BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

55 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Window dressing with obscure and unproven long-shots.

Obfuscation when pressed for clarity about the long term strategy.

Complete lack of transparency and honesty about the basis on which the club is being run (into the ground)

No strategy, other than to project incompetence when under pressure.

Another 'head coach' / manager making uncomfortable noises about the quality of the resources available to him.

Assets being sold off on a repeating basis, with less and less of value remaining in the club, and a clear intent over the long term NOT to replace like for like.

Hmmmm....

Dunno about you, but I can't seem to see the problem, really.

Nail banged firmly on head.

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In the LT today, Elliott Jackson mentioned us targeting a goalkeeper, a winger and a replacement for Szmodics. That cant be the only recruitment we do, would leave us even shorter than last season.

Also he thinks we are done at CB. Leaves us very imbalanced with no left footer.

Mid 30's or free agent keeper, Weimann and a free or very small fee winger. Millions out the door, wages reduced and less than 2 million spent... Normies will be ecstatic. 

Genius. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

Mid 30's or free agent keeper, Weimann and a free or very small fee winger. Millions out the door, wages reduced and less than 2 million spent... Normies will be ecstatic. 

Genius. 

Happy clappers on FB are already in raptures about our "Brilliant new signings", none of whom they have ever seen play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

In the LT today, Elliott Jackson mentioned us targeting a goalkeeper, a winger and a replacement for Szmodics. That cant be the only recruitment we do, would leave us even shorter than last season.

Also he thinks we are done at CB. Leaves us very imbalanced with no left footer.

Isn't he just taking that from the fans forum meeting? That's basically the remaining targets that were mentioned in that plus an assumption that Szmodics would be replaced.

A left footed central defender is not absolutely essential. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Isn't he just taking that from the fans forum meeting? That's basically the remaining targets that were mentioned in that plus an assumption that Szmodics would be replaced.

I think its very important to play a back 3 if we plan to sometimes. And if we dont, then McFadzean wont be able to play.

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think its very important to play a back 3 if we plan to sometimes. And if we dont, then McFadzean wont be able to play.

It will be a left back who can come inside and play as a left centre back whilst we are attacking, rather than a left footed centre back.  Essentially an understudy to Pickering.  Currently we only have Batty who could even remotely play that role, and he isn't ready and needs loaning out

Edited by KentExile

3 minutes ago, KentExile said:

It will be a left back who can come inside and play as a left centre back whilst we are attacking, rather than a left footed centre back.  Essentially an understudy to Pickering

Maybe the gaffer has seen Batty and think he is ready. 

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

To be fair Danny Batth was POTY at Sunderland one year ago, they class him as Mr. Reliable. Solid, no glamour nor bad games. 

From what I've read from Sunderland supporters he'd lost his legs by the end of that season. It seems like POTY was his swansong.

• Like 3

I think it will be a Lcb rather than a Lb that we sign as is the current fad. Look at City with Ake and Arsenal signing Calafiori.

Teams playing a Lcb at Lb so they can tuck them in and push the RB on to make a 343 when they’re in possession.

Edited by Paul Mani

4 minutes ago, booth said:

From what I've read from Sunderland supporters he'd lost his legs by the end of that season. It seems like POTY was his swansong.

I m didn’t get the impression from Sunderland supporters that he had lost his legs. It was the opposite and most were furious, him having won POTY.

Granted, the Norwich fans have levelled this at him…

For me, players like Batth, McFadzean etc judged on the playing style of your team. If you’re playing a high line and leaving space in behind then they’re useless. If you’re planning on sitting in and defending your box, then Honestly, we probably have two of the very best. I expect one or both to be on the pitch anytime we’re under the cosh…which may be regularly!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, alexanders said:

No, the season he left, why he became surplus. 

He was player of the season 22-23 https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2023/april/season-awards/batth-wins-poty

Then left at the end of his contract in June 23 was given a free transfer on transfer deadline day (1st Sept 2023), and was at Norwich last season

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Roll up roll up, are you an aging championship regular without a club. Then Eustace’s retirement home is the place for you

What is Eyal Berkovic doing these days? He was excellent for us in our promotion season 2001.

Replaced by........Tugay once we went up, whats Tugay doing these days? Lets get Shearer back.......

I'll get my coat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Ah the modern day myth - the need for a left footed CB. Pep has a lot to answer for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

To prove himself.

I'm making the point that if he plays it's because Eustace wants him. Quite a few couldn't accept that Tomasson chose him, lots of hand wringing went on rather than accepting the facts. 

No doubt if he does indeed start, someone will attain/make up information that Eustace wanted another keeper. Let's be honest, if he wears a blindfold he can't be any worse than your man Wahlstedt. 

He's already proven himself to not be good enough.

We'll be adrift at the bottom by Christmas if he's the nailed on starter and Szmodics / A.N. Other isn't banging in goals at a ridiculous rate.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He was player of the season 22-23 https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2023/april/season-awards/batth-wins-poty

Then left at the end of his contract in June 23, and was at Norwich last season

I don't think his contract expired. Wasn't it a case of his move here was delayed while Sunderland got in a replacement for him (And the extra year he wanted that we wouldn't give) to let him leave on a free, and that took them so long that Norwich came in late and pipped Cardiff to him? Think Sunderland were going under the very young signing route last season un Beale and Bathh didn't fit the mould they were looking for

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

I don't think his contract expired. Wasn't it a case of his move here was delayed while Sunderland got in a replacement for him (And the extra year he wanted that we wouldn't give) to let him leave on a free, and that took them so long that Norwich came in late and pipped Cardiff to him? Think Sunderland were going under the very young signing route last season un Beale and Bathh didn't fit the mould they were looking for

Thanks for that.  You are right about his contract not expiring, he was given a free as you state on transfer deadline day 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-batth/profil/spieler/129049

Mowbray was still in charge at this point though, who was his manager when he got his player of the season award.  he wasn't sacked until December, so Batth was gone over 3 months before Beale arrived

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/13023143/tony-mowbray-sacked-by-sunderland-after-15-months-at-stadium-of-light

Edited by KentExile