaded’s winger and another Tried and tested / marquee ST plus a couple of PL loans and I think we’ll be fine 🤞🏽

There's still a lot of work to be done in the transfer market, no doubt about that. And I think there will be lots more comings and goings.

Nicko posted this yesterday: Need a keeper and a couple of wide types … and midfield

He has a good line back in the club these days with with Park being back, so I think that's a good indicator of what we're looking at next. You'd have to think we'd offer Weimann a deal too. No brainer if he's fit. Probably Hill back on loan later in the window to cover full back positions if he's available (which was also a Nicko story).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Hyam had a poor season last season, but so did every member of the playing side, Sammi aside of course. The season before he was player of the year!

Getting rid of a player that showed the quality he did in his first season would be silly in my opinion, especially when his direct replacements are Batth or McFadzean, I'd much rather have 28yrs old Hyam!

We have no clue, but IF he doesn’t want to sign a new contract it makes sense to offload to recoup money and maybe bring in an even younger player. 

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Baffling why they wouldn't sign off on Danny Batth a year ago for JDT, citing age but will sign off on the same player a year later and a guy who's nearly 40.

Not sure why I'm looking for logic in Venky's world tbf

A club with no clear vision that will sadly never emulate the Brentford or Brighton model due to out of their depth, incompetent owners. They have had plenty of opportunity to do so. It works as further proof they have no clue and will never be able to execute a vision. God knows how they've kept their business running.

• Like 1

I will be interested to see who Eustace appoints as captain for the coming season. So far in the friendlies he has used Brittain, Hyam and Travis in rotation. I honestly haven't got a clue why though.

11 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Travis a good player? Seen it all now. He is awful

Yeah, I don’t particularly rate him either. And he’s on too high wages to be playing understudy for Tronstad. I thought I saw a player in Garrett but he hasn’t developed as much as I’d have thought he would. Need a CM that can do it all.