BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Quite an assumption, there. Do you really think they've signed them without knowing they aren't pacey?

The improvement in our ability to defend since Eustace and McFadzean came to the club should give the most basic of clues. Passing out from the back and pace isn't everything. In fact, for a simpleton like me, it's absolutely secondary to the ability to read the game and defend well. Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I prefer to keep things simple.

Frankly, I feel sorry for Pears. He has had extremely poor protection from our defenders for years. Doesn't help his cause or his reputation (on here), does it?

I said weeks ago, if Eustace wants a keeper he'll get one. We'll have 4 new players by  tomorrow and more to come, if one isn't a keeper it's because Eustace is happy with Pears, not because we can't afford one. 

Best thing that happened for Pears last season was getting injured, meaning Wahlstedt got a do, and that spoke for itself. After that, some of the more hysterical, ridiculous criticism died a death. 

He's young for a keeper, last season will hopefully stand him in good stead. I get the feeling he's got until January. 

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I will be interested to see who Eustace appoints as captain for the coming season. So far in the friendlies he has used Brittain, Hyam and Travis in rotation. I honestly haven't got a clue why though.

and Carter, Buckley, Garrett

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Carter was given the captaincy in Austria.

Suspect Eustace will be keeping up appearances and holding an 'audition' for the part in pre-season.

Personally I wouldn't be giving it to Hyam

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.ef515ed89fd18fafa546dc6652d158fc.png

I like the presentation style. For me, your colour coding is too generous. Unless the rationale for 'green' is being a good player for a relegation team, at best, or a league one team. I don't see many/any of these as being good top half championship players that couldn't realistically be improved upon. It is a hugely downgraded team, with the correct caveat of several being 'unknown', at this stage.

Window dressing with obscure and unproven long-shots.

Obfuscation when pressed for clarity about the long term strategy.

Complete lack of transparency and honesty about the basis on which the club is being run (into the ground)

No strategy, other than to project incompetence when under pressure.

Another 'head coach' / manager making uncomfortable noises about the quality of the resources available to him.

Assets being sold off on a repeating basis, with less and less of value remaining in the club, and a clear intent over the long term NOT to replace like for like.

Hmmmm....

Dunno about you, but I can't seem to see the problem, really.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Carter was given the captaincy in Austria.

Suspect Eustace will be keeping up appearances and holding an 'audition' for the part in pre-season.

Personally I wouldn't be giving it to Hyam

Tronstad would seem the obvious choice, but I think Hedges might have a shout if he can prove his fitness. 

16 minutes ago, M_B said:

I said weeks ago, if Eustace wants a keeper he'll get one. We'll have 4 new players by  tomorrow and more to come, if one isn't a keeper it's because Eustace is happy with Pears, not because we can't afford one. 

Best thing that happened for Pears last season was getting injured, meaning Wahlstedt got a do, and that spoke for itself. After that, some of the more hysterical, ridiculous criticism died a death. 

He's young for a keeper, last season will hopefully stand him in good stead. I get the feeling he's got until January. 

He's got until January to do what?

A blind man on a galloping horse can see that he's shite.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Neal said:

Got to put Batth and Fadz up there as some of the least inspiring transfers I've witnessed for us. 

Yep.

One of them as experience and to bolster the squad was fine, but both of them leaves me pretty worried.

I've seen comparisons to some of our experienced defenders from the past, but in those cases the likes of Short, Moran, Berg (2nd time) were dropping down levels from where they spent most of their career.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, alexanders said:

We have no clue, but IF he doesn’t want to sign a new contract it makes sense to offload to recoup money and maybe bring in an even younger player. 

If its contractual I get it, if he wants to leave I get that too, but any other decision seems daft to me, especially when you look at the market we are operating in. 

In the LT today, Elliott Jackson mentioned us targeting a goalkeeper, a winger and a replacement for Szmodics. That cant be the only recruitment we do, would leave us even shorter than last season.

Also he thinks we are done at CB. Leaves us very imbalanced with no left footer.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In the LT today, Elliott Jackson mentioned us targeting a goalkeeper, a winger and a replacement for Szmodics. That cant be the only recruitment we do, would leave us even shorter than last season.

Also he thinks we are done at CB. Leaves us very imbalanced with no left footer.

We finished 7th without a left footed CB. Hyam was the one playing there. I don’t think it really matters that much. 

Broadly agree with Revs assessment, I'd have a couple more of the greens yellow but I understand where he's coming from. Writing off Garrett is a bit harsh - I'd like to see him get a league 1 loan and see if he kicks on in the manner of JRC and Carter, I think he's good enough to get games there. 

I think that the left footed CB is a bit of a red herring, if we go with a back three Pickering can play there and I don't think two right footed CBs in a back four is as disastrous as all that. If we have to prioritise I'd want a fullback in first, we're a lot lighter there. Of course if we can find a left footed fullback who can also play in the centre...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neal said:

Got to put Batth and Fadz up there as some of the least inspiring transfers I've witnessed for us. 

I compared them to Wes Brown and Gordon Greer a few pages back.

Wes Brown (36) at least had the massive Man Utd (200+ apps) and England pedigree (23 caps), plus had only ever played in the Premier League. Flop.

And hell, even Gordon Greer (35) was just coming off being a relative (until final season) key player for Championship contending Brighton for half a decade - and got almost a dozen Scotland caps. Flop.

McFadzean (37) has spent around 60% of his career in lower leagues (including a long spell below the National League),

Finally Batth (33), who to be fair, is just probably a year or 2 past it compared to what we need at this level.

All in all, Relegation fodder signings.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's got until January to do what?

A blind man on a galloping horse can see that he's shite.

To prove himself.

I'm making the point that if he plays it's because Eustace wants him. Quite a few couldn't accept that Tomasson chose him, lots of hand wringing went on rather than accepting the facts. 

No doubt if he does indeed start, someone will attain/make up information that Eustace wanted another keeper. Let's be honest, if he wears a blindfold he can't be any worse than your man Wahlstedt. 

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Wes Brown (36) at least had the massive Man Utd (200+ apps) and England pedigree (23 caps), plus had only ever played in the Premier League. Flop.

And hell, even Gordon Greer (35) was just coming off being a relative (until final season) key player for Championship contending Brighton for half a decade - and got almost a dozen Scotland caps. Flop.

McFadzean (37) has spent around 60% of his career in lower leagues (including a long spell below the National League),

Finally Batth (33), who to be fair, is just probably a year or 2 past it compared to what we need at this level.

All in all, Relegation fodder signings.

To be fair Danny Batth was POTY at Sunderland one year ago, they class him as Mr. Reliable. Solid, no glamour nor bad games. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I can’t post links from X, but there is a post about an Artist giving Sammie a painting today. 

Sammie in full Rovers gear, doesn’t exactly look ready to move 

Just copy the URL and paste here

Trust.gif

Edited by KentExile

16 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Sammie in full Rovers gear, doesn’t exactly look ready to move 

No fee agreed, so he should absolutely be in Rovers gear doing the job he is currently being paid for!

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

To put into context, these pair were playing in a Coyle side so of course they looked rotten.