BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

51 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ah the modern day myth - the need for a left footed CB. Pep has a lot to answer for.

I remember Ray Harford (I think it was him) talking about balance when he signed Chris Coleman for Rovers as a left footed centre back in 1995/96

24 year old Pep must have been listening

Edited by KentExile

2 hours ago, M_B said:

No doubt if he does indeed start, someone will attain/make up information that Eustace wanted another keeper.

There's nothing to make up. The Fans Forum notes already show that Eustace and his team are looking for a GK.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There's nothing to make up. The Fans Forum notes already show that Eustace and his team are looking for a GK.

Those notes do not however state 1st choice GK, so it could just be someone to replace Wahlstedt on the bench

"Key positions" implies 1st choice, but does not explicitly state 1st choice.  And we do have to remember this information came from Waggott, so it will of course be talked up to the max (like the bus)

Edited by KentExile

52 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ah the modern day myth - the need for a left footed CB. Pep has a lot to answer for.

If you are playing 2 centre halves I'd agree but if we play 3 at the back then one being left footed does give much better balance.Personally I'd be much more comfortable if a left footed defender was added, wether that be a centre back or left back capable of playing at centre back 

• Like 1

Just looked it up & Donnarumma's out of contract and only has a transfer value of £300k! We should be all over that!

image.png.1905f50412ce450940cf18bb3c495bcd.png

(Ok, it's not THAT Donnarumma, it's his older, shitter, brother, but I'm sure if you post on FB without his first name, you'll get a few bites! 😂)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Do you need a left footed CM too?

Ideally yes… having a mix of left and right footers is huge for angle, surely you can see that? A left footed centre back plays a ball from the LCB role over the top and it’s spinning/curling in behind the defenders and towards goal, if it’s played right footed then it’s curling towards the defender and/or touch line and away from danger? You’ll telling us you can play a right footed left back next which as England showed in summer… you can’t! Anyone saying left footed centre backs don’t matter are basically saying there’s no difference between out swinging and in swinging corners.

Edited by MB Rover

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Just like Sam Gallagher did…oh hang on…😉

To be fair going forward wasn't actually too bad in that season, with Conway, Marshall, Graham and Gallagher.

Just every other aspect of the side was horrible!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Ideally yes… having a mix of left and right footers is huge for angle, surely you can see that? A left footed centre back plays a ball from the LCB role over the top and it’s spinning/curling in behind the defence and towards goal, if it’s played right footed then it’s curling towards the touch line and away from danger? Be telling us you can play a right footed left back next which is England showed in summer… you can’t! Anyone saying left footed centre backs don’t matter are basically saying there’s no difference between out swinging and in swinging corners.

Knowing Rovers they will move Pickering to cb for 'balance' and replace him with Brittain at left back to unbalance the balancing they'd done. 

A decent  left back is a must - as well as a keeper, couple of wingers, a cm and another forward.

17 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Just looked it up & Donnarumma's out of contract and only has a transfer value of £300k! We should be all over that!

image.png.1905f50412ce450940cf18bb3c495bcd.png

(Ok, it's not THAT Donnarumma, it's his older, shitter, brother, but I'm sure if you post on FB without his first name, you'll get a few bites! 😂)

We signed Santa Cruz’s younger brother once…so there is a precedent for this sort of nefarious activity 😁

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I remember Ray Harford (I think it was him) talking about balance when he signed Chris Coleman for Rovers as a left footed centre back in 1995/96

24 year old Pep must have been listening

Ray Harford > Pep then

Okay 😉

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Ideally yes… having a mix of left and right footers is huge for angle, surely you can see that? A left footed centre back plays a ball from the LCB role over the top and it’s spinning/curling in behind the defenders and towards goal, if it’s played right footed then it’s curling towards the defender and/or touch line and away from danger? You’ll telling us you can play a right footed left back next which as England showed in summer… you can’t! Anyone saying left footed centre backs don’t matter are basically saying there’s no difference between out swinging and in swinging corners.

Yeah it does make a big difference, especially when at our level centrebacks are usually so poor on the ball. If we do go 352 i could see Pickering playing LCB and the guy who was on loan in Scotland last year as LWB.

Just now, Galgaterover10 said:

Surely if that was the case we wouldn’t be loaning him out until late in the window? Seems stupid to leave ourselves potentially short 

Fair point.

Fleck it is then.