BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Szmodics replacement he will be I imagine.

Can see Garrett replacement being Fleck.

Similarly to McFadz, I don't hate the idea of resigning him if he's on a very low risk contract. But I do hate the idea of him being signed as a likely starter. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not alone I agree ,i think he will become a good midfielder at championship level.

A loan playing every week is what he needs 

How many games has Fleck played in the last 3 years?

31 games in 3 seasons.

Edited by RoversClitheroe

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Nice.

Is that Garretts replacement?

I shouldn't think so. Described on Wiki as a forward/attacking midfielder. Think he plays more in the latter role. Probably he and Ohashi are seen as replacing Szmodics. Which, obviously you'd expect neither of them truly will.

Weimann's best season though was in 2021/22 when he scored 22 goals in the Championship for Bristol C. Scored 6 the next, and 4 this season. Dunno if that's because his role changed or age kicked in.

Please don't let Fleck be seen as a Garrett replacement. Garrett is usually available, which makes him a good squad player to have. Fleck is the opposite.

• Like 1

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Polky said:

Happy that Garrett is getting a loan to Bristol Rovers. It’s a decent level for him to play regular football and a good club to play for 👍🏻

Glad he’s still playing for Rovers in blue and white!

• Like 1

Fleck was a panic signing. Horrific injury history and looked unfit even before his body broke down the last time. He won't be a regular starter anywhere because he will be out injured. I cannot imagine Eustace wants him back. Maybe he didn't want to rule out Fleck returning because that would be a bad look if the club decided to crawl back to Fleck with an offer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Polky said:

Happy that Garrett is getting a loan to Bristol Rovers. It’s a decent level for him to play regular football and a good club to play for 👍🏻

He played quite a few matches for us last season. I worry we haven’t got the depth in squad to be sending out players like Garrett who performed a service.

hope to be proved wrong but we are looking pretty thred bare atm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markhayhurst said:

He played quite a few matches for us last season. I worry we haven’t got the depth in squad to be sending out players like Garrett who performed a service.

How many games did he start?No good for Garrett getting 20 minutes here and there he needs to go on loan and play regularly.

Cm options Travis ,Buckley ,Tronstad and Costello, rumours another one coming in.Garrett be way down the pecking other 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

That's if it is Bristol Rovers Garrett going too.

O'Rourke has been wrong loads this summer 

Yesterday evening he tweeted that Steve Bruce will be the new Jamaica head coach an hour later McClaren was appointed 

O’Rourke has got worse over the years! I’d take more notice of Nixon and that’s saying something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

He was mostly an unused sub. He needs consistent first team football or his development is going to stagnate.

• Like 1

One glance at the Facebook and Twitter replies to these signings is enough to want me to question my own sanity.

I am so grateful that at least on here there are people of sound mind.

Since our current financial position appears to be similar to that of Oyston's Blackpool and we are now operating a model requiring a departure before an incoming can be approved letting Garrett go out on loan is a sensible move.

Sensible in the scheme of things because one look at the squad demonstrates we do not have the required depth to be loaning people out. But better than selling off an established player again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

There's nothing to make up. The Fans Forum notes already show that Eustace and his team are looking for a GK

There's a difference looking for a starter or  a back up. Either way we need one or tother. 

Edited by M_B